Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WWTK, the GLAM edition!!

Bust out your flat irons because its about to get glamorous up in this heezy! Mamarazzi is taking the lead this week and she wants to know all about your beauty regime (or lack there of in my case). So read on and link up for another fabulous edition of We Want To Know Wednesdays with Mamarazzi, Crazymama, and QUESO!


Photobucket

Here are these week's questions:


1. What is your "can't go without it" beauty product/cosmetic?
2. Do you apply make-up before or after doing your hair?
3. How would you describe your personal style?
4. How long goes it take you to get ready each day?
5. What is your one pamper, just for you, beauty splurge?

Let's get to it!


1. What is your "can't go without it" beauty product/cosmetic?

Here's the thing, if you look in my make-up bag ( I hesitate to even call it a bag), I only have 3 cosmetic items: eyeliner, mascara, and a spot concealer stick. Those are the ONLY things I use, and the spot concealer is only if a pesky blemish pops up. So if I had to choose out of the 3 I would say mascara!  Or my flat iron....I LOVE my flat iron!

2. Do you apply make-up before or after doing your hair?

After. Its the very last thing I do. And just as a side note, I CAN'T STAND the feeling of anything on my face. The thought of wearing concealer gives me a panic attack and don't even get me started on lip gloss...I can't even wear chapstick. Creeps me right out. It's au naturale for this girl. But don't worry, I shave my armpits.

3. How would you describe your personal style?

Umm...comfortable??  I guess I would describe it as hipster/edgy-ish? Basically skinny jeans, fun cardis, toms or chucks, and a lot of black, grey, and white with pops of color here and there. I love fun jewelry and having an awesome handbag is a MUST! Ok, all of that made no sense. Sorry, I tried! You'll just have to take my word for it that I dress awesome. HA!

4. How long goes it take you to get ready each day?

Depends on the day. If I have to straighten my hair (which I only straighten every 3 days) it takes me 2 hours. My hair alone takes me almost 2 hours to dry and straighten!! The joys of having thick curly hair! ARGH! If I don't have to straighten my hair then it takes me a half hour, shower included.

5. What is your one pamper, just for you, beauty splurge?

Honestly, I don't really have one. I don't dye my hair because I'm allergic to it. I haven't had a mani-pedi in over a year. I don't use expensive hair products. And I maybe spend $40 a year on make-up. Maybe.  I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to my beauty regime!

Ok, I've filled you guys in, so now its YOUR turn!! Link up amigos!

 All posts for We Want to Know should include:
1. The darling WWTK button
2. A link to your co hosts MamarazziQueso and Crazymama
Links must lead to WWTK posts that contain the WWTK button. Posts should lead to Family Friendly blogs. Blogs containing explicit language and/or sexually explicit content should contain an "adult content warning", or risk being removed from the link list. Kthanks!

16 comments:

  1. i swear you are my beauty twin...but i have a thin afro, that i can usually just blow out straight, no flat iron required. oh and i also described my style as comfortable AND my beauty splurge is hardly a splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see there are other low maintenance girls out there! I am one of them too! I have the same hair problem - thick curly hair so it takes me forever to dry and straighten it as well...which is why I rarely do it! Easier in the morning with a 4 year old to wash it, mousse it and tousle it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love skinny jeans too.

    Thanks for hosting. Great questions this week as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't do makeup either--mostly because I can't get it to look right. Death or blind hooker are not good looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was "blessed" with stick straight hair. How I would LOVE to have some curl!! And I usually only wear mascara and liner as well. I don't know the last time I put any kind of foundation or powder on!! But being allergic to coloring your hair?! Sad day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Your post is hilarious! I've never heard of someone gagging at the idea of wearing concealer or lip gloss - not a bad thing though, to not be a makeup addict. You must have great skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very comforting to read so many of these posts today and find out that a lot of my fellow bloggers are low-maintenance! Casual/comfort seems to be a running trend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you are low maintenance! I can't leave the house without mascara and at least chap stick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Low maintenance is the way to go! I can't stand the feeling lipstick on my lips either. In the winter I use carmex though because in this cold crappy weather they dry and crack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can't believe it takes you two hours to do your hair! that is insane.. i used to know that feeling when my hair was super long. it would take me at least an hour to blow dry and straighten my mane. craziness i tell you.

    1. What is your "can't go without it" beauty product/cosmetic? - depends on my mood. but i have to have my paul mitchell hair spray and a comb on hands at all times, my mascara (the kind i actually like) and some blush. if i have those things i'm good to go.

    2. Do you apply make-up before or after doing your hair? - depends on what i'm doing.. normally hair first then makeup.

    3. How would you describe your personal style? - girlie girl ALL the way. heels, dresses, dressy tops. every now and then i'll be a little more casual.

    4. How long goes it take you to get ready each day? - again depends on my mood. if i'm going for the lazy look then i'll throw my hair in a pony tail and no makeup so 5 mintes? if i'm getting ready, 10 minutes for straight hair, 10-15 for make up.

    5. What is your one pamper, just for you, beauty splurge? - my makeup. as a makeup artist i thrive on new products, bright colors, brushes, LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. the amount of money i spend on makeup every year is ridiculous..

    love you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. My hair is not curly and not straight...just enough of a wave in it to tick me off. And the older I get, the curlier it gets, so now I just feel like I'm fighting it all the time. My hair stylist was going to chemically straighten it for me, but I'm skeeered to do it... :-0

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm totally low maintenance too. I'm glad to know that you shave your armpits! LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are killing me. you look that fabulous and wear almost no makeup?

    i totally get your style. sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I felt good enough about the way I looked that I didn't have to wear make up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You totally described my style too - love it. I can't believe you wear hardly any make up - you're gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...