"A true friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg even though he knows you are slightly cracked" ~ Bernard MeltzerIsn't that quote the truth?? One of the things I love most about my friends is that they know me for who I truly am and they still love and support me. Even with all of my imperfections, they accept me. And throughout the inevitable ups and downs that life throws our way, it is always easier to endure with a good friend by our side.
Whether its calling to share my latest shopping treasure with them, or because I need a shoulder to cry on, I know they're there. Only my girlfriends can have full conversations with me without every saying a word!! Girlfriends just GET each other! I've been so fortunate in life to have an awesome group of friends, and I'm excited to celebrate that!
In 1999, Kappa Delta Sorority created National Women's Friendship Day, and in 2009 the celebration was expanded to the entire month of September. In 2010, it is expanding to International Women's Friendship Month, the celebration offers all women the opportunity to honor their special friends. (source http://nwfd.kappadelta.org)
So this month I'm excited to be a part of an amazing group of women that is celebrating Friends You Love for the entire month of September. All month long, we will be celebrating and hosting events, contests, reviews, giveaways, and twitter parties all in the name of friendship!! It's going to be a BLAST!! I hope you guys will join in on the friend, maybe snag some prizes and a new friend or two!!











I love that quote! I almost put that one up too! SO excited to be getting to know you through FYL.
ReplyDeleteAwww... I love it - I can't wait to see more and yes, girlfriends are the BOMB for sure! Big hugs my "friend" - xoxoxo :o)
ReplyDeleteFriendship isn't about who you've known the longest. It's about who came and never left your side....
ReplyDeletelove that quote.
A first, I had the Golden Girls theme running thru my head, but then I read the 1st paragraph. Now I have, "I love you just the way you are...." Gotta love Billy Joel!
ReplyDeleteShall I bring the Fun Dip? Or will you...
ReplyDeleteI've had "People let me tell you 'bout my best friend" song stuck in my head since yesterday lol! So excited about this!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to be doing this with you!! =)
ReplyDelete*Big loud smoochy air kisses* to you!
Such a true quote. <3
ReplyDeleteI love this! What a fun idea, Alicia.
ReplyDeleteI love it :) there is nothing in the world better than a good girlfriend!!!
ReplyDeleteSeptember is a month of memories for me, and remembering all the girlfriends in my life over time is a great way to honor them, as I connect with new ones in the here and now! :> Cracked eggs and all!
ReplyDeleteI too have the Golden Girls song running in my head now. Its a nice change from the Wonder Pets theme song! Thank YOU for always being my goto gal for fashion emergencies, for keeping us in stitches and reminding me often that happiness is important and I do deserve it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great quote.
ReplyDeleteOMGosh!! That quote is absolutely true!!!
ReplyDeleteYou..Q you have been a dear invisible friend to me and I treasure that so much! Thank you!!
Can't wait to see what's in store....yay for girlfriends
ReplyDeleteAwww!! I love my friends, too. I also love that you reminded me of The Golden Girls song. I watched that show all the time growing up! "Thank you for being a friend, traveling down the road and back again, your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidante. And if you threw a party, invited everyone everyone you knew, you would see the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say- thank you for being a frieeeeeeeeeeend!!!" Thanks, I had to get that out. I see "That One Mom" thought of the same song!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I adopted you! You are such an inspiring Mama! This month will be perfect!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Yay for all the friends on blogs!
ReplyDeleteThis month is going to rock!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally singing the Golden Girls theme song right now!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea and I'm glad I can call you my friend! I can right?
Girlfriends are the best!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like it's going to be so much fun! I can't wait to see all the posts!
ReplyDeleteAnd yep I LOVE my girlfriends and my blogging friends....even the ones who like the Colts HAHA!!! Just playin!