I hate my hair.
Correction. I HAAAAAAATE my hair.
The other day I was telling Frenchie how it takes me 2 hours to straighten my hair. No joke. I've got a mop fools. Straight horse tail on this head of mine. Thick, unruly, and TONS of it! And to make things worse, my hair is CURLY. Well Frenchie didn't believe me, so I told her I would wear my hair ALL NATURAL for a whole day just to show her my massive fro and how it friggin grows like a chia pet on crack throughout the day...Luckily for you guys I took a ton of completely unflattering pics (kinda hard to see the curls since my hair is so dark, but I tried)...Without further adieu, I present to you...
A day in the life of my fro...
{On the way to school....see...slowly growing}
{Lunchtime! The curls are multiplying like rabbits on my dome! Blah...}
{BEDTIME! No joke. This is my hair if I were to just leave it all natural.}And that ladies and gentleman is why my flat iron is my bff and why those 2 painstaking hours of straightening this beast are SO FRIGGIN' WORTH IT! It'd be different if it were the 80s....I'd tease the crap out of these locks and flippin WORK IT!! Buuuuut it's not the 80s and people looked at me weird all day....so tomorrow if you need me I'll be having a hot date with my biosilk and my flat iron.














Hahahaha! I think I just wee'd a little bit! I didn't actually believe you until the bedtime shot! GOLD! You would have been the envy of all those perm crazy girls back in the 80s fo shiz!
ReplyDeleteMy cousin recently stayed with us and she has similar hair... the GHD is her best friend! She describes it, on a la naturale day, as the wild woman from Borneo look.
You know, with my "baby fine" locks, I grew up incredibly envious of folks like you...you're not REALLY gonna cut if off, are ya?
ReplyDeleteWinter Cargo
HA HA HA - I think you are beautiful no matter what hair you are sportin girl! The flat iron is my bff too and I don't have curly and unruly hair - unfortunately, mine is just baby fine - *sigh* Thanks for sharing these funny picts but PLEASE don't pull a Brittney Spears and shave your head! :o) xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteOh sweet friend, I will post one day about my hair. I have the same problem except I have tight kinky curls but it is a hot mess and takes me foooooooorever to straighten my hair.
ReplyDeleteDudette, you and your curly hair are gorgeous! (Obviously, I have straight, boring hair.) I weep, because I want your hair!
ReplyDeletelol same prob here and since my new style i need to buy that iron soon or my style will be out of the house....looks horrible though i blow dry, it doesnt quite come good...sigh
ReplyDeleteI feel ya girl! Not only do I have to spend a minimum 2 hours getting the kinks out of my mane, but I also have to spend million dollars a year on products to weight that shit down!! And now I have passed that curse on to my poor son :(
ReplyDeleteI always laugh when people say that they want curly hair, give em 10 minutes with the beast and they'll change their minds!!
Wow your hair actually expands during the day. It's like a universe on micro scale! (You know you had that coming right, with a post like this? I just had to crack a joke since everyone else already complimented you! Meh, you can handle it.) ;)
ReplyDeleteUmm I was gonna say "the grass is always greener, honey" until I saw the bedtime shot--are you sure you didn't fluff it a bit for the camera LOL!! I still think it's pretty and would trade you for my straight locks!
ReplyDeleteIt might be a lot of hair, but it works on you!
ReplyDeleteI think you're hair is lovely. Honestly everyone has a thing about there hair, I don't think I know anyone who doesn't wish there hair to be slightly different :)
ReplyDeleteSE x
rofl..mine would be the same if I tried..but I am too scared to let it loose for a day! :p. I have awarded you a Blogie Alicia :) thanks for making me laugh :)
ReplyDeleteomg it's out of control!!!!! Hahahaha If my hair was crazy like that I would totally wear a pony everyday, but your still a super hot mama so I wouldn't worry toooooo much!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow! That is a LOT of hair! It does grow! I'm sitting here amazed.
