Tuesday, July 13, 2010

We're back!!!

Did I forget to tell you we were gone? Last week we decided to pack up the swagger wagon and head out to Monterey for some good ol' family fun, DANG IT! Ever since honeymooning in Monterey it's become a sort of family tradition to go every year. So we stocked up on medication, caffeine and clean undies and got the heck out of dodge! The kids always have a blast, and Jordan and I....well...we survived. Barely. We started the trip off by heading to Monterey's Youth Museum. My little mongrels LOVED it, and I have to say, it was pretty dang rad!

{The Cline Crew to the rescue!}

{She's 1 going on 16...}

And of course we hit up Fisherman's Wharf and the Monterey Bay Aquarium...

{They're like snuggly little sausages...I want one}

{The three stooges...}

{Scuba Steve and the boys}

{I'm secretly obsessed with sea horses...so dang rad}

{My little matey's lookin' for booty...}

{Pirate prom photo circa 2010}

{Fine dining on the wharf....I'll have the Sally special}

{Family stoll in Pebble Beach...The Dude was working on a tan}

{Don't let the smile fool you...it was flippin freezin!}


{Happy Birthday to Me!! Mark your calendars folks...July 20th!}


{Little Miss Presley conducting the train}

We even managed to sneak in trips to the Carmel Mission, 17 mile drive, and Dennis the Menace Park. It was exhausting, long, hectic, and crazy....and we loved every minute of it! But now I need a vacation from our vacation...something that includes no kids, lots of sun, fruity drinks, and a Murder She Wrote marathon...sigh...I can dream, can't I?

Happy Tuesday Amigos!

30 comments:

  1. Your kids are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing trip! Your family is soooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I long for moments like these. The best part? You AND J were smiling!

    And um....didya marry a giant? Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome. I didn't know you had a July 20th bday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you guys had a good time, the stress of a vacation is worth it for the fun of the time together as a family :) We've got a similar family tradition, ever since we took our first vacation (before kids) it's become a family tradition to go to the same area. I love *the sally* too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like yall had an amazing time!

    ps. your hair is HOTT in the b.day pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smack my a** and call me sally! AHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's awesome!!!

    What fun times you kids had. The pirate prom pic is my fav. One more week til b-day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sadist made mozzarella sticks $10.99???

    I mean, shouldn't fried cheese be made available to everyone, regardless of socio-economic status?

    I'm outraged. I may have to storm capitol hill with this one.

    FRIED CHEESE FOR ALL!

    P.S. Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous. I've been meaning to go there for so long. Is the seahorse exhibit still there? We just went to the steinhart two weeks ago in the city and it was disappointing. Take the kids on a free Wed. I love Monterey and compare all aquariums to that one. I really need to go there, I mean it's only a few hours from me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. maybe next time you go on vaca, i can come? i mean, y'all are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had fun!!! ahh I haven't been here in ages but you look still the same!

    have a great day girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome home!!! You clearly had a wonderful time. It's always nice to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are hilarious. love the comments. how do you get your pictures to have the rounded edges?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You and your fams are just too cute for words. You're lucky I love you so much otherwise I'd be hatin! :) Just kidding. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Weird... I think I saw Sampson and Bruiser snuggling in the middle of that seal picture. Swap the legs for some fins and they're golden!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fisherman's Wharf in Monterrey has the BEST clam chowder by far, SF and New England don't even compare! I also prefer the Ghiradelli there to SF's giant square :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. are you actually advertising your birthday, weill in advance, on the internet?...
    do i have to wish it to you again given that i've done it already last month? haha!

    looks like you guys had a gret fam time!Sissy is sooooooo cute! can't wait to see her!

    mulch love wee rat!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. awww looks like so much fun! I know my little munchkin would love it there :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like great fun! I totally want the Sally special

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much fun! Happy Almost birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. your daughter is adorable!!! Looks like ya'll had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks like a blast! I miss the days of doing things like that when I was a child. Glad you had such a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gotta love those whacky names... some of Micko's fav hot sauces are called 'Blurter Hurter' and 'Ring Stinger'.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So much fun, but so much work holidaying with kids right?!! I love it but it drives me batty at the same time. We're heading off for 4 weeks vacation to Europe and I might not make it back with my mental health intact?.......

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is a dang fine bunch you got there Mama! Dang fine indeed! I love the picture of Presley on the phone! AWESOME! And Boogie and Mason with the pirate? *swoon*

    Come vacay in FL mkay?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very fun looking trip! We love that area too. I have to say, that pic of my lil' bro with his littlest chica makes my heart go pitter-patter! What a cute Daddy he is! (and you're no chop liver either, you beautiful girl!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Welcome back! I was beginning to wonder what happened to you? Thought maybe you had hit up the local ice cream, bread and pasta shop!

    Am I the only one who loves feeding Elvis? =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey, I've just started reading.
    It's really nice reading about your family, and your posts me laugh!! You have a great sense of humour to your writing!
    Following now so I'll be back to read more.

    L x

    http://only-halfdressed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. sea horses have always fascinated me too; glad you had an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...