Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Let's sham-rock the house!!

Can I just preface this post with a statement? Ok then...

I've ALWAYS wished that I was Irish. I envy everything from their kickarse accents to the beautiful country they call home. Color me green! Hahaha! Get it?! Green....yeah. Ok. Moving on.

I may be Salvadorean but it's the Irish that have truly changed my life. No joke, I have to give them credit where credit is due. Without the Irish my life would be so empty. For instance, where would I be without my favorite dance?

The river dance!

{Michael Flatley has river danced his way into my heart...}


And even my all time favorite movie...

{A.Friggin.Mazing. Be still my heart...}


My favorite pair of socks that I've had since HIGH SCHOOL...


{I see London, I see France, I see Irish underpants!!}


Not to mention one of my favorite bands...


{Oi Oi Oi!!}

And this girl...

{Happy Birthday Frenchie!!}

Kidding! That's my Frenchie, but today's her BERFDAY so I'm pretty sure that makes her an honorary Irishman! I love that lady to pieces!! I'm so lucky to have her in my life :)

And lucky for me Jordan's BFF's are legit Irishmen so we celebrated St.Patrick's day a wee bit early with some corned beef and cabbage and rainbow chip cake...if that's not from Ireland, it should be.

HAPPY ST.PATTY'S DAY!!

49 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I love Ireland too, though I've never been there, but from what I know and hear I should definitely be visiting the country some time soon. The accents are indeed awesome and Boondock Saints just rocks! Did you know there's a Boondock Saints II coming up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heart you. You are so adorable....may ye find ye pot of gold and the end of ye rainbow dear las...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are totally soul sisters!!! Happy St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the socks! coolest ever! color me green made ♪I just want to sex you up♪ pop into my head, as in Color Me Bad. I know, weird, but that's how my mind works. I love love love Flogging Molly, and who doesn't love Boondock Saints?! And the River dance? I like to pretend I can do it, although I'm quite sure I look something like a crazed whacked out redhead having a seizure, but I own it. Happy St.Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy St. Patty's Day :D

    love the irish socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy St. Patrick's Day! I love being a little bit Irish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha!!! well i AM irish...at least a little bit of me is! so there is that too! i love all your irish loves...ESPECIALLY the socks!! LOVE THEM!

    and corned beef and cabbage...mmm!!! think i may need some of that myself tonight! or at least very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. rainbow chip cake...LOL

    Top o' the mornin to you. Or afternoon. Or evenin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the socks!!! Happy St. PAtty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy St Pattys. LOVE those precious dogs.

    and Boondock Saints is one of my older b's faves too. I have never seen it. (dont kill me.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Irish are badasses. No question. That accent... oh man, I would do a lot of things to listen to that every day.

    I've seen Riverdance, and that mess was fantastic.

    Plus, who doesn't love two good-looking vigilantes whose only rules are "No women and no children"?

    If you want to be Irish, can I be Salvadorean?

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband loves all things Irish too.

    Happy St Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always wanted to have an Irish accent too. I could listen to them talk all day. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always wished I was too, COOLEST SOCKS EVER

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG woman!! i miss you sooooooo much!!!!
    i barely have connexion but obviously you and banana is ALL i could thought of once Ian the Captain came to me and said...Frenchie...i have internet connexion...

    I LOVE UUUUUU so much!!! and i miss you on that trip!!!

    talk to you a soon as i have network....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy St. Patty's day!!!