ReplyDeleteDoes Biosilk work to help keep the kinks un-kinked? Because my hair is nowhere near as curly as your hair (except in the very back of my head where it's super curly) and I need something to keep the frizz away and to keep it straight.
I think you look pretty with curls...well the early in the day curls :) Do you ever try to use a diffuser and products for curly hair rather than straightening it or leaving it completely natural?
ReplyDeleteMy hair is shorter, so curls up MORE! I totally do have a fro!!!! That's why I wear it up most of the time. When friends "catch me", they are so awed by my poodle curled fro they have to ooooh and ahhh over it and feel it and tell me lies like how much they love it.
ReplyDeleteThey just like to make fun of me, lol!!!!
I am so laughing at you and your crazy poofy hair! Hahahaha oh wait! why am i laughing?! i have the same damn hair! WTF?! Why can't it just behave?! i mean, I want to be naughty, but I don't want my hair to be. And mine's worse! It's red, so when it does it's big fluffy afro thing, i look like Bozo, or worse Carrot top! Ugh! hair, you can't live with it, but i certainly don't want to be without it!
ReplyDeleteLove it!! It reminds me of that episode of Friends when they're all in the humidity and Monica's hair grow's throughout the day.
ReplyDeleteSo... here's the thing. I have always wanted curls... big hair. So I am very serious when I say I love your hair. I think it looks fab. Is there any way we could trade? I'd be up for it...
ReplyDeleteOh, honey! Mine looks like that at the beginning of the day! Hahahaha. I have to straighten mine too and it takes FORever.
ReplyDeleteok. so. you are completely GORGEOUS with both curly and straight hair. truly. a beauty. But, I know exactly how you feel, my hair in exactly the same way, and it takes forever to straighten, but I love it so much more straight, and once its straight I don't have to touch it again for a few days....if I ever even contemplate leaving it curly... then the next day its back to washing and straighten, anyway lol. you look lovely and I am sure your kiddies love the "lions mane" ;)
ReplyDeleteHave a great day beautiful!!! Enjoy the rain....causing hair disasters LOL ;)
haha!!!! wow!! ok i thought you were teasing us a bit but yea it sure does grow..aren't you glad we have flat irons :] it use to take me 2 hours to get my hair straight untill i cut it into a bob now it only takes 45 minutes if that :]
ReplyDeleteDUDE!!!! i don't know that i even have to tell you this...but i feaking LOVE your hair!!!! the bigger the hair...the happier the gal!!! that is what i always say...so i say work it!!! and when i get out there, there has to be at least one day i get to see this action!!!! freaking LOVE IT!!!! you are one hot bum mama!
ReplyDeletewow. all i gotta say is wow. that is some serious hair, but having stick straight, super fine hair, i find myself being jealous. but just for a minute.
ReplyDeletei'm glad you take the time to tame your mane so you don't have to go all britney spears on us and shave your head!! ha!
ReplyDeletei actually really like all your hair! big curls and all! i love big hair! maybe i'm too 80's ;)
my hair is so flat, i don't even have to straighten it.
OH MY HECK! You poor thing....
ReplyDeletelol...wow, we have the same type of hair.
ReplyDeleteMy hair is so freakin' curly, I can’t even get it fully straight half the time. After a couple of years of burning the heck out of my hair trying to straighten it I ended up just giving up. Now I just wake up & put a ton of mousse in it to form the darn curls. It's still huge but it's not unruly...gotta work with what I got :)
I would KILL for hair like yours! It's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteToo funny... I would kill... I've always wanted curly/wavy hair!
ReplyDeleteWe always want what we don't have....isn't that how it goes?!?
ReplyDeleteYou totally make Fro-wearin SEXAY... even bed head makes you hawt (in a TOTALLY NON CREEPY WAY! I know we just 'met' so I felt the need to clarifiy that)
Oh i think it looks nice as it naturally is!! :) x
ReplyDeletewowza woman!!! Or, holy HAIR!
