Tuesday, October 4, 2011

You know you're an over protective parent when...

...you leave your babysitter an instruction manual and pop quiz her

...you bubble wrap your kids before they go outside

Or in my case, you know you're an over protective parent when you check your daughter's POOP for tapeworms. Yes. You read that right. But I swear there's a perfectly valid reason why I would stick my face eye level to a piece of doo-doo butter.

Backtrack to a few weeks ago when we brought home our adorable new puppy, Lola. The kids were so excited...they couldn't stop snuggling her, playing with her, and were loving every minute of being smothered with puppy kisses. Then the unthinkable happened....our sweet little Lola had WORMS. Well, just one teeny itty bitty worm, but that was enough for me! I put her infested bum on lock down until I could get her to the vet. I can't even think about seeing that wretched little worm without dry heaving. Blech.
{So cute....yet so so so gross.}

A little medication and a whole lot of freaking the heck out few days in quarantine and I was ready to release her back into the house again...but I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!! I know she doesn't have them anymore but I'm TERRIFIED that somehow my kids contracted one. It's crazy, or so I've been told, but I can't help it. I'm a worrier. That's what I do. And let me just tell you that full fledged tapeworm paranoia had taken over.

But as I found myself gazing into my toilet and examining a fresh loaf I realized that maybe....just maybe....its time to pull in the reins and chill a little bit.

Oh, and you'll be happy to know that Little Miss Presley is tapeworm free. I know you were all so worried.

7 comments:

  1. The things we do for love!

    I once had to search poop for a penny that had been swallowed! GROSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew. glad she is worm free. you nut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks goodness you are all worm free now......

    I would have been the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yuck! worms give me the heeeebie jeeeebies.

    your little chiweenie is sooo cute. i use to tuck Coco's ears down when she was little so they would not be stick'em up ears. i am so glad, because her ears are huge and she would be looking sooo ridiculous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would probably be the same way...I would be worse if the dog had flees or something...I'm petrified of dogs with flees! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my heck your new pup is adorable! i love her face. and you know you are one protective mama when you get eye lever for some doo doo detective work. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dog had tapeworms too. I also freaked out 100%! I thought it was gross, thought all of us were going to contract them...yada, yada, yada...then I finally Googled it and most websites said we would not contract them. Still, until I knew our dog was 100% worm free, I couldn't help but look for signs of worms everywhere! You are NOT alone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...