Thursday, February 25, 2010

Too sexy for your party, no way I'm disco dancing...

Let's talk about sex appeal for a minute. I don't know about you, but I've never considered myself to be a sexy person. You'd never find me in the pages of Maxim, or stopping traffic with my killer strut. There are some women that you look at and they just exude raw attraction. They're the textbook 'sexy'. But I can only speak for myself when I say that that will NEVER be me. So can I still be sexy? Truth be told, I look like a flippin' 12 year old and have the curves of a board. Not exactly sex pot material. But hey, I work with what I've got.

Then there's the issue of being seductive....BAH! You know the part in movies where the couple is about to bow chika bow wow and smoosh? The girl is wearing butt floss and will do something sexy like crawl across the bed with this 'come hither' look in here eyes. Then she'll whisper something all flirtatious to reel him in...DUDE! Yeah friggin right. First off, I'd have a major wedgie. Second of all, I'd probably get caught in the sheets and fall off the bed. Thirdly, when I try that 'come hither' look I end up with an 'I have to poop' look. And lastly, I'd forget to say something coy and end up saying what I was really thinking like 'Did I tivo Modern Family?'. Seduction at its finest...or not. My version of seduction is shaving my legs and popping a tic tac. Done and done.

{Pretty sure this hotmess stops traffic! His milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!}

But this got me to thinking...what is your version of sexy? What do you think of when you hear the word sexy? What makes you feel attractive?

I've come to realize that for me it's not about looking like a Victoria's Secret angel or oozing with seduction. My take on 'sexy' is CONFIDENCE! It's about being comfortable in my own skin. It's about confidence in who I am. I'm a hyper, off the wall, jeans and tee, speak my mind kind of girl. And I own it. Do I look like I'm walking the runway every time I leave the house? Abso-friggin-lutely not. And I embrace that. I've found my inner love kitten. She's in my sense of humor. In my fierce protectiveness. In my Chuck Taylors. We all have a love kitten in us. We just have to find what brings our sexy back.


Now dish folks...what makes you feel sexy? What do you think of when you think of 'sexy'?


**check back tomorrow for answers to your questions!! photo from perezhilton.com**

41 comments:

  1. haha OH MY that picture brings up my breakfast just a tad. lol

    Happy Thursday! Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny.. That pictures is DISCUSTING and I so agree with you about falling off the bed and having the "poop" look

    CONFIDENCE is what makes someone sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you are funny! Confidence definitely helps you feel sexy! But some hooker heels help too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL this pic !

    Yep, definitely having shaved everything and I remember to put lotion on my dry white blinding legs..... what really makes me feel sexy is....... lip gloss and baseball cap oh ya and my hoop earrings LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree with you. My version of sexy would be confidence. I think it truly does drive some men crazy and I try to be full of it...but not too full. (I think that's possible too, and NOT sexy.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel like the most disgusting person in the world, and then my husband comes home and still tries to cop a feel. THAT makes me feel sexy! I can be hairy, stinkin, and lookin like a swamp thing, and he's still like "daaaaaaaamn!!!!" Maybe theres something wrong with him, but it works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! That dude is a hot mess!!! I agree, I am so not the sex pot girl. I'm not sure what makes me feel sexy. Probably a new hair cut, a hot pair of boots, and some great new jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girrrrrrl, i'm the same way...i don't know how girls do the seduction thing without laughing hysterically and then farting as a result because that's me to a T.

    I agree...its all about confidence. If you love it, he will too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's odd that I immediately recognized the Perez photo - since I neeeeever read trash websites ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always thought you exude sex appeal. You have that long, dark hair. But I agree that a lot of it comes down to confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok that dude on the bike is everywhere! Saw him on Perez Hilton...he's got some scary shots of that guy/girl/wacko !!!
    Sexy is knowing your hubs likes you for you. Whatever it is that we've got going on, they apparently like it?!! Theres more to life then Victoria Secret..though I'd change bodies with Adriana Lima anyday...

    ReplyDelete
  12. One time back in college I was trying to do this little sexy dance for my then boyfriend and I went to step up onto the bed, missed my footing and fell flat on my face. Yeah that's me trying to be sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i totally agree about the confidence! I feel sexiest when i know I'm being myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I rock Chuck Taylors on the regular! :)