ReplyDeleteOkay though, do you use product??? Because maybe you just need the right product to maintain those adorable curls in the beginning...
Or maybe you just need the straight iron. lol
I think it's hot!! I can understand the frustration with poofy hair, but I have the opposite. Doesn't do a damn thing, just sits flat on my head all the time!
ReplyDeleteI completely understand! I have thick, curly, coarse hair. I would always wear it up in high school but it would sour sine it took all day to dry. So I chopped all of it off. I keep it short so I don't have to spend hours straightening it or dealing with the frizz from hell. Hope you find some peace with your hair. ;)
ReplyDeleteHello from SITS!
Hey, I was at a wedding this weekend and the stylist was telling one of us about a hair treatment that would "change our lives"...you get it every six months and it tames your thick hair to make it easier to straighten. That way you don't have to spend mucho time in the am working on it!!! Now if only I could remember the name of this treatment...
ReplyDeleteYou are still beautiful regardless. Just thought you may like knowing that your life could get a bit easier.. :))
It would have fit in perfectly in the 90's. I hope you rocked it then! :)
ReplyDeleteWe have THE SAME HAIR!!!! I want to throat chop EVERYONE that ever tells me curly looks good! It is the impossible fro! And in addition to the year it take to straighten, I have to add another year to blowdry it!!! I feel your pain, sista!
ReplyDeletewoman! that is some meeean hair. two hours just to get it strait? gah.. i'd die. you are fantastic for doing it. i, on the other hand, would totally rock the waves. a. because i'm lazy and b. because they rock. don't let people fool you. they are just jealous.
ReplyDeleteK so for the first few pics, i was thinking "nahhh that ain't bad" and then i saw the last pic....FLIPPIN LOVE YOUR LIONESS HAIR!!! And that face! bahahahahahaha!! You are too much. Big thanks to frenchie for challenging you to a day without the flat iron. Next skype date better include the mane....no rsvp needed.
ReplyDeleteI kinda like the wild hair! Mine is the same way. I have what i like to call 80's waves. I don't get pretty ringlets, but horrible perm like waves. Blech!
ReplyDeleteyou are hil-ar-i-ous! I mean it... you can make me laugh any time! love it, just ride that crazy wave of hair!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that hair could do that.
ReplyDeleteBut on the bright side, maybe 80's hair will come back into style again.
OH MY GOD!!! TOOOOOO FUNNY! I have tears in my eyes, seriously. I will say that because I have pin straight, won't hold a curl hair, I LOVE the waves and curls. I know you must get sick of it, the same way I get sick of mine. I spend 60 minutes CURLING mine with a spiral rod...for VERY fancy events.
ReplyDeleteThat last photo is AWESOME. Please frame it for your man's bedside table.
ReplyDeletedaaaaamn you've got a head of hair on you! and i think it is rad! big and beautiful! ha haha! 2 hours to flat iron it?!?!? no way could i handle that! i'd be on the prowl for taming products, but something tells me you have probably been there/done that!
ReplyDeleteHey...they say that the 80s are coming back sistah! I think you will be rocking that mane soon and lurving it!!
ReplyDeleteI personally think it's HAWT! Mine is sad and limp and lifeless.
Does it help if you just throw some product in there after the shower so it doesn't fro out? I have the opposite problem..my hair is so fine without an ounce of body that it plasters itself down on my head. I'd just call it fashion and roll with it!
ReplyDeletethat is unreal how much it changes over the course of a day!! I still think it looks great though!
ReplyDeleteI have the opposite problem. If I don't do anything with my hair it gets tinier, flatter, and stringier throughout the day until I look like I could be on a women's rogaine commercial.
ReplyDeleteIf it's any condolence, you're hair looks really, really awesome in the first couple pics!
