Friday, July 2, 2010

I bleed red, white, and blue!

The love for the Red, White, and Blue runs deep in my veins folks.


I have a very soft spot in my heart when it comes to our great country and those who serve...

I get chills every time I hear our beautiful national anthem sung....

I get a smile on my face when I see our glorious flag waving strongly in the wind...

I get a deep sense of gratitude when I see my children playing so freely without a care in the world...

We truly are blessed to live in such an amazing country. Despite the hard times, we are strong. We are resilient. We are fighters! We fought for our freedom, and we continue to fight!

I am so thankful to those who have fought, do fight, and will fight for our country. Their sacrifices bring tears to my eyes and a deep appreciation in my heart.

So as we celebrate the 4th this weekend, let our flags wave high and mighty! Let the painted night sky burst with pride! Let us remember what the 4th of July truly embodies! I hope you all have an amazing and fun-filled 4th!


"'Cause the flag still stands for freedom, and they can't take that away!"


HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!


**click images for source**

31 comments:

  1. Happy fourth to you too! I wrote about my appreciation of the great US of A today too! It's the least I can do for such an awesome country. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I hope you and the fam have a wonderful holiday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thing to remember about the 4th, so glad you posted this! ;) Hope your family enjoys the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great holiday and weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, thanks for that! I get chills every time I hear our National Anthem too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Fourth of July (although I am from Canada lol)
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a great weekend boo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're so good.

    whenever i think of 4th of july, i don't think about our country. i think about the beer, the meat grilling on the bbq, and the sparklers. haha.

    have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cry every time I hear the Star-Spangled Banner. You know how many baseball games I go to. It's kind of embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you even know that cheese runs through my veins? And that I have a soft spot for you?

    Lots of soft spots. Primarily in my tummy area. Mostly from cheese.

    Is this getting too odd?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Independence Day, Alicia & crew!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post! VERY well said! You rock chica!!! Happy 4th!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a happy freakin 4th dude!! Imma be reppin that red white and blue all weekend long.
    And I agree with Mayra, I'm all about the booze and meat on this (and every) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. *applause*

    I may not live there, but I'm a proud American at heart. It's given me so many amazing opportunities and values.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I completely agree. I have been known to tear up during the anthem myself. Happy 4th

    ReplyDelete
  16. I may or may not have teared up just reading this. Cause we may or may not be two peas from the same pod you and I.

    Love ya! Have a HAPPY 4TH

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree. Our country certainly is an amazing one! Those who have, had and will serve are my heros. A very Happy Independence Day to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an inspirational post. Hope you have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you are having a wonderful Independence Day. I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope your holiday was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amen! Happy 4th, I feel very proud of our country as well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so awesome girlie!! Love this post! And hope your 4th was GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. AMEN SISTA! Happy 4th!
    I am such a sap these days that I cry when I hear the national anthem....stupid hormones from having children!
    But I will always remember that Freedom isn't free!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I feel like such a goof because every time I hear the Proud to be an American song, I cry. It's ridiculous but that song gives me major chills and makes me SO proud!

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a heartfelt post - my cuz just returned after spending a year in Iraq. We are very proud of him. BTW, after a recent diagnosis, I am unfortunately soon to join you on the non-fun restricted food diet :-( Goodbye heaping spoonful of spags and luscious pizza...

    ReplyDelete
  26. It would be a good thing to remember these things more than just one weekend a year. We do have a lot to be grateful for.

    Found you via Cheeseboy...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post! So true. :)
    I hope you had a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...