Thursday, January 14, 2010

Roses and weiners....I mean winners

(No this is not a Bachelor re-cap post!)

Here's the thing with roses. They mean something. They're special....symbolic, if you will. People just don't understand the value of a rose anymore.You don't just GIVE a rose away to any gussied up floozy who waves her ta-tas in your face.....a carnation...MAYBE. Or perhaps a dandelion. Shoot, I wouldn't even give half of those bimbos a TWIG! But I'm getting off track. A rose is reserved for the elite things in life! For instance...if I had 10 roses, you know who they'd go to??? Let me tell you...

1. My family...of course. You may all be friggin nut jobs, but you're my nut jobs and I have this strange fondness for you. Weird. Take the rose fools.

2. Red Bull...oh my dear sweet carbonated deliciousness. I've said some crazy things in the past, like 'I'm gonna limit you!' or 'I really should drink more water!'. But that's just gibberish! You know I don't really mean that. I couldn't function live without you in my life! So what do you say, will you accept this rose?

3. Murder, She Wrote...I'd give you an entire rosebush! That's how much you mean to me. Through the past years we've formed an unbreakable bond that I've come to depend on. I'd be honored if you continued to unmask murderers with me until the wee hours of the night. Will you accept this rose?

4. Ritalin...I held off on letting you into our lives for SO long. The day you finally arrived changed our lives (and Mason's well being) forever. Plus, you're so much cheaper than crack. Will you accept this rose?

5. Blackberry...Do you hear the angels singing? That's because of you. You're a little slice of heaven on earth, and you fit right in the palm of my hand! Glorious! Will you accept this rose?

6. Flat iron...Let's just say that without you I'd be sporting the Brit-Brit shaved head circa 2007. PLEASE accept this rose!

7. The Hoff...you're classy. Sophisticated. You've changed the world with your angelic voice. You still make my heart go pitter-patter when you run slow mo in the sand....sigh. It'd be hofftastic if you'd accept this rose.

8. Oxi clean...I couldn't have survived this last weekend without you. And neither could my boy's skivvies!! Note to males: Just because you have a racing stripe in your chonies doesn't mean you're fast!! It means you have some doo-doo butter all up on you and you need to clean your donut better! For the sake of my love for all things clean, will you accept this rose?

9. Tapatio...Ay papi! I'm like a moth to a flame. My love for you runs deep in these Latina veins! You make EVERY THING better!! Una rosa para ti, mi amor....

10. Well...looks like I only REALLY cherish these 9 things. Huh. Guess I'll keep the last rose for myself.

So there you have it folks. Now those are treasures worthy of a rose! Not those floozies you see on TV.



PS- Congrats to Jenn from She Says The Darndest Things for being the winner of my sweet little giveaway!!! WHOOP WHOOP! and congrats to Megan from Miss Madison's Charmed Life for commenting with the Chuck Norris fun fact that made me laugh the loudest!

"Chuck Norris's belly button is really a power outlet!"

Thanks to all who played! Winners please send me your info so I can send you your goodies!!


42 comments:

  1. What...you had a Chuck Norris thing going on over here? How did I miss that? I'm all over Chuck, thanks to Hubby and his really-starting-to-creep-me-out-now-dude obsession with Chuck Norris-isms. I even wrote a post about it last year! Blast. I hate missing out on things I would totally rock! And, we call 'em chonies over here too! Conoces que Hubby is de Mexico? See, hablo espanol tambien!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T.O.T.A.L.L.Y made my week!!! wooooo hoooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with a rose for yourself! You're certainly allowed to cherish yourself!

    Stopping by from Mama Kat's Writers Workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luv you- you ahd me rolling with the oxi clean rose!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, her Chuck Norris joke blew mine out of the water. I'm embarrassed now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a restaurant, El Tapatio, just down the road. And do you think your family will share that single rose nicely? Mine wouldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #8....priceless! Great post girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Screw the bachelor...its all about the cheesy. Now that's a show I would watch!

