Friday, September 4, 2009

Where's the remote?!

It was 7:29 pm in the Cline household, a night like any other. The kids were polishing off their bedtime snack while watching a little tv as a night cap. I on the other hand was counting off the seconds until bed time. 7:29...one more minute. Ahhh....Glorious! Time to put the children of the corn to bed so mama could RELAX....blog a little...ya know..

Then it hit me. 7:29! Oh no! CRAP! No no no no no!!! I only had seconds to act before it was too late. Frantically I started searching the house like a mad woman. Hurdling over couches, throwing pillows every which where. Searching desperately...

"Remote!" I blurted out in a frenzy. "JORDAN! The remote!!!"

He simply looked at ME like I was the crazy one!

"Where's the remote?!" I shrieked. Time was running out!

Couch? No!

Kitchen? NO!!

WHERE THE HECK....Then I heard IT. Oh no. NO! That horrid sound was getting louder and LOUDER, filling the room...

Please, oh please, don't let the kids notice! But it was too late. Their beady little eyes were glued to the tv soaking in the bane of my existence....otherwise known as...Yo Gabba Gabba. Ughhhh.

Well there went my night.

Now here's the thing. I consider myself a pretty patient person (ok that's a bold face LIE but it sounds better for dramatic effect and all). But there are some things I have NO patience for. Yo Gabba Gabba is one of them. I. CAN'T. STAND. THIS. SHOW. My kids are forbidden to watch this show. FORBIDDEN I tell you! Everything about it just irritates me. It makes my eye twitch. It causes a raging fire inside that I can not put out. I LOATHE it....and for no better reason than just the fact that I can't stand it.

{NO Gabba Gabba!}

That DJ Lance fellow creeps me the heck out. Those tight pants and that dead animal on his head. No thank you. Uh-uh. And the creepy cyclops that looks like a giant blister...wtf? Then there's the fuzzy green thing that just sways his arms around all freaky like. That would give me nightmares!! And children actually LIKE it. I just don't get it. And it's not just this DJ Lance chump that creeps me out...it's children entertainers in general. I mean have you SEEN some of these people??? Yikes. Like this guy, Dan Zanes who used to sing all the time on the Disney channel. I'm sure he's a nice man, whatever....he is not coming within a foot of my kids. Creeeepy!



Then there's this dude from Ralph's World. Again, creepy. Just look at those eyes. You can't trust those eyes. All crazy and intense. They just scream "I do crack on a daily basis".



Maybe I'm just over reacting, but I can't help it. My poor kids. They'll have to watch some other kind of quality television like Maury Povich or The Steve Wilkos show during the day, because this Yo Gabba Gabba-freaky grown men singing deal just isn't working out for me...

60 comments:

  1. Yeah, these dudes look pretty creepy! lol. Funny story... I think that grown men in most kids shows are creepy though, the same way that I think that Chucky Cheese is creepy. I don't know. Some of the stuff out there nowadays is just plain weird. What about the Backyard Agains? They seem pretty cool. They can even make me dance! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh I hate it too. Sid the Science Guy is the only one I can sit and watch with them.

    our remote went missing yesterday, too... TheTween had dropped it in the toilet. Not the little kids, the 12 year old.

    such problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh Thank God we don't get these in Malta LOLOL! but seriously where are the cartoons that had nice stories and where on the romantic side or history side of things? we get sponge bob here...freaky! No what I have started doing was to buy or download the disney classics and any other disney which i like and sesame street lol...but i'll be damn if my kid will watch all this weirdness which is around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture does look pretty frightening. Ha! Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wonder where they GET these people. When I nannied he used to watch Yo a little, not much but I was even annoyed by the little boogers on Barney. I prefer the Wonderpets..who can deny that cute little chicks voice? "Wet's Go Wonderpets!!"
    I must say too that it could be worse (maybe it is but I doubt it) and your kids could be watching "The Simpsons", which is what little boy I used to nanny for was watching last night when I called him (he's 5).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully, my spawn is beyond this stage. I would scream if I had to watch this.

