You know what I HATE about my kids being sick? When they decide to projectile vomit a la Alien style on said blanket while snuggling mommy on the couch AND THEN puke on mommy as she's trying to get up while she dry heaves at the same time AND THEN somehow puke all over mommy's BRAND SPANKIN' NEW sofa pillows in the process. Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln that kid is lucky he was sick...that's all I'm sayin'. Yeah.... breathe in, breathe out. I love being a mother. I love being a mother....sometimes I have to remind myself.
I've never done so much friggin laundry in one weekend in my LIFE! Holy upchucking offspring!! From Thursday night to Sunday night we've been tossin' cookies and blowin' grits non-stop. If it wasn't coming out one end it was coming out the other. And somewhere in the middle of that hot mess we were trying to celebrate Boogie's birthday...
Well by Sunday things were looking pretty grim and we ended up having to take Mas into the hospital. Luckily it was only a case of some pretty bad dehydration, poor little fella couldn't even drink water without blowin' gravy. But MAN, hospitals have come a long way! Normally the thought of being at the hospital for 4 hours with a sick child would make me want to stab myself in the eye, but no siree. We got hooked up! We're talking reclining sofa chairs, personal tv's, a smorgasbord of movies to choose from. All I needed was some popcorn and we were good to go! Thankfully the little brat is back to his umm, "energetic" ways and was able to come home. The doctor even gave him a note to stay home from school today. Ohhh. Yay. Remind me to send her a thank-you note.
And there you have it. So much for my weekend...le sigh. Monday again and back to the weekly grind! I'm off to go Febreeze my entire house to try and rid myself of the stank up in here since I can't put my sofa in the washer. But before you go I have one more thing to say....













Poor Mama! That bites almost as looking after a sick husband - not sure which are worse patients! Oh and Glen 20 antibac gets a work out in this house if there is even the scent of sickness!
ReplyDeleteAwww... poor mommy and babies! That's awful - I'm glad that he's feeling better and things are finally starting to get back to "normal" over at your house. I hope the Febreeze works in taking the stink out of your sofa pillows and that today you actually get to ENJOY laying on the couch and snuggling one more day without the projectile vomiting. Hang in there my friend - tomorrow is almost here where he goes back to school and you have the day to relax! Big hugs! :o) xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear that your kiddos were sick. I hope this is a better week for them. :)
ReplyDeleteOh yuck!
ReplyDeleteAw...i hope your family feels better soon...Febreeze is a miracle...lol
ReplyDeleteConsidering I am deathly afraid of vomit, I have NO idea what I will do when I have kids and this happens. Eeeek!
ReplyDeleteGlad everyone is feeling better!! Have a better week!
Girl, I feel ya! I got puked on not once, but twice this weekend. I had to peel of my vomit covered shirt while trying to not let it touch my face and holding back my own puke! And the smell, I have NEVER smelled anything like it!!Luckily that little monsters home with dad today, I mean, I love him, but somedays I'd rather be at work!
ReplyDelete♥
Oh I hope everyone is feeling better. Where do you live that you have recliners in your hospital. All I see in ours is hard plastic chairs. No cushions nothing. Grrr
ReplyDeleteThat totally sucks (or blows... what have you). Hope he's feeling better and you can get back to your regularly scheduled Jersey Shoring.
ReplyDeleteThe joys of being a mom. Huh? They don't tell you about all this stuff when they hand you that sweet, sleeping newborn, do they?
ReplyDeleteUggg, poor kiddos!
ReplyDeletethat vomit stank is the worst...i've spent hours trying to scrub it out of the carpet. i think we just put furniture over it.
ReplyDeletepoor baby! you are such a good mama and well, i hope to be half the mommy you are.
ReplyDeleteyou totally got hooked up. we were visiting a friend's daughter in the hospital and they could not get a thing AND after she had just had major surgery! AHHHH!
Spraying lysol and sending you lovin over there!
Yes you love being a mama...a good one at that! I'm sorry you were up to your knees with excretions and puke pellets. Bleck! But glad to hear mason is ok. Levi looks like he didn't even notice the nastiness around him. Good for him.