    Tapatio and I were once lovers. I did him dirty by switching to cholula but every once and while we reunite the fire. Ha!

    If I had 10 roses...one would DEFINIELTY go to you for this post, just sayin. You're my hero! Lots a love to you, lady. Kiss kiss. Xo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "It means you have some doo-doo butter all up on you and you need to clean your donut better"

    You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just about pee'd my pants reading this. Seriously, I laughed out loud. At work. And now my co-workers think Im even weirder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. dude...if i loved you before it is tenfold now!!!! you are friggen hilarious and you just made my morning with this crazy!!! but seriously tapatio? oofa! too hot for this lady! just like you!

    got your prom dress ready?!? it's just about time to get fancy for our date!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think every man needs to clean his donut better. Well put.

    And yes. Tramps get carnations. I think it's in the Constitution... or the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen for the blackberry. Mr Blackberry what did I ever do with out you;you are a apart of me and wherever I go, you go too!! I never want you out of my sight, for just the mere thought of it makes me panic!

    Love it Cheezy, great post!!
    Congrats to the winners:)

    Smooches,
    Sassy Chica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word, the racing stripes!!! My favorite.

    You. Are. Awesome.

    And how could I have forgotten my flat iron....I cannot LIVE without it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. JUUUUUUST about peed my pants on #8. Thank you for ending my crappy morning bad mood and making me laugh.. Doo doo butter. My new favorite word.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol omg that was hilarious. I started reading, thinking "oh geeze, don't tell me this is going to be a sappy romantic post. i'm not really in the mood"

    and then whammy! the doo doo butter was classic.

    thanks for spicing up my humorous day :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How are you doing with The Hoff leaving America's Got Talent? I've been in mourning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha thanks for the laugh you're so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oxi clean, eh? LOL Oh dear. Is your hair really curly?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your ten... you make me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should have given Chuck a rose!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Of course, he probably craps roses, so he doesn't need one...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ritalin, the Hoff and Angela Landsbury. Truely inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG...you have a Crackberry? You should join our chat group! SERIOUSLY! Let me know if you want to chat with us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That Chuck Norris quote is pretty fantabulous... I'm okay with that one beating mine ;)

    And love your Rose ceremony...

    ReplyDelete
  26. You never cease to amaze me I heart you and all of your Hoff and Norris lovin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ahh I have missed reading your blog posts they always make me smile :)

    Roses are special.. and I definately wouldn't give one to a blackberry... life ruling little devils :P lol

    SE x

    ReplyDelete
  28. omg hilarious. each and every one. I'm surprised "The Situation" wasn't your big #10 rose to give to?! hmmm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMFreakingGravy!! Tapatio be still my heart! I think I have only known one other person who even knew what that was! I put it on everything!! Nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'd have given you the last rose too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are too funny! I love this list. Yes, the Hoff is rose worthy. And what is with guys and their undies?

    ReplyDelete
  32. You know, I always kinda thought you were joking about Murder She Wrote. You're drop dead serious!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Red Bull, Flat Irons and Chuck is anyone needs in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  34. stopping by from Sits!!! you cracked me up!!! Greta post and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Okay, this post is hilarious! Your fun and witty personality totally comes out! I love your rose for Ritalin!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wait there as a giveaway and I missed it? DANG IT!! I think I'd give two roses to my flat iron!

    ReplyDelete
  37. LOL this is awesome!!! love your list...you had me cracking up :-D

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just because you have a racing stripe in your chonies doesn't mean you're fast!!

    BEST LINE EVER bwahhahahha

    ReplyDelete
  39. totally agree with the berry and flat iron. my heart sings. loove them both.

    lady i miss your guts! ah i feel so out of the loop. hope you're doing well! love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  40. LAMO!!! I really enjoyed this one, really!! I heart Tapatio, but I must admit I strayed to Cholula & now I just love Valentina..werd huh.

    ReplyDelete
  41. ....where is my rose? well...guess i'll have to get my way to #1 somehow...bwahahahahhaaha!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...