You are still hot mama....you little lion you...grrrrrrrr
ReplyDeleteYou can't really be serious that it takes you two hours! Please NO!
ReplyDeleteYour hair is way rad! :)
ReplyDeleteOmg girl Im totally right there with you!!!!! I'm Italian, German, & Dominican which translates into hours & hours of straightening my hair. I have 1 straighener & then a backup straightener just in case. I've actually had them burn out on me mid-straightening. Yeah. LOL! Awesome pics. Us curly haired girls would have kicked some serious ass in the 80's!!! Cyndi Lauper would be taking tips from us! hehehe.
ReplyDeleteI share your mess, except I'm not curly.
ReplyDeleteMy redheaded BFF in Finland often compares my hair to that of a horse and likes to sift through my hair (not making this up), find the super coarse and kinky ones and rip them out of my head.
I hope you managed to tame the beast!
My hair hates me. It's thick and doesn't want to listen.
ReplyDeleteIn a way, I am jealous - especially of your early in the day pics. My hair doesn't know whether it wants to be curly or straight, and if it wants to be curly it does the half ass curl and annoys me. So I straighten....I feel for you. Not sure I could handle two hours of straightening!
ReplyDeleteWow, girl! That's impressive! Good thing you're gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteOkay I so didn't read through all the comments...friggin migraine that I have is preventing that!
ReplyDeleteBut have you ever heard of a Brazilian hair treatment? It Put Keratin in your hair and straightens it with really high heat? OMG it. is. awesome! I had it done because mine is the same way...and it was PERFECT!! Especially during the summer when it's so needed!
Oh my goodness you crack me UP, girl! I had no idea you had curly hair! That's awesome - "like a chia pet on crack" - you just kill me. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought my curls were bad! Whew! I'm sorry man, I will never complain about the 30 mins. I spend straightening mine.
ReplyDeleteBelieve it or not...I'm worse.
ReplyDeleteI like to call it the burnt Q-Tip look. Considering that I haven't cut it since oh last February - let your imagination run wild.
xx
Cristina
My hair is the EXACT same way! Except a couple shades lighter. When I straightened my hair, it took me at least 90 minutes, if not the full 2 hours. Yup, I feel your pain.
ReplyDeleteWhich is why I gave up. I wear it curly. When it's freshly cut and layered, I can wear it down with a ton of product, but now, I'm almost 4 months out from my last cut, and it's in a pony tail or messy bun most of the time.
P.S. Don't you wish it would stay in that wet, just-outta-the-shower look ALL DAY???? I love my hair when I'm 5 minutes outta the shower. *sigh* Those dreamy beach waves/curls.
ReplyDeleteLady luv...we ARE twins i kid you not :)
ReplyDeleteThis is my hair before the flat-iron. I hate it with a passion and so is why i refuse to let it be the fro that it is. You can rock it...i can not!!! I will say that the products, shampoo & conditioners you use all effect the way your hair can and will be styled. Want some pointers to get it ohhhh so straight...just email :)
check this out! dana's hair always looks gorgeous. maybe you can learn to embrace your gorgeous hair.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mamalogues.com/2009/10/mrs-strangelove-or-how-i-learn.html
JAJAJAJAJA OMGG I laughed so hard when I read chiapet on crack I spit on my laptop!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG gross. Anywayyy it is NOT THAT BADDDDD!!!!
Work it gurl :)
have you unblocked me or what woman??? or should i say medusa...why do i even leave a comment? you know your hair and i are like bff. we do go out for drinks sometimes when you fall asleep with JF.
ReplyDeletelove.u.lots.and more.
I would kill for some of the body you have. I have a ton of hair every one which is pin straight.
ReplyDeleteI guess we all what we don't have. :)
I LOVE this post!!! I want your hair though...mine is so thin and fine :/
ReplyDeletexx
I love the lovely hair, even curly! You're super lucky you can wear it both ways!
ReplyDelete