Monday, November 16, 2009

Q & A time!

Well no one died this weekend, so all in all it was a success. And now that my heart rate has finally slowed down a touch and my hands aren't shaking uncontrollably I can finally type! But let me tell you that red bull mixed with a little bit of orange juice....mmmmm....breakfast of champions!! And while I'd like to say that huffing red bull in the corner was the highlight of my weekend, it wasn't! WHAT?! You heard me....there was something BETTER!

I'll give you a clue....starts with an I ends with an -ndianapolis Colts beating the Patriots!!!! BOOYA SUCKERS! Victory is sweet!! Ok, now that I've got that out of my system I thought we'd do a little getting to know you. I love when people ask me random questions so I thought heck, why not share it with the whole world! The first question comes from a special gal, near and dear to my heart, the one and only Liz over at It's Unbeweavable! LOVE HER! And she asks...(Disclaimer: TOTALLY her words, not mine!)

Q- "My darling Alicia, I've been asking you for months how you manage to always look so fabulous and put together and HOT while you're chasing after 3 kids, please share your secrets. I'm taking notes."

A- Well crap. For starters, thank you! I'm so glad you think so! Photoshop works wonders!! HA! But the other moms in the drop off zone in front of the school may not agree with you though.. Lets just say I look a little rough in the morning! But if you want honest answers, here goes! As far as losing the baby weight I tribute it to good genes, Jillian Michaels 30 minute shred, and food allergies watching what I eat. I wish I had a better answer to that, but in all honesty I have my mother and major food allergies to thank for my fast metabolism!

And as far as my wardrobe goes, I've learned to embrace mother hood. I've learned that its totally do-able to mix comfort, practicality, and fashion, all while keeping it simple. Let's be honest, with 3 kids under 6 I'm not gonna be grocery shopping in a LBD and Loubies, and I'm sure as heck not getting spit up on them!So instead I like to put a little emphasis on cute, but comfortable footwear and fun accessories. Also wearing clothes that fit! We may not fit back into our pre-baby clothes and that's ok, but wearing clothes that don't fit isn't gonna do us any favors! However, most days you'll find me in jeans and a tee. I'm walking the park, not the runway. The most important thing to me is to have my hair done and a fresh face...but I'm not a make up fan, I keep in simple with eye-liner and mascara. I also think its important to remember that just because we're moms doesn't mean we can't take some time for ourselves! Spend the extra few minutes getting ready, doing your nails, the little things that are gonna give you that extra boost of confidence! At the end of the day, that self confidence is the most fabulous thing you could wear!!

Well I hope I answered your question! Thanks for playing Liz! And I'm opening up the floor to your guys, I love getting to know you all and I'm so happy for you all to get to know me...I'm only slightly crazy, but nothing a little medication can't fix! So ask away ladies, but keep it classy... this is a mature and sophisticated place after all...HAAAA!

Have an awesome Monday folks!

Peee Esss.....Go check out this awesome contest the amazing Summer did....yours truly is a finalist! WHOOP WHOOP!!

43 comments:

  1. Yesssssss!!!! CONSIDER THIS POST PRINTED...and hung on my fridge for if and when the day comes. And we are sister in laws. HAHAHA JK.

    Boo the shred, but that hag works. And amen to confidence and the little things. I will be a MILF like Alica is my new mantra. Thank you for finally answering the question I have been pestering you about for months!

    LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN! YES! Can't wait to see you my love!! And instead of crazy insomnia gchats it will be crazy insomnia...in person chats bwaha! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing about the Shred so must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have one...since I may very well be officially engaged by the time you read this (if that time is after 8pm on Monday), I am wondering what marriage advice you have, from one HOT couple to another HOT couple. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Liz for asking cuz i was also wondering...now can we ask anything?? like...you know i've asked you before how you met lovely hub...AND you don't have to give un-classy details.
    food allergies?....first time i wish i had any... like to fat, sugar, wheat, alcohol (wait, that's not a food group? is it?)
    gotta go...boo work...
    i'll try to catch you later between 2 naps!
    love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for confidence!

    I love the Shred.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew I liked you! No make up...okay...you do more than me there...Jeans and tees...okay..I am in sweats....walking in the park with kids...okay...so I don't take my kids to the dang park....But, I still like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I agree with the few extra minutes when I started doing that I felt better about myself all day! Oh and get a new haircut that made me feel soooo much sassier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shred, huh?? You forgot to mention that you're juSt naturally CUTE AS A BUTTON!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answers! I lol'd at you thanking the food allergies for your body. I thought of you last night after I ate dairy :-) lol My husband DID NOT love me for a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's a question... are you planning on having anymore babies or are you at your limit?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jillian Michaels...well, I'm a Bob fan but I do love 'em both.

    You should do a tutorial on doing hair. A vlog. I can't do my hair worth crap. Show me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apparently I need to look into this Shred. Seems like everyone is doing it, and since everyone is skinnier than me, it must work! Lol.