ReplyDeleteOn a happy note, its our girls berfday. Yay! Here's to better days for us all!
sorry to hear about the sick kiddos.
ReplyDeletevomit is the worst! hope the little one is feeling better.
have a good day!
Ughhhhhh. Puke. It only gets better from there. Glad Mas had a productive hospital visit and is feeling better! Poor Levi and his pukey birthday weekend. NO FAIR. But I have to admit, he looks pretty happy with his cake! Hope everything starts smelling better soon! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteOh no! Pukey birthday boys are sad...what hospital do you go to? Sheesh, I'm always at the "stab myself in the eye" one.
ReplyDeleteI am pretty sure that you had the worst weekend ever!
ReplyDeleteGlad everyone is feeling better.
I am terrible with sick kids.
ReplyDeleteNot the cuddling, hugging, and loving part... the VOMIT part. I can't handle it!
Glad he is feeling better!
And Happy Birthday Brooke!
YEYEYEY!!! first thanks for putting my big oofa head on here with the sweet birthday wishes!!!!!
ReplyDeleteand second i am SOOOO glad everyone in the cline house o'cheese is getting back into the swing of things...for your sanity and my own!!! i need my daily alicia chats!!!
okay off to finish ours up...or continue...or whatever...yeyey!!!
I'm just glad everyone is ok!!
ReplyDeleteyou LOVE being a mama, and you ROCK at it MAJORLY!!
EKK that projectile vomit does have a way with making you go nutty doesn't it?!! Last time it happened I started running after my son, "in the bucket!! in the bucket!!" ..umm no. lol. oh well. laundry. fun times ;)
Happy Birthday Brooke!!
Good to hear Mason is starting to feel better. Just thinking about the vomit is making me dry heave a bit. Ew!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Levi!! He's so cute in his birthday pic!!!
yikes --that sounds pretty terrible!! good luck getting that smell out!!
ReplyDeleteI know what you are sayin' about the sweet little snugglin' they will do with ya when they feel ill. And they are quiet. Really really quiet.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the Febreeze!
and i was feeling all worried and sorry that you spent the afternoon at the hospital!! you might as well been at the spa! can't believed i missed that! next time please be all sick again so i can visit Cali's oh so cool hospitals!
ReplyDeletehow beautiful is your oofa!!! she wrote a beautiful post as well!
i'm writting you an amail on my uninterresting first day in a minute!
love u!
Whoa! Sounds like a rough weekend, Alicia! P.S. Gatorade works a lot better for upchucking, dehydrating children than water. Water upsets the stomach, and Gatorade will more efficiently hydrate... just a tip I learned... um... in college. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!! Why I didn't catch a hint by the title lol. So almost spurted my soda I was sipping and trying not to bust out laughing at work...
ReplyDeleteSorry I know it's not really funny!
Sounds like so much fun!!! Can't wait to do it all myself...err what?
ReplyDeletebleh! what a MESSY WEEKEND!!! but at least they are all ok and the smell will eventually go away! gag! all that barfing.
ReplyDeletep.s. my cats have been barfing a lot lately. not fun either. cleaning it up is disgusting, whether from kid or animal. shudder.
Too funny... and gross.. that sucks. :(
ReplyDeleteYay.. happy birthday to them BOTH!
What a beautiful blog!
ReplyDeleteI am soo sorry to hear about all the vomiting. Ugh. I hate that. Don't they always just pick the best times?
ReplyDeleteI love that picture, though! It looks like it was taken in the 70's
I probably would have chucked if I was there..I can't handle throw up...no way no how.
ReplyDeleteI pray those nasty germs don't stray our way...
ReplyDeleteOh sweet Jesus I dont know how us moms handle being puked on. I mean really did you ever imagine getting puked on without being to drunk to remember? Yeah me either
ReplyDeleteOMG When my oldest decided to barf up a whole bottle full of milk all down my shirt....I swear I smelled chunked milk FOREVER...in fact I think I smell it now...uggh I need to go heave now!
ReplyDeleteHope everyone is all better!!
Heaven help me. How do kids always know what the newest thing is in the house? It's like they narrow in on it and then their little bodies say, "Okay, unload here, Captain!"
ReplyDeletePoor little crickets. And your poor pillows...