Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Poop and legos just don't mix....

I hate legos.....I LOATHE them...I want to make a giant bonfire out of legos and dance naked around it. I didn't know it was possible to hate plastic bricks, but alas, I've managed to do so!! Friggin devil toys.

They're everywhere!! All over the living room, all over the kitchen, in the bathroom, in my car, in Little Miss Presley's diaper...YEAH. AGAIN. My daughter is huddin' blue chunks and they're not blueberries!!....Holy sweet mother of pearl why can't people give my kids normal gifts???? Or books?! Books would be AMAZING! Babies don't swallow and crap books!

And as much as I would love to get rid of these useless pieces of over priced plastic I can't. Ughhh. Because of course, Mason LOOOOOVES them. He plays with them for HOURS, and being that he's a total crackhead ADHD it's such a great outlet for him. He creates the most elaborate designs and structures...they really are pretty radical...and then Boogie comes and tears them apart, does a little river dance on them, and throws them around like he has beads on a float at Mardi Gras and the ladies are flashing their ta-tas.

So, I've come up with a plan....if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Right?

I've decided that I'm going to mold and cultivate Mason's love of lego's and make some money make a career out of it. Who knows...maybe one day he'll be an engineer. Or an architect! And if that fails at least he'll be able to make really cool crap like this that I can sell on Ebay...

{Blows my mind...flippin' amazing!}{My fav of the bunch....}


{Lady Liberty a la Jedi style. RADICAL!}

{Artist's rendition of the rebirth of New Orleans. Speechless.}

{Yeah folks. That's a cello....and it WORKS!}

So that's it...I'm throwing in the proverbial towel. He can have his flippin' legos and I'll deal with it encourage his artist passion. But in the meanwhile I'm just going to focus on keeping the legos out of Little Miss Presley's bowels and in the toy bin instead.

{All pictures of creations via brickartist.com by artist Nathan Sawaya. Bad arse!}

57 comments:

  1. Well first of all, I think we must be on the same SITS schedule. And as for Legos...I NEVER liked them! I still have tiny, painful bruises on the bottoms of my feet from stepping on these nasty critters so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way I feel about play doh. When people get the kids I nanny for play doh as a gift I "accidentally" misplace it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid my Mum would take me and my bro's to the visiting Legoland exhibition every year. It's amazing what you do with that shit - although eating it is not one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way, but yep can't get rid of them because they actually play with them...and who's going to get rid of some mommy time! We only use the Mega Blocks, though...I don't think I'm ready for the real ones yet! :P

    Popped in from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son and nephew love them too. Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the heads up! I will NOT be bringing any in the house! I'm sure my husband would totally try for days to build something awesome out of them. He's already asked me to get some....not going to happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm maybe we should live closer because my son is the SAME WAY. I actually don't mind them. What I DO mind are those frickin' Bakugan!!! What the hell are they and why is he so attracted them??? GRRR...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! absolutely amazing what some people, not me, can create with Legos! and Etch-a-Sketch! some people can actually create art, not just a couple diferent size lines scribbled until out of frustration you shake it all up again, real art, with etch-a-sketch! Boggles my mind

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was around 4 years old, I asked my dad for a penny. Then ran in my room, hid under my covers, and ate it. I have no idea why, but I did. Then I pooped it out. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa! that is insane! i am always amazed at how vast and incredible one's talent can be...these make me what to have one to call my own...talent that is not a massive lego statue...although i have always wanted to play the cello...so maybe there could be a combination of sorts worked out here...ha! okay it's too early...

    p.s....seriously ship presley to me already so i can love on that cutay-patootay...

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kids aren't quite old enough for Legos yet - they're playing with Trios, which aren't as small as Legos but they're not as huge as those big-ass Duplo blocks (you know, like they make for babies?). It would take an awful lot of effort to swallow a Trio, so I think we're good in that department.

    However, that doesn't keep me from finding other strange crap (pun definitely intended!) in diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all...mason has a book. Remember? You know the one that shows ripped up shark guts and carcasses. Remember?! Yea...totally traumatized me, just sayin...

    The rebirth of new orleans is fantastical. People are so darn talented! I am amazed. And the cello? HOLY COW?! Super coolio. These leggo art pieces deserve three snaps and an around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had a LEGO exhibit in our city last summer. It was UBER cool. I should email you some pics...give Mason some ideas :O)

    We have the big legos...DUPLO bloxks and while my kid has a big mouth she hasn't yet swallowed one of these. THANK GOD! Still hurts like a mothertrucker to step on one in the black of night...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I understand your dislike. I always step on a stray peice and the buggars really hurt :(

    SE x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stopping by from SITS... I'm still laughing about the Mardi Gras comment in your post. You are hilarious! It's got to hurt for your little one to pass those Lego pieces. Please tell me it's the mini piece and not the bigger ones. Ouch!

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOME! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see ya'll creations! Sorry to hear that little Ms. Presley keeps eating them though. HA! Big hugs! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha awesome.
    For us its barbie shoes. Youngest always had those buggers in her poop. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You and legos is like me and play-doh. Maybe just have a lego zone that Miss P can't get to?? I know, sounds good in theory, but can it be done??

    ReplyDelete
  19. I HATED Legos growing up. My brother had a ton and loved them. He was so good at building stuff and the only way I could play with him was to try and build things, too. I can't build for shit and always ended up making a birthday cake... which means I made a giant cube and sang to it. Then, he would make fun of me, I would cry and leave, which is what he wanted. Not much has changed since then, either.