    You want to know what I think is sexy? Just about any piece of art by Jack Vettriano. THAT'S sex on a canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shit, we usually leave the tv on during sexy time...not that we watch it, but it puts off the right amount of light. Lol. The other night we were getting busy and Family Guy was on. All of a sudden the dog starts singing some song called "I like farts" and we both just busted out laughing. Veeeeery sexy. Now we leave the food network on instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm pretty darn sexy. the only thing that can make me look hotter than i already am is a dress made of bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My inner love kitten is farting while eating cheetos and ice cream. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sexy IS all about confidence-- you got it exactly right. Recently CoTU (Center of the Universe) whined, "You used to like the dress-up games." I said, Yeah, that was ten pounds ago... Of course, he doesn't see it that way, so I need to not get so caught up in that... MY mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  19. never thought of myself as sexy either and then there was the dude who just loved me with my baggy jeans low on the hips and thought that my cotton undies were the biggest turn on!he made me realised that being myself was ok. better than ok actually!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Confidence is definitely the key. I'm a total jeans & Chucks' girl which we all know isnt all that sexy but more mellow. So to feel 'sexy' I shave, put on some smelly nice lotion, make up & do my hair. Oh...& putting on some sexy chonies doesnt hurt either, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ROFLMAO!!! You crack me up lady! I too am a girl who loves my jeans and tshirts and hate the "floss" stuff! I think a woman who has confidence in herself is very sexy. I don't do the floss or the sexy lingerie - luckily for me my husband thinks I'm hot and sexy just the way I am! HA! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. love this!

    i am not a super sexy girl either. i think i am more of the "cute" variety versus the sexy variety, and that is ok. you've gotta work with what you've got. i think confidence is super sexy to men, so let's just do that. and i try to wear clothes that flatter, and makeup that enhances/improves features, so that's gotta help. :) and a good bra never hurt a chick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sexy is an attitude. Confidence is what it's all about. It really has nothing to do with who you look, just how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  24. you do NOT look 12 - trust me. I agree that sexy is a confidence & attitude. I feel sexy when I'm pregnant (after the puking stage haha). I also feel sexy after I work out. And I feel sexy in candlelight.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Perez has video of the guy/girl riding the bike.. really gross.

    My definition of seductive.. being in the same bed as my husband. I work nights so it doesn't happen as much as I would like.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree 100%, it's confidence all the way that makes a person sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So that picture came up on my reads and I was like whoa what happened to your hotty boobalotty.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm with you on the confidence thing. I wish I had more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I DID fall off the bed! Totally got tangled in the sheets. Not gonna try that one again....one time I tried dancing and he laughed so I crossed that off the list too...

    Sexy cat walk? Ummm....nope....this is the girl that face plants in an asphalt parking lot while wearing flats on flat ground while the sun is shining and birds are singing (can't even blame it on the rain) AND I break my knee cap in the process. Seriously, I fell...my purse and contents scatter in all directions and all I can say is "OUCH". I did...it wasn't pretty. I'm lucky I didn't break an ankle in my super 'I feel seski' black boots yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You stole my answer! Confidence is sexy to me. And all those Victoria's Secret models and sexy actresses we admire? That's what it is: they are UBER-confident! Owning who you are is the sexiest thing ever!

    P.S. When trying to be "seductive" I usually end up doing something stupid too, like falling off the bed. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I once had a "friend" that was extremely hot and he told me that he prefers "cute" girls over "hot" girls.

    I feel sexiest when I have been out in the sun all day and am tanned, sweaty, and a hot mess. Also, right after a good workout. Either way, it's totally about confidence for me too. I find that the guys that like the "Maxim sexiness" are the guys I find MOST UN-attractive. Usually they are arrogant and full of themselves, looking for arm candy, which I am NOT interested in being :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jeans. They always make me feel sexy! Well as long as they fit my butt good anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sexy is not in what you wear it's in who you are! And you rock it! Your sense of humor is sexy BAY-BE! And NOTHING makes me feel sexy these days....see me when I've lost another 15 lbs then I might attempt the sex appeal again! lol

    ReplyDelete
  34. hilarious post!

    to me sexy is confidence, a little touch of mystery, great body languag,being comfortable in your skin and making the most of your best features whilst hiding your flaws.

    one of the sexiest woman that i know is flat as a board in the front and has a huge j-lo behind. and the way she works her butt, you wouldnt even give a second thought to her lack of curves in the front ... to me that is sexy =)

    ~persis.
    http://onestylemile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gotta say, that picture more or less blew any coherent thought I had from my head. Truly mind-boggling.

    Loved the post! Stopped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I LOVE that you used "abso-friggin-lutely" in your post! I think that's my most favorite word ever!!! And your witty sense of humor and writing always makes me laugh. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Are you ready for the cheese? Can you handle it? I feel sexiest when my husband treats me like I'm sexy. I know I'm not, but he thinks I am (sucker).

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I feel sexy when I look awesome....get my hair done, buy a new outfit I feel good in, put on my makeup without a baby hanging on my leg....

    oh yeah aND 2, no 3, shots of tequilA! UMMMMHMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  39. I feel sexy when I have Mac & cheese right in front of me and I'm about to merk it! :) lol j/k....I feel my most sexiest when I'm in some jeans and nice tops and some pumps that make my hiney look bootylicious!


    I think those little lines right besides guy abs (hips bone thingy) that go down to there ya know...is muy caliente!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Confidence (not cockiness) is super sexy.

    I also dig on some funny. Straight up catnip for me.

    And the harder I try to be sexy (which I gave up a long time ago), the more likely I am to sneeze and shoot a booger onto someone with impressive force.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...