    I did hear Pee Wee is making a comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoy Gabba Gabba is single handedly responsible for teaching my son to beat box. Biz's beat of the day is a big it in our home. We'll be at the dinner table and Griffin is all bmmph ehhh chicca chicca whack and doin his hands like he's a DJ. It makes a mama proud. I hate to admit it but...that show makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh...that should be YO Gabba Gabba not YOY Gabba Gabba. Although YOY Gabba Gabba sounds like the Yiddish version.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just thank God that my kids are passed this stage, because I have never even heard of these dudes!! But, based on the pics, I would take Wizards of Waverly Place any day of the week, and I can hardly stand that show! Great post, you crack me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha! NO Gabba Gabba! I totally know what you mean, this show is freaking weird!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yo, let's gabba gabba some more about TV shows that make us nuts...
    For me, it's LazyTown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what about Steve from Blue's Clues? How do you feel about him?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand that they might be running out of original ideas to entertain kids. But how 'bout running the ideas they have through a few real moms? If the moms are like "WTF?" then they would know that it is probably going to end up looking like that mess they call Yo Gabba Gabba.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My niece and nephew love that show too!

    I can't believe they let men that look like pedophiles be on a children's show. I'm sure they're not, but they sure look like it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They totally creep me out too! Give me a cartoon anyday over that freakfest! However I am sure the same could be said about my cougarish adoration of Zac Effron in 17 again???? HELLO!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is most definitively the STUPIDEST show they have ever come up with. The creepy factor is like off the charts.

    The singing is annoying, yes. But, it is the spaztic dancing that sends me over the edge! Are you serious?! My kids act goofy ALL ON THEIR OWN! I really don't need some weirdo in a leotard showing my kids MORE inane dance moves.

    The songs are totally dumbed down. And almost cultish, what with the same words being said over and over. I heard one song that went "Try it! And you'll like it!" Over, and over, and over, and over. I'm not sure what it is they are telling my child to try.....but I am pretty sure those people are ON something.....and I don't want my kids to "try it"!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, AMEN!! My kids looooove Yo Gabba Gabba, much to my dismay. My 19-month-old even has a creepy, pimply-looking Muno doll who sings about liking bugs. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  18. ha ha funny- my husband thinks the show is cool b/c he's a musician and they have alterantive acts on there sometimes...whatever

    ReplyDelete
  19. No Gabba Gabba here...hahaha! I completely shut off our tv a year ago due to this. No beady little eyes glued to anyone, especially a frizzed out/electrified old man singing kid tunes :)-
    FInd the remote...FIND IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never seen or even heard of this how, but the pictures tell me all I need to know :P

    Se x

    ReplyDelete
  21. My daughter loves Yo Gabba Gabba, I'm thinking of getting her some glo sticks so she can get more into the experience. I am pretty sure it's a kid's rave (drug free for the kids, not so sure about the creators of the show).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha! Oh no!

    Just the picture tells me I want nothing to do with Gabba Gabba! And what's with these nonsensical words they are teaching kids?!?

    I don't think grown men singing and playing with kids will ever not be creepy....

    I'll tell you the kids show that gives me absolute nightmares: Boobah.

    Oh.My.God. Talk about creepy! Not only do the damn things creep me out, but the show makes NO sense, I swear it's Satan's program. It's nto educational at all and it's just flat out the weirdest crap I've ever seen. Google an image if you haven't seen it. No! YouTube a video, you really need to get the full idea of what I'm talking about...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think Steve and Maury are too much like Yo Gabba Gabba, you got to go back to the old school Jerry Springer where there were strippers fighting in baby pools of corn on the cob and making out with their brother's mother (wait what?...nevermind) :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yo Gabba Gabba...

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Watch this and laugh

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_PnJN5d84

    XO
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is times like these that make me love my child-free life more and more!!! And thank the starts my nephew is passed that. But I have friends who's kids are still in to it and they are just like you. They can't stand that show!!! The one that used to annoy the ever-loving crap out of me when my nephew was a toddler was the Wiggles! wtf?!?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh no NONONO! I hate that show! Hate it hate it!!!!
    And a new one is The Freshbeat Band. Aaah! I hate that one too! Hate it! I actually get a little queasy when I hear it. They do commercials all day long and you can hear them singing. Loco Legs? NO. I wanna cut your legs off dude. I know, a little over the top, but PLEASE someone help me!

    ReplyDelete
  28. THAT. is why i don't have kids. i admire you.

    but sadly...i DO know what YO GABBA GABBA is. ONLY because of the soup on E. they make so much fun of it, it's quite hilarious. i've cried with laughter watching clips from it and i STILL can't believe it's an actual show...for KIDS!!!

    you poor poor thing. ps. i love that you call your kids "children of the corn". i too call my "kids" that...aka my doogies :)

    have a fabulous weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I HATE that show. My son has never been allowed to watch it and last Christmas someone bought him a hoodie with some character from Yo Gabba Gabba on it, and I returned it, and a friend of mine was appauled, because she allows her children to watch that show!

    I'm a part of the NO Gabba Gabba movement! You are right they are creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yeah, Yo Gabba Gabba is weird. Thankfuly we don't have cable, but the kids have been exposed at friend's houses. I can't stand Dora and her repeating the same things over and over in her annoying whiny voice. And Barney - - just be glad your kids came after Barney's heyday. That whole "I Love You, You Love Me" song was terrifying!!

    The shows I can watch with my kids are Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman and Curious George... They also like Cyberchase but I can't sit through it...whiny bird.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad this wasn't around when my boy was little!!! We just had the Teletubbies milling about with their purses :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dang... I loathe that show too!!! For real, these guys are high as a kite, right?

    Thanks for your kind words over at BonBon Rose. You Rock!!:-)

    xo,
    Fabulous Finds Gal
    YouCanKeepYourHatOn>

    ReplyDelete
  33. I HAVE POSTED IN THE PAST ABOUT HOW T.V. SHOWS NOWADAYS SUCK, AND I STILL BELEIVE THIS TO BE TRUE.

    YO GABBA GABBA, TELETUBBIES, BARNEY, LAZYTOWN, AND OH SO MUCH MORE!!

    IT MAKES WE WANT TO DROP KICK OUR BIG SCREEN OUT OF THE HOUSE, BUT THEN I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO WATCH...

    ReplyDelete
  34. THis is the best post ever! OMG at 7.28am hubby and I are scrambling for the remote before DJ Lance says YO GABBA GABBA but our 3 year old is getting smart. She KNOWS the Nick Jr schedule and that after Ni Hao Ki Lan, or whatever that show is that DJ lance comes on! We turn it off for 30 mins if we make it before YO comes on and back on again because at 8 is the BEST show called Jacks Big Music Show. Non creepy puppets, its all about musical instruments and they have the cutest grumpy squirrel puppet on there. He is real I tell ya. Oh, there is ONE Yo Gabba Gabba episode that I kinda dig. The one where Jack Black makes a guest appearance. He is hilarious in it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Now I forbade Barney and Dora. I think Dan Zane is creepy as all heck, but Ralph is not a bad looking guy when he's playing with The Bad Examples.

    ReplyDelete
  36. As another blogger said (sorry dont remember who) that one Gabba Gabba guy looks like a one eyed vibrator.

    All my kids had was barney phew.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am so out of the loop on the current tv shows. Dora the Explorer used to drive me nuts. No Dora in my house!! I also strongly detest pokemon.

    Both of the men remind me of that pervert - pee wee herman.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Seriously wtf were the creators of that show thinking. No parent in their RIGHT mind would let their kids watch it. It is on the ever growing list of not allowed programs in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the Backyardigan's they don't even show it on Nick, only once @ 7pm (cdt) on Noggin. I guess they don't want the award winning shows on, just the strange annoying creapy shows.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yo Gabba Gabba? I have never heard of this. I'm off to Google...

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have watch it once or twice with my nephew and I thought it was a little disturbing and weird. I'm sure that when I have a kid that show would NOt be watched at my house. LOL

    Love your comment on my blog. Made me LOL and I totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  42. The BIGGEST AMEN to that!!! For starters, my daughter is only 18 months old, so we have not entered the children's world of entertainment just yet. BUT...I took care of my friend's kids for a couple of days while they were out of town, and they brought a Yo-(CRAPPA-CRAPPA...) dvd for the youngest child to watch. I put it in for him...and quickly thought that I was on an instant drug trip!!! They fooled me into thinking it would be a decent movie...and then BAM...that crap enters my brain. I text my friend "I will never forgive you for this", her reply..."lol"...because she knew I was unsuspecting of the horror that would befall upon me due to this terrible dvd. What the CRAP ever happened to GOOD children's shows??? IE: Ninja Turtles, (not that space turtle garbage they try to pass off as the original), Ghost Busters, Reading Rainbow, Land of the Lost, X-Men, Heman...I mean REALLY?!! I sincerely loath, hate and despise all childrens programs. They are just, well...stupid nowadays. Sorry for my rant...this is a topic that my husband and I have discussed at length many times.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I have no idea what this is...and I'm thinking it's going to stay that way. Freaking me out.

    In other news, love love love you lady! Happy Weekend!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  44. I can't say I've ever heard of it, but it sounds perfectly foul. Hopefully, your kids embrace the classics, as I'm sure you're teaching them to do.

    ReplyDelete
  45. OH DUDE. My Mom turned that shiz on at her house the other day and the dude was entranced. The hubs walked in and was like...what the F is that? He made us turn it off cuz it creeped him out. Ah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  46. There's a "POWER" button right on the TV, too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  47. I have something for you at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Ugh, I loathe Yo and a few other kids shows, including Hip-Hop Harry. Isn't the television supposed to be a babysitter? That means I can leave the room and not have to be exposed to songs that could drive me to insanity, right??

    Kidding, absolutely kidding.

    Or am I?

    ReplyDelete
  49. LOL! Thats funny! I dont have kids so I have never heard of this show, BUT the pic you posted IS creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Sometimes Yo Gabba Gabba is the only way I can get anything done around here. No joke. I like it a lot better than Barney.

    ReplyDelete
  51. My daughter loves Yo Gabba Gabba. I let her watch it because it gives me quiet. But man, is that show creepy. I've met some mothers who like it though. I'm all ???? are we watching the same thing???

    ReplyDelete
  52. it has been awhile since i have been around kids, so i am not familiar with the latest shows, but they looks like one effed up show.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I am with you on the whole Yo Gabba Gabba thing!
    I just gave you an award on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. I always felt that way about Blues Clues...or maybe it was just Steve. He was pretty freakin' annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I am with ya girl! The first time I saw Yo Gabba Gabba, I was in utter shock. I couldn't figure out how that show made it on the air. Who thought the pitch was a good idea? And if that show made it to production, how bad were the ideas that didn't make it?
    My son loves it and I have grown accustomed to it, but I will never be able to tolerate the Wiggles or Steve from Blue's Clues. They make me nauseous.
    Love your blog! I am now a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Gah, I've never seen this show & I'm creeped out by these guys. The faces alone bug the shite outta me.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Well, I haven't seen this show so I don't know the extent of your hatred for it, but the way you describe it makes me LOL! haha! I don't have kiddos yet but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't let them watch that stuff either.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Seriously! Who in the world ever thought of that show? It's nuts! And I would say that "annoying" is a very mild way to put it!

    ReplyDelete
  59. One of the truly great thing about getting old...I have no idea what that show is. Teletubbies, Wiggles, and Barney though...I assume they compare. fingernails on a chalkboard...schreech.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...