I've always been candid with the struggles our Boogie faces. We've had amazing doctors and therapists along the way and we've seen tremendous progress. He is a happy, loving, carefree little boy and everyone that meets him is just smitten with him. But...I knew there was something wrong. We've known for some time that he has sensory integration disorder as well as oral motor issues and developmental delays. We've been pro-active on getting him the help he needs. But...I just knew there was something more.
Call it a gut feeling, mother's intuition, a spiritual prompting...whatever...but I had it. Nagging at the back of my mind, unwilling to be stifled. I was beginning to feel like the crazy mom that takes their child to the doctor every time they fart the wrong way. I was afraid they would brush me off....but we took him back to the doctor anyway. I had to know if there was something more, something we were missing.
Observations were made, tests were done, and finally....finally....the answers are coming in. There was, or should I say IS, indeed something more. Something we were missing. We've yet to get back all of the lab results but we have a starting point. Some of the results we have gotten back so far have given us a lot of the information we were missing. Hopefully the rest of the results come back by next week. The pieces are starting to come together and I can finally breathe a sigh of relief.
The last 3 weeks have been filled with stress, tears, worry, and more stress. I am beyond ready to move on and move forward.
So now that life is settling down and we're able to get all of our chillins and babies the things they need, we can get back to basics around here!! So let me begin by saying
YOU GUYS ROCK!!
Thanks for all the comments, emails, tweets, and love you've all sent. I can't wait to get back into the swing of posting and catching up with you. AND since we've got some new friends reading I've decided to do a little giveaway and post up a little summin summin for you guys! Check back later this week for that! Until then...
HAPPY MONDAY AMIGOS!!
I'm off to go spend President's Day by doing my part to stimulate the economy :)
I'm off to go spend President's Day by doing my part to stimulate the economy :)











Ugh, Big mommy hug chica. So glad you guys are getting the answers you were looking for. Thank goodness for mommies that are wiling to be a little "crazy" in the name of their babies. He is lucky to have you.
ReplyDeleteI haven't been here in so long and it sounds like I've picked a heckuva time to come back for a visit. I hope everything turns out well. I'm glad you're finally getting the answers you want. Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to have you back...happy and healthy hugs your way!
ReplyDeleteFunny...this is only my second visit...but I did notice the radio silence after your last post. Glad you are well and heading in a positive direction.
ReplyDeletei can vouch as being one of the many that has been smitten by the boogs. he's just the sweetest! i hope everything turns out well. sending you lots of positive thoughts and wishes!
ReplyDeleteMissin you around these here parts. Sending hugs (and cheese) your way!
ReplyDeleteAw, I've missed you lady, and I'm sorry to hear your absence was nothing but stress and worry. :( That hurts my heart, and I hope Boogie is doing ok and getting what he needs to be the lil rockstar that he is!
ReplyDelete*hugs*
I really hope that you get nothing but progress and answers from here on out!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're getting some answers!! Love you, Mama!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm probably gonna book our hotel room before the month ends!
Well... Now I feel like crap! Ive been so wrapped up in my own stupid life Ive totally NOT been there for you!! Geez. Im sorry. Lets chat later ok?
ReplyDeleteMoms somehow always know! I'm so glad you're finally getting the answers you were looking for! Hopefully now you can deal with the issues and move forward with far less stress. Thinking of you!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you are getting the answers you knew were there. I hope everything is ok with your little man. xoxo
ReplyDeleteProps to you for not dismissing your mother's intuition. Glad to hear the Doctors finally caught on too! Good luck with everything and most importantly, I'm hoping that Levi will get the help he needs.
ReplyDeleteIt's no WONDER you've been running! It's one of the best stress relievers I know. I'm glad you are getting some new information. Hugs to all of you.
ReplyDelete{{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDeleteHope everything turns out a-ok for the Boogs!! Big hug, you know I love you!!
ReplyDelete♥
So happy to hear you are getting results finally... You made me "LOL" on the "take their kids to the doc every time they fart the wrong way" BAHAHA. Love your blog :)
ReplyDeletevery beautiful blog! In this blog my first visit, its all post are surprise-able for me ! Any of them is a treat...so good! Thank you for sharing this. I can't wait to visit more of your blog. keep it in future
ReplyDelete((HUGS)))!!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are making sense with your little man. Sooo hard being frustrated and answerless. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteOkay so I am like way late in commenting on this...shoot me k?
ReplyDeleteI was wondering what was going on with all this! I hope all is going well! And don't forget to send me your addy....I got some super cute HK stuff for the Princess!!!
Coming out- I found your blog somehow through a friend of a friend etc, etc. And I have thought you are so funny! But this post inspired me to come out and formally follow you. My son has been struggling from the day he was born, only you know how this feels to know your child is in some kind of distress but you nor him cannot explain why. Why he is crying (his baby blanket feels like sand paper to him), why it is hard to take a picture of him (flash's are horrible for him)why he is grunting instead of telling you what is wrong (he is so frustrated he can't speak), it is devastating. My son is beautiful and loving and spririted so whenever I tried telling someone about this they always told me I was over reacting and being sensitive. Like you, I was desperate to find answers and none came until he entered kindergarten. I was lucky enough to meet his teacher, a mom to an SPD kid, she became my angel and my sounding board and she directed me in the right direction. Two years later, we have visited many, many doctors and all of them have a different opinion. He has SPD and is very high functioning ASD. I have gone through a range of emotions thinking about his future and his present, I have felt grief and pain for him, my perfect wonderful child. But through my faith, prayer and reading everything I can get my hands on, I am at peace. I will never label him, he is and always will be my Mr. Wyatt.
ReplyDeleteMany thoughts and prayers are coming your way.
Oh honey! I'm just now catching up on blog reading but I am so sorry you're going through this. I hope you get ALL the answers you need to help your precious boy very very soon.
ReplyDelete