Thursday, March 11, 2010

I need a hug.....

Shoot me in the face...just do it...now.

Wednesday kicked my trash. It was emotional, stressful, long, and heart wrenching. All in all Wednesday was a friggin dirty fighter and it handed me my arse on a silver platter. So needless to say I'm so glad it's OVER. Suck it Wednesday!! You hump day piece of poodung.

I'm sitting here eating chocolate chips by the handful right out of the bag, that's how distraught I am! Which means I had better hurry up and write this because I'm going to have raging mudbutt in about 10 minutes.

So while trying to unwind after an exhausting day I was posted up on the couch surrounded by a sea of legos when something caught my eye.

Do you see it?


Mixed in with the slew of legos and cowboy boots, I saw it. Barbie. Laying there in all of her unproportionate plastic glory. Then it hit me...my baby girl has her very first Barbie.

What the crap?! She plays with Barbies?! When did this happen?!

I hadn't thought much of it when my mom came by yesterday and gave it to her. But seeing it tonight just pimp slapped me in the face. My baby girl is playing with dolls, my 3 year old is peeing in a toilet , and my 6 year old is trying to burn down the house. My kids are growing up...and FAST! WOOOHHOOOO!!! Kidding...settle down. I'm secretly sad that they're growing up.

In fact I'm so sad that I'm going to continue to drown my sorrows into this bag of delicious chocolate chips...I may even take the bag with me to the bathroom because from the sound, and possibly smell, of things I have a feeling that I'm going to be hanging out there sooner than later.


42 comments:

  1. awww honey...i seriously thought about you all night...love you lady!!!

    and that barbie makes me sooooo happy!!! before i even had penny out of my belly i used to stand in front of the barbie isle and open my arms and say to them all..."oh dear babries i'll be with you all again very soon!" hahaha...i was seriously excited about this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Barbie!! Stupid boy toys:(
    I feel ya, I can't believe how fast they grow up. When I saw Lincoln playing on the playground this weekend I was like "when the he'll did my baby become a boy???" when did he go from struggling to walk to now running at the speed of light?? Guess that means I'll just have to have another one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel.....no matter what you do....they just keep getting older......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww honey, it's so hard when we realize our kids are growing up. But just think of the fun your gonna have with her...little girls are so fun to watch growing up.

    Step away from the chocolate chips, here...let me take those for you! Lol :0}

    ReplyDelete
  5. We seem to have managed to MOSTLY sidestepped Barbie. And MAN and will I throw a PARTY when we can get rid of effing "Barbie does Swan Lake" and "Barbie does the Nutcracker." I effing HATE those movies.

    But it is a little depressing to see them growing up so fast. I remember the first time Punky read a word, and I can already see the days of resentful teenager right around the corner.

    Oh! And I gave you an award over at Cheap Wine and Cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww (HUGS) poor Alicia. I know how you feel. I have an 8 month old. When did he get past one month? And a 2 year and 8 month old? When did he stop being a baby? :( WAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah! Where do you get these phrases? You are hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry it was an awful day, but damn funny post! I hope today is a fabulous one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, big [[[[hugs]]]] sista!!! I hope today is a better day for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you had a suckalicious day! Hey! We have that SAME Barbie! Hold on Momma, soon you'll be shopping at Justice buying glittered hairspray, blue nail polish, star confetti earrings, and bespangled woven scarves. You.Just.Wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pass the bag. Just signed #2 up for kindergarten and #3 is wearing tighty whiteys. Sad days at The Casa as well. Alos, can't believe Chuck is 70? For a man whose legs are named Law and Order, that's pretty dang awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. darlin...i must have known you needed one bc i announced to my office that i needed a hug and well, no one offered. so, i will send you the hug i want and you can have it forever.

    barbie is a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Hang in there, love~ you made it through!
    :)
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  14. sending you a big hug!
    hope today is a much better day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy them while you can!
    They do grow fast.

    So...did ya' eat the whole bag?? (kidding)
    I thought you were going to head to they bedroom with the chocolate... You know what they say about chocolate being an aphrodisiac.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Buck up! As you said, Mario is having a baby. I've already started putting my food storage all together, and searching for local bomb shelters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's not as scary as when your daughter tells you she is done playing with Barbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I'll eat a bag of chocolate today too...although I won't end up in the bathroom...more likely passed out cold on the floor (that's what happens when you're diabetic and ingest large quantities of sugar)....my baby is talking in complete sentences at times....this morning? "ooohh Momma...I like those shoes. Very cute." She's only 18mos.....going on 18 years!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My 2 year old got a Barbie for Christmas and I was completely against it for the same reasons you are. That little girl is now potty trained...trained herself and she turns 3 in a few days.

    I'll be eating baking chocolate out of the pantry on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Long, mid-week days can suck it! Nothing like some carbs and chocolate to make it alllll go away.
    Our kids ARE growing up..as much as it's a LOT of work when they're young, (and they're so cute when they're little), I am so looking forward to my guys growing up. My hooligans will be little men someday. I just hope I don't screw them up too much.... it's a crap-shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I'd polish off that bag of choc chips in no time...look on the bright side - at least you aren't celebrating her first Bratz Doll :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi There! Just stopping in to follow your blog. Hope you can come follow mine! Thanks and have a great day!

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    http://www.groschengoblins.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. i get sad sometimes thinking about my girls growing up way fast. but then li'l tot reminds me that she's going to live with me forever. and then i'm happy again. sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  24. awww, sad she is growing up so fast... on the plus side, Barbies are AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. its so sad seeing them growing up but its so nice at the same time.....sigh...id love some choc chips:(

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awwwww... sending you some hugs!
    I totally know that feeling of feeling like you are going to lose your mind at any minute. I think that's the story of my life with my three kids.
    Enjoy your chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete
  27. "I might just take the bag in there with me"

    Oh girl... you always freakin' crack me up. Hope the bathroom time went as well as possible... and enjoy your monsters while they're still little. Just imagine a house when they're all hormonal teenagers!! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  28. what you need is indeed a big hug. and possibly an air kiss on your forehead. Guess what i'm available without appointment and i could be there in nothing less than 24h!
    whatcha say?
    miss wee rat...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, I hope the rest of your week goes better!
    And I'm just glad you let her have a Barbie. Lots of people won't let their daughters have the Barbie anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'd like to share some of those choc buds! I had microwaved Chinese... for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  31. awww they do grow up so fast I was just saying that about my little cousin he wants to do so much by himself now and he's only 4!! Sorry about yesterday hope today and the rest of your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hope today was better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The kids growing up is so bitter sweet. The pooping in the potty is great, but do they really have to be getting ready to leave us?

    Mine goes to full-day kindergarten in the fall. I should just get the chocolate chips out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  34. aww good old barbie days :) hope you have more than one bathroom in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awe you poor thing, those little munchkins grow up fast! Enjoy it! And hope your day is better today!

    ReplyDelete
  36. good gravy, this is hilarious! mudbutt...

    sadness hit me today when my baby told me his belly hurt. what? he can tell me that? must. have. another.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sorry you had such a rough day :( I love the Barbie finding though. Haha, so momentous! Here's to a better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh they really do grow up so fast...i know honey. my baby boy is a teenager now! can you believe it?! haha.

    love you long time! tomorrow is friday...woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. hope you are ok mama! maybe you can get a fabulous nights sleep..yup...maybe, what, a full 5 hours tonight?! ;) ack. hope your tummy is ok too after all those yummy cookies! have a nice night and enjoy your day tomorrow!! WEEKEND is almost here, I can practically see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ahhh can always count on your bowel movement stories...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...