Thursday, July 14, 2011

Who wants to know??? You do!

Yo yo yo amigos! I thought I'd switch things up a little bit and participate in a linky today. It works out perfect since I'm too lazy to think of anything on my own, and I just know you're on the edge of your seat waiting to know more about me. You lucky beasts. So I present to you...courtesy of the one and only Mamarazzi...

We want to know!

Photobucket


1. Which activities make you lose track of time?

Doing intensive online research...and by research I mean reading CELEBRITY GOSSIP! I love a good train wreck! And watching episodes of Arrested Development. I could seriously watch it all day long. In fact, I think I will.

2. Is there such a thing as perfect?

Umm...have we met? It's part of the requirements to be in this family. My offspring are my definition of perfect. I see perfection in their smiles, their belly laughs, their shining eyes, and their dimpled cheeks. But then again I also see perfection in an iced cold Red Bull...sooo...I may not be that easy to impress.

3. When do you feel most like yourself?

I feel most like myself when I'm in my comfy clothes snuggled up on the couch while my little hooligans wrestle on the floor, Little Miss Presley doing gymnastics on the couch, the pups curled up at my feet, and my Hubs with the TV turned on way too loud to try and hear over the kids war cries. It's like the stars are in alignment and I can literally just let my hair down. Those moments are the best part of my day. They're loud and hectic and someone always ends up bleeding. And I LOVE it. The craziness, not the blood.

4. Describe your life in a 6 word sentence.

"Wait until your Dad gets home!"

5. Share one of your most beloved childhood memories.

Oh man...this is a tough one. My childhood was, well, different. And to top it off we were a military family who was always on the move. One of my favorite memories is after my parents divorced. I was about 5 years old and I lived with my mom in a tiny apartment in the ghetto, literally a country away from my dad and brothers. It was a hard time, but she always had a way of making the most of it. Looking back I realize how tough this must have been on her, yet she always did her best to give me great experiences. Like this one...We used to lay on the floor of our barren apartment, huddled around our tape player (one of our few possessions) and sing at the top of our lungs to the Beach Boys song "Kokomo". We'd sing it for what seemed like hours. Just rewinding and playing again. It was nothing extravagant, it was nothing crazy, it was just a tender moment between mother and daughter that money could never buy.

Holy crap. Stop making me emotional before I start crying the ugly cry and bust out the old cassette player!

I need to go call my mom now!


Have a wonderful Thursday my friends.....I'd better go medicate tend to my children of the corn before they start revolting!


Keep it gangster!



11 comments:

  1. I was going to watch the first Season of Arrested Development on our road trip, but our DVD player broke! Boooo. I need to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this SO much!!!! I've always hearted you to the fullest...but seeing some of the things about your life that were not easy but made you who you are - AWESOME - is nice to hear about. I love, love, love YOU!!!!

    Love, Meli
    www.melifaif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wait Until Your Dad Gets Home" - ha ha, love it!

    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love You! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the kokomo singing thing. I think those sorts of memories are the best. Some parents try way too hard (ahem, me, ahem) sometimes, and really it's not which amusement parks you wnet to, it's moments like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this and what a sweet and precious memory of you and your mom! Have a great rest of the night sweetie! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL intensive research...funny. love your 6 word sentence, hilarious and your childhood memory made me tear up a little.

    isn't it crazy how as a parent we are able to see all of the things that our own parents sacrificed for us? and it is so true the little things, the time with our kids, is what they will remember. your story is proof of that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to make an already emotional wreck cry. lol I've heard about that apartment. And I know how hard that was on all of you. Love your Face. And BTW, I know you need arrested development, but GH is going to be a priority again. And *aghem* I'll need some space on that DVR...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can sum myself up in FIVE words!! "Wait til Dad finds out!"
    Nanny nanny boo boo doesn't count as words, does it?
    I think it's gonna say I'm anonymous. But I'm MiMi! Damnit! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. wait till dad gets home, priceless!! LOVED THIS. you always have something to say that will crack me up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved it. also. my six words would be something like: i don't know what time dad is coming home so faraskh skajosposh iffth pathssasis! <--- that's not greek. that's me sobbing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...