    I'm also a jeans and tshirt kind of girl, but I LOOOOVE makeup. As mommies, I think it's soooo important to take time out for ourselves to feel womanly and pretty and not just like a spit-up covered mom all the time. I'm amazed that you are able to keep your sanity and STILL look good with 3 kids and a husband (because let's face it, some days they're worse than the kids). You're incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all about the mom wardrobe but sadly cannot join in on the exercise. That stuff just wears me out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great answer :)-
    Keeping it simple up in here...LUV IT ♥
    The little details do get noticed and that's what counts. Work it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alright...I tried The (Infamous) Shred and then I gave up. I felt like I couldn't hang. BUT, if you're a mom of 3 (no offense when I say this), why shouldn't I be able to do it? Right? I need to. I have to. I will. Seriously. You might have just inspired me to get back on The Shred bandwagon...no wait, YOU DID.

    My question: how, just how are you so flippin hilarious? Seriously. I struggle to find time to sit and read blogs these days, which I HATE, but I luuuurrrrrve reading yours. You're funny, cute, and freakin' witty. I'm jealous. I envy you. I want to beeeee you. Well, not BE you, but maybe LIKE you. Help me! Is there a class I can take? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ANNOUCEMENT TO ALL CHEESY READERS: i've had the lovely pleasure of meeting our favorite little lady, alicia. no photoshop needed. this gal is one hundred percent adorable, naturally gorgoues and sweet as ever!

    my question...how the HELLS did you pop out 3 children from that teeny tiny body of yours?! no seriously, how?! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am wondering what marriage advice you have, from one HOT couple to another HOT couple. Thanks! Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  18. looove liz. she rocks my world. and thanks for sharing your secret so we may all look as fabulous as you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stacy and Clinton would definitely come knocking on your door. To ask for advice! YOu do always look so put together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do you love the Colts or just hate the Patriots? Either way, I LOVE THAT YOU LOVE NEW ENGLAND LOSING!!!

    SUCK IT, TOM BRADY!!!

    Wow, didn't know that was in there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. well said. i'm with ya 100% on all that mommy stuff. we deserve to look fabulous too!! :)

    happy monday my dear. and thank you for being a red bull-aholic with me. we ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
  22. SO glad to know that all the REd Bull didn't do you in. I was kinda worried you know.;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. awwww...i love this post b/c it is TOTALLY YOU!!! and you are definitely all of these things...beautiful and fresh faced...confident...and one amazing rockin mama!!!

    and what is this red bull and oj?!?!! mmmm....full throttle and oj?!?! it's on my list! could totally start the a.m.'s this way!!

    talk to you....um.now! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  24. THis post makes me love you more and more and more. Cheerio Stachemastic! LOL.

    I want mom clothes. I am thinking about it real hard so it comes true!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ya wanna know my routine? I get up, throw on anything that fits, brush my hair, brush my teeth...thats about it. On a good day I might flat iron my hair...I so need to find something to help me lose the poundage and then maybe Id feel a bit more fashion-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  26. you are such a cute fabulous lil momma!!
    i plan to be a put together mom some day as well, putting my face on and doing my hair. just becuase you have kids doesn't mean you can't look good ;)
    praying i'll drop baby weight quickly and look just as adorable as you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. One of these days I will get the Shred. But maybe I should try dusting off the fit and active first. I want to be a milf mama, too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want to know "Where does the cheeseball humor, that you rock with all the hawtness that is you, come from?"

    How do you like that question? From one cheeseball to another! Mwah!

    Left you something shiny on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You have a point. I've been flying a hag flag for far too long. Me thinks I need to take another step up the pretty ladder.

    The cheerios stache is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm with blueviolet. Hag flag city. :/

    ReplyDelete
  31. you are a wonder! and for the first time in my life, i am wishing i was allergic to SOME type of food, ANY type of food, as i love it all way too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I wish I could drink red bull, I get anxious and well... I don't want to freak out the kiddos! So I stick with light weight drinks.... a Dr. pepper... ummmm, yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  33. For the record, I voted for your stache.... AMAZING! Well done... love it!
    And I 100% agree with Liz... I am always amazed at how fantabulous you look... this is so fun, to get to read a bit more about you...
    Okay, so I still consider myself newer to your blog, so if this question has been answered... so sorry. But here's one: How did you and the hubs hook up? Where did you meet... love at first sight??

    ReplyDelete
  34. A combo of embracing motherhood & photoshop is what gets me thru the day, too. Oh, if you only knew. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOL you are TOO CUTE! Loved the Q&A - it's always nice learning more about our blogarino friends! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ahhhhhhhhhh I look forward to the days of not wearing a suit and 3 inch heels daily, just when I want to. I do think I'll miss it though?

    ReplyDelete
  37. I almost wish I had food allergies... emphasis on the almost. :)

    You always look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Okay, so I saw your fabulous stachtastic photo on Summber's site! too cute! Hoping you win! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What's your favorite color?

    (Totally agree on dressing and your mood. If you dress sclumpy you'll feel that way. I know this from experience.)

    ReplyDelete
  40. As a new reader from SITS, I'm curious what got you interested in blogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. AMEN to that!!! Not that I have any kids, or would now. Bur it sounds like the perfect plan, comfy, yet cute. I'm all for that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...