a special favor, mercy, or benefit: the blessings of liberty.
3.
a favor or gift bestowed by God, thereby bringing happiness.
4.
the invoking of God's favor upon a person: The son was denied his father's blessing.
5.
praise; devotion; worship, esp. grace said before a meal: The children took turns reciting the blessing.
Lately I have just been f eelingso immensely blessed. 6 years ago I never would have pictured myself as mother of 3 and wife of 1. It was never in my plan. How humbling it is to see Heavenly Father's plan for me. Sometimes it all seems so surreal. Sometimes I almost forget I am a mother, then I hear them laugh in the next room, or they come and ask me for help and look at me with those curious eyes. It's times like those that I realize what a blessing it is to have them and to be trusted with such tender spirits. Teaching them has been the biggest learning experience for me. I love the quote "While we are trying to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about."
That's just so true. It's amazing how much you learn about yourself when you're trying to teach another. I guess I'm just sentimental with Mother's Day around the bend. It's been a crazy journey the last five years. I've learned how to be the mama bear and protect my cubs. I've learned how to assemble a train track in 2 minutes flat. I've learned not to take their sloppy drool kisses for granted. I really have learned so much and I'm so grateful, and am trulytruly blessed. I hope my children know how much I love them, I'd be lost without them. It gives me so much joy to see them grow, but it's hard to see their childhood slowly drifting by. I don't think I'll ever be ready for them to grow up. "Childhood is the most beautiful of all seasons." To all the Mother's who come across this, Happy Mother's Day!
The days go so fast and we (mothers) are always trying to get to the next activity on time. It's about stopping to smell the flowers. I always try to enjoy every moment. Thanks for your post. I feel very blessed for my two angels that save me every day.
The days go so fast and we (mothers) are always trying to get to the next activity on time. It's about stopping to smell the flowers. I always try to enjoy every moment. Thanks for your post. I feel very blessed for my two angels that save me every day.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet post, and LOVE the pics of the kids. You do GREAT work! :) Happy Mother's Day!!
ReplyDelete