Anytrainwreck, back to iCarly...I can't stand that dang show! But Mason LOOOVES it! I just don't get it. And don't even get me started on all those other namby pamby Disney shows...At the risk of sounding old, I have to say that they just don't make TV shows like they used to anymore. We had the BEST shows growing up!
Whatever happened to shows like...
Clarissa Explains It All
Salute Your Shorts
{Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts and when we think about you, it makes us want to FART!}
Hey Dude
{Hippy-ti-yi-ya....Get along little doggies}
Ghostwriter
{They solved mysteries with the help of a GHOST! So gangster!}
{Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts and when we think about you, it makes us want to FART!}Hey Dude
{Hippy-ti-yi-ya....Get along little doggies}Ghostwriter
{They solved mysteries with the help of a GHOST! So gangster!}Now those were some quality shows! I could go on for ages...Secret World of Alex Mac! Legends of the Hidden Temple! Wild & Crazy kids! SEE! So much better than the crap we have on today... I guess things could be worse, its not like I'm watching BARNEY!













Oh dear the summer is almost over & school will be back in session. I hate Icarly. The shows are sooooo different than what we had!! I LOVED Hey dude & Salute your shorts! I always wanted to be a a silver barracuda on Legends of the hidden temple! hehe. They used to be so good! Maybe Icarly is a phase of Mason that he'll grow out of! Good luck sweetie!
ReplyDeletehahah I loved all of those! especially the first 3! I was so jealous of the ladder to, but I think it put the idea in my head to get a fire ladder for my bedroom window in high school lol
ReplyDeleteOMG, Barney! That ish is the worst! Terrible! My sister (10 years younger) loved that shit. It was my worst nightmare.
ReplyDeleteI freaking LOVED Salute Your Shorts! Everytime Logan asks for a waffle, I think "Awful Waffle!"
ReplyDeleteI LOVED Clarissa Explains it all and Salute Your Shorts! I wonder if they have those on DVD???
ReplyDeleteThey don't make quality tv like they use to anymore.
Holy Crap! I loved those shows. I can't even remember how many hours I spent watching that. I actually don't mind Icarly.... the one I hate is the Suite Life of Zak and Cody. Someone kill me now. ~ Steph
ReplyDeletebethebutterflies.blogspot.com
I know!!! alll the good shows are gone!
ReplyDeleteThe only one I have heard of is Ghost Writer? Does that make me young, or old?
ReplyDeleteSeriously, way to make me feel old. The only one of these shows I've heard of is "Clarissa Explains it All", which I thought was STUPID. Good programming was Growing Pains, Family Ties, Perfect Strangers, and Full House! All before cable programming was main stream! P.S. I heart iCarly. I think it's great! It's that DiGrassi crap that has gotta go.
ReplyDeleteiCarly is on all the time here, too. And I don't mind it because I grew up with Jerry Trainor.
ReplyDeleteWhat was that one show where you got slimed? It was a Canadian show. Anytime they said I Don't Know they got slimed.
I also was buddies with Eric MacArthur from Hey Dude in college. That was like his claim to fame! LOL
I LOVED Hey Dude! Nice choices. :)
ReplyDeleteO.M.G.
ReplyDeleteHave I told you lately that I love you? These were my absolute favorites! I would LIVE for ghostwriter. I never had the channel and my teacher would tape the episodes for class.
I HATED that Charisma chic on Hey Dude. But looooooooved danny!
I loved all of those shows!!! I can't even express how much! lol When is nick at nite going to start showing these shows?
ReplyDeleteYou are so young. Your shows as a youngster seem so recent to me! LOL
ReplyDeleteDid I seriously just use the word youngster? Geez, am I my grandmother?
ReplyDeleteGirl next time they tell you they're bored, hand 'em a tooth brush and a bottle of 409 and tell 'em they can clean the garage floor!
ReplyDeleteThey wont be bored anymore! haha!
I LOVED them shows!!
