Tuesday, February 1, 2011

You are my sunshine...

My only Sunshine!

Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln, can I just tell you how freakin' happy I am to look outside and see the SUN SHINING! Glorious!!

I was coming down with a bad case of the Winter blues, but this warm(er) weather has definitely been a pick me up today. I even went ahead and dusted off the ol' flip flops! My little tootsies can breathe again! And it looks like I'm not the only one who's had a little bit of cabin fever. The kids are DYING to play outside. Apparently trips to Target aren't 'fun' anymore....pffftt....So it looks like we'll be making some park trips this week.

But I have a confession...its kind of a big one. I'm not really a big fan of going to the park!! I'd rather stay home in the back yard and use the swing set for kids. Am I lazy or what? I know, mother of the year right here. But its true. I'm not crazy about chasing Little Miss Presley all over the play structure so she doesn't plunge 30 ft to the ground....I don't exactly love pushing Boogie in the swings until my arms are going to fall off. I'M HORRIBLE! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to see my kids have fun....but...I know...Hey, I still take them, and at least I'm honest about it. I still think Target is way more fun though. Plus they have popcorn at Target....BONUS!

Have an awesome week amigos!! I'm off to go bask in the sunlight!!

And go to the park...



14 comments:

  1. LOL. Target is way more fun than the park! :) We are so ready for spring here.... awesome temps this past weekend were just a tease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you know I love Target way more than the park. Jackson would totally agree. lol I hear ya though I have the same "please don't fall" thoughts chasing Jackson around the park. lol Enjoy that sunshine. It's raining here so soak some up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want a target next door to my place. it's in harlem. poop.

    oh and that sunshine, send it over here.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lets just say when we go to the park we stay a max of 20 mins and longer only ifsomeone is along to do the running and pushing hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so incredibly cold where we live that the park has been permanently closed for the last 4 months (according to me anyway) The kids idea of a good time is shoveling the driveway for the umpteenth time or playing a the kids play area at the mall (how sad!)
    I too prefer the kids to play in the backyard instead of the playground. That way I don't have to worry about them fleeing, being abducted, falling on their face, etc. You're not lazy, you're practical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the sunshine! I am totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. isn't that why swing sets were invented? And girl, you have no idea about winter :'( we are getting a blizzard as I type :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It makes such a HUGE difference when the sun comes out to play!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost feel bad enjoying the sun knowing all the mid-west/east coasters are getting slammed with crazy weather. Almost. That fog was depressing the heck out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are lucky chica. I am in 9 degree weather right now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. True confession. Grandma doesn't like going to the park either! We're a couple-o-smart-cookies, period.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a fan of the park either. I force myself to go but I'm never thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I avoided the parks with swings when I had kids too little to swing themselves. I didn't go to the park to work, I went FOR A BREAK! Seriously.

    Annnnnnd. I didn't spend hundreds on a playset for my yard for nothing! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...