    I hope Mason because a world famous architect, gives money to medical science and discovers a cure for your IBS. That is how he can pay you back for stepping on those tiny plastic shards of death every day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. *becomes a world famous architect

    (yikes)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am not a fan of Legos and luckily, our son only has the giant versions. I will add Legos to the list of things not to take up residence in our house. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Too funny, but wow those things are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We don't have the devil legos here. We have blocks. Tons and tons of blocks. Everywhere. In every single corner or every single room. And no one listened to this Christmas when I said NO MORE EFFING BLOCKS. Pfft.

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! Those are all so cool! :-)

    I wanna see more, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Woa that photo with the missing hands is amazing!! I shouldn't comment because I was so a lego kid when I was little too. YES they were everywhere, but I never ate them. I hope that doesn't hurt your lil one. I know they make like Jumbo sized ones that you could maybe buy. Not the lil ones that I swear are like sand. You'll go the beach then years later you'll still find sand in a shoe. lol. GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How do you poop a sharply square plastic Lego and not rip yourself a new one?

    ReplyDelete
  27. i hate those things too. i always step on them. not at my house though. we dont play with legos. lol.

    um, rebirth of nola is AHMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yowzer! Swalling legos! Those are amazing lego sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  29. ok yeah the 2nd pic is hilarious.

    I used to LOVE legos! Love 'em. I don't think I was ever good at building anything with them but I adored them. I really want to buy Tristan some for his birthday (or better yet, find mine and save some bucks) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohhhh I am so glad we haven't come upon the little legos yet... Marcus like cars. Cars cars cars... they are everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I needed this today, you brightened my day with your funniness and your river dance talk haha. How in the flip does that sweet little miss swallow a leggo?! I had an issue with a nyquil gel cap going down last night!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hayden LOVES legos too. I was just cursing them yesterday as I vacuumed up about 30 pieces. Thankfully, I have not found any in anyone's diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Woah woman!!! Those are insane.

    Wouldn't it be funny if instead of his hands in a pile it was his parts...you know HIS PARTS?

    lol

    I'm so sick. I can't be held accountable to what I say.

    Skype soon, when I can breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG!! I hate those things too. They drive me up the wall. EVERYWHERE....although....not in poop...yet ;)


    I've heard there is some legos competition or convention or something like that every year in cali....

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow, number 2 picture is just too funny!! My SIL hate play dough so every year I give it to her kids... haha... I am mean!!

    also, small request... my pup Gracie is in a contest today, could you go vote for her? http://tiny.cc/hnTQz

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just found your blog.....I'm now following!
    Your family is adorable!!! And this post cracked me up! And I cannot believe how amazing those lego works of art are. You should definitely channel some of Mason's lego love into making some $$$$.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh word. lovely. You know personally I love lego poo.

    ReplyDelete
  38. The one with the missing hands cracked me up!! Lil Mootz is not allowed to have legos because Stonewall is not allowed to have legos. I've heard horror stories from when he was a kid and I have forbidden them in our house.

    I left an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your kids don't eat books?

    Shit. I'm in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  40. My kid was a lego freak.
    Nothing better than stepping on one of these mofo's in the middle of the night! Nice sharp edge grinding into the bottom of your foot.

    We still have crates of legos, along with every Star Wars ship ever made into legos.

    ReplyDelete
  41. i love legos. wait no. mega blocks. that's what i love. because my girls aren't exactly lego age yet. so. mega blocks totally rock. and dude. if my kids start pooping out mega blocks, we're going on tour.

    ReplyDelete
  42. wow!!! im speechless...that's some ahhhmazing lego work!! i havent reached the lego mania age yet!! im plannig on buying those mega blocks for her cuz she'll just eat up lego blocks

    ReplyDelete
  43. Legos, play dough and moon sand...all need to be banned!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am not sure we can still be friends if you don't love LEGOs. We love LEGOs at Casa del Romano! Seriously....love them.

    Perhaps it is because we're all ADHD? Ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  45. I used to hate them too! they were never fun!

    and funny photos!

    ReplyDelete
  46. those legos are amazing. I will have to share them with my legohead daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Can I just say first of all, that I love how you have POOP as a blog post category? So awesome! Yea, LEGOS can be a pain to deal with, so my boy and I have a deal: I'll buy him the overpriced crap, but he has to keep them organized MOMMY STYLE or they go bye bye. So far so good...although I think I might be turning him OCD..hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  48. LEGOS! i loved them as a kid, and would SERIOUSLY love to sit down and play with them again! but i would NOT want to find them in anybody's diapers. YEE-IKES!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow those are amazing!
    Big Man loses legos too and gets them for his sisters but they always end up everywhere...ugh

    ReplyDelete
  50. Yeah, some people make cool things from Legos. I'm not a fan of them but my son and husband LOVE Legos.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow. That's pretty impressive! I loved playing with Lego as a kid, but I never made anything so impressive. Instead, I made houses and other buildings so that I could play games with them. :P

    I do agree that it does get EVERYWHERE. Luckily for my parents, we had a room in our basement where it was mostly contained and it was a disaster zone.

    I loved playing with Lego as a kid. and look where it got me - I'm an engineer wanna-be! (Soon to be almost actual engineer :P) But I never made anything so impressive - I guess that's why I'm not in civil.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Whoops. Do you ever write things in a comment and then decide that somethings are dumb but some are okay, so you leave it and rewrite it in a different paragraph and then forget to delete the offending paragraph? That's what happened above. :P

    ReplyDelete
  53. did you clean the legos you found in Sissy's diaper and put them back in the toys bin?

    ReplyDelete
  54. I beg to differ on the eating-and-pooping-of-the-books. My son had a little foam book with pop out picture puzzle things...it was a nativity bok with four pages. Well, one day I'm changing the diaper and find a hunk of lime green foam. So yah. You CAN eat books. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  55. Whoaaa!!!! nice creations and poor thing having to poop legos :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...