ReplyDeleteI also HATE iCarly and my nephew loves it!
Barney was the shit :) haha...I once had a barney themed birthday party :)
I completelt agree....Disney makes me want to rip my eyeballs out, like seriously how much cornier can these kids get.
ReplyDelete90's shows were the best.
I LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEDDDDDDD these shows!!! Especially Clarissa Explains It All (I was totally obsessed with her and so wanted a boy best friend to climb in my window) and Hey Dude (which was filmed in Tucson... just about half a mile from where I grew up! I always wanted to try and sneak on to the set.)
ReplyDeleteOh my gawd! I used to LOVE the show Ghost Writer. I have not thought about it in years.
ReplyDeleteOMG - I must be a lot older than you as the only show I even recognize is Barney and I didn't even let my daughter watch it much when she was growing up cause he drove me NUTS! BWAHHHHHAAA!!!! I was thinking more along the lines of The Cosby Show, Andy Griffith, Full House - you know, those kinds of "oldies" - HA! Hope you and the kiddos survive the rest of the summer together! LOL
ReplyDeleteHa! it's like your inside my head! lol. Ughhh These shows now a days are soo wack! I love all the shows you mentioned and I'm in shock you wrote GhostWriter. I thought I was the only person in the world who watched it. lol
ReplyDeleteGhostwriter! Oh, how I adored that show.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favored Disney shows was "So Weird" until they swapped the main girl for some tarty blonde who was trying to launch a singing career.
As if we wouldn't notice! It's not like switching Dick York and Dick Sargent, people. Apples and oranges!
Also, "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" was one of my favorites.
thankfully Greg ain't much into Barney and since we decide which DVDs to show him (TV is crap) there is some control going on!
ReplyDeleteI can't stand that ICarly show either...maybe I just don't get the shows these days? Like what is up with that Yo Gabba Gabba? WTH?? Good thing my kids hate it too!
ReplyDeleteMy age is showing, I don't remember ANY of those!! We had Fraggle Rock, Kids Incorporated, Smurfs, and She-Ra :)
ReplyDeleteI must be in the minority because I love icarly. My son is 6 and he really digs her. :) I also liked Drake and Josh and Hannah Montana.
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of all the shows you liked. I'm 35. Guess I'm old. We didn't have those cable channels when I was growing up. My favs were Growing Pains, Family Ties, Cosby Show, Night Court etc.
When I was really little I had Sesame Street and The Electric Company, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, and Captain Kangaroo : )
nikki
thehousewifechronicles.net
I didn't know that my boy knew the word bored....but he told us that he was boring. and when I tried to correct him and saw he was bored, he got made and said NO..I'M BORING!
ReplyDeleteOkay...you don't have to tell me twice.
Okay...so I only got three hours of sleep last night and I meant SAY instead of saw and MAD not made.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to take a nap now.
ZOMG. You are my new favorite. I was a Nickelodeon kid too and my fave show was Hey Dude!!!
ReplyDeleteI totally forgot about Hey Dude. I used to watch that show religiously. What ever happened to it? My son will be two in August and he loves iCarly. I'm not sure he understands what is going on in the show, but he doesn't like cartoons. He will only watch shows that have real people in them, like iCarly or the Fresh Beat Band. He has no idea who Buzz Lightyear or Lightening McQueen are.
ReplyDeleteI totally watched Hey Dude and Clarissa. Good shows.
ReplyDeleteiCarly, not so much. I make my kids watch it upstairs. No way am I going to endure it.
So does it make you feel better or worse when I tell you that I only have heard of one of those shows...but I've never watched it?
ReplyDeleteMy seven year old LOVES, LOVESLOVES iCarly. I don't get it.
ReplyDeleteI use to watch every single one of those shows. I wanted to be Clarissa.
ReplyDeletesoo true i hate the stuff my cousins watch and the fact they always want me to watch with them! i'll be so glad come september back to having the house and tv to myself
ReplyDelete