Is it weird to sleep next to a butcher knife? Because I may or may not have slept with two 80 pound boxers and a knife on Friday....but it was for a good reason! You see, the hubs decided to take Mas and Boogie on a boys only camping trip for the weekend.
{WOOOO!!! Sweet sound of SANITY mama's having a GIRL'S NIGHT!} And that left just The Little Miss and myself at home. I'm not sure when it happened, but sometime in the last 26 years I turned into a major namby-pamby. After a full night of shopping, stuffing my piehole, movies, and more eating, I could NOT sleep! Every little shadow, creak, and dog fart CREEPED me the freak out. I was convinced there were home intruders staking out in my rosemary bushes. Hence the knife. I'll cut a fool! I had to have a plan just in case! So while I was busy snoozing with my shank, here's what the boys were doing....
{Setting up camp with the rest of the gang...too much testosterone for one area}
{Playing a little of this....}
{And maybe a little of that....}
{What's up ladies?}
{Hanging out with their Old Man...}While the boys were busy building fires, scratching themselves, and learning to be manly men the Little Miss and I had a hot date with some super cute landscapers...
{Baa ram ewe, sheep be true!!}
Ladies and gents, meet the landscapers! Yup, those are goats and sheep. This is how we mow the lawns in our town. Pretty bad arse isn't it?? These little machines move from spot to spot in the town munching up all the hard to mow areas. GENIUS!
{This is the face of pure excitement right here!}
And because a certain Little Miss loves them so much, we went again...
{ BAAAAAAAAAAA!!}All in all the weekend was a success. The boys filled their testosterone tanks and the girls got some new threads. Score. But Jordan's home now, so I don't have to spoon my cutlery anymore. HA! Get it!? Spoon my knife?! Anybody? Bueller? Right then.
Happy Tuesday!!
dude...i was laughing the entire way through that post!! you're figgen hilarious!!! and i heart you more for it!!! "bwa ram ewe..sheeps be true" i would totally be laughing out loud instead of this stupid whisper giggle but seriously they're interviewing my replacement so i need to keep it mum...
ReplyDeleteand the camping...LOVE IT!!! male bonding time to the extreme!!! memory makin in the process!!!
You're too flippin funny! Ha ha ha ha! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA your so funny... I totally LOVE her face, SO happy...
ReplyDeleteGlad they had a good camping trip and im a what did you call it??..... "namby-pamby" too when im alone.
You are too funny! Whenever my day at work is getting old and boring I love coming over here for a good laugh!
ReplyDeleteLittle Miss is so cute!
lol, you're hilarious! "Spooning my cutlery"
ReplyDeleteSpoon my cutlery? Ha-larious!!!
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel! When my boyfriend is out of town, every little noise gets to me and my imagination runs wild in the opposite direction of cute sheep and goats! I'm glad you made it through, and it looks like you and Miss Presley had a great girly weekend after all. :-)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I'm not the only crazy person in the world.
ReplyDeleteI'm the exact same way when I'm alone - think I'll get a machete for some piece of mind
ReplyDeleteHa! And Jordan survived? Seriously though, ever since I had a kid I am scared of everything. Can't watch scary movies, or even previews of them, get freaked out when Jeff is out of town...etc.
ReplyDeleteHey next time you can't sleep let a fool know! I will chat it up with you! I'll call 911 if anything happens to ya!
ReplyDeleteyou're punny...
ReplyDeleteI also sleep with a knife if the husband is gone...I actually lay a bunch of them around the house just is case something happens in one part of the house and wasn't carrying that big ol' butcher knife :)
ReplyDeleteLOL. father/son campouts-the best. for all involved.
ReplyDelete:)
Hahaha! I get it! Spoon your cutlery...LOL!
ReplyDeleteI hate it when my hubby is out of town! I don't sleep well at all. On the bright side, I usually get more blogging done:)
ReplyDeletei love your kids! they are so adorable.
ReplyDeletei am the same way.. i hate sleeping by myself which is why i question living alone. now that i have myself a guard dog i think i'll be safe.
are you freaking nuts or what???? you could have hurt yourself??? if you had told me i would have killed you. yes, for sleeping with a knife.
ReplyDeletewhat it doesn't make sense?? since WHEN do you require ME to make sense?
aaaaannnyyyyyyywayyyy. kinda glad you didn't got enjured wee rat.
love your fat face.
xo
Those are real landscapers there :)-
ReplyDeleteCute pics...looks like you had a wonderful weekend.
I need to stop reading your posts at work. I can't stop laughing. Spooning cutlery HAHAHA
ReplyDeleteMy guard dogs are two very tiny French poodles. Not very menacing, but as soon as someone crosses the front gate, they let me know.
No way. She is about the cutest thing ever! and are the boys wearing, "I *heart* LA" shirts?
ReplyDeleteHmmm. Not sure how I feel about that.
so glad you made it through! and you had fun! and so did the menfolk!
ReplyDeletei sleep with a billy club dangling from my headboard. just in case! i'd club any fool that tried to get in my home. if i wasn't frozen in fear, that is!
That looks like a pretty mellow campout. No fear of bears or other predatory animals. I'm pretty jealous.
ReplyDeleteSpoon your knife.....classic!!
ReplyDeleteso, so funny! and a good reminder to never visit you in the darkness of the night.
ReplyDeletei was pretty sure goats only ate the grass in nebraska.
How fun! We enjoyed our girl time when our boys were out of town.
ReplyDeleteI think that Daddy time for the boys is awesome...and pretty good time with Little Miss for you.
ReplyDeleteThe Little Miss could not possibly be any cuter! Glad you guys made it through your girls night safe and sound. I don't like being home along either, but I sleep next to a bat. I'm less likely to hurt myself with one of those.
ReplyDeletePretty sure I used the excuse of M traveling for work as my reason to get our dog! I needed someone to protect me :)
ReplyDeleteBaa Ram Ewe indeed! Where do you live that there are that many nature-made lawn mowers just walking around?! My kids would flip if we lived in sheep-land like that!!
ReplyDeleteI'm a big sissy since I had the boys!! Can I borrow a dog? The one that doesn't eat dirty diapers or high chairs?
ReplyDeleteThe little miss's face is pure excitment and so cute. Glad the boys had fun. :)
ReplyDeleteSE
after you did the ba ram ewe call, did any of them talk to you? also. you're way awesome if you slept in a tent.
ReplyDeleteLoved every second of this post! We all need a little girl and guy bonding now and then!
ReplyDeleteBAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Spoon your cutlery!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteoh that is so cute. Who's sheep are they? that's a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteBe happy that should someone actually break in to your home, YOUR dogs could actually scare someone. My 2 tiny chihuahuas couldn't do more than give them a massive headache lol.
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up! I'd be too scared to sleep with a knife, as I, well, sleep walk. I do hate sleeping without the husband tho, it takes 3 times as long to fall asleep. When does this happen to us?
ReplyDeleteThose photos are awesome :) I love the look/feel of them! It looks like all of you had a good time in your respective areas haha BTW - your kids are SUPER adorable :)
ReplyDeleteoh my little cheesy pupusa (aka queso bueno)...i so know that feeling of being alone when you're so not used it. sucks man. when DG's gone, i sleep with a knife, mase and his gun a quick grab away. not even kidding. i'm such a sissy puss in the middle of the night. oh and HELLO INSOMNIA! always worst when i'm alone. gah.
ReplyDeletebut hey at least you had your gorgoues miss with you. just look at that face. how is she always so dang happy.
oh i know...she's got you as her mama. awwww.
ps. you're republican?! oh boy...
ReplyDeletehaha. jk.
So cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm the same... it's been a little better since I've got my furry baby. Although I lie there with one eye open thinking about what I will do if he starts to growl or bark! ARGH!
I am so with ya! When the Hubs is working night shifts I am SUCH a scaredy cat. Every little noise wakes me up!
ReplyDeleteI'd end up cutting myself if I slept in bed with a knife.
ReplyDeleteWhat? I'm a wild sleeper.
Do NOT feel bad. I am such a wuss. When the hubs is out of town I sleep on the couch so I can see the door. HA!
ReplyDeleteI don't have to spoon my knife... hahahaha. Love it. And the picture of Jordan fishing with your little man.. so precious.
ReplyDeleteI say this all the time (but please don't think I'm a freakish creepy stalker or anything), but I'm pretty convinced Presley could not be any cuter. Not possible. And her strawberry shirt? Yeah, kinda want one for myself.
now that miss is getting ever so sweeeet
ReplyDeleteHave I told you lately how I love that little girls face???? If she doesn't one day become my daughter-in-law, I will lose all faith in this world. And dude. Sleeping with knives is dangerous business...you could stab a boob...not cool. Next time go for the Louisville Slugger like I do...its safer for the ta-tas!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!!!
Tell Presley to start her cross country trek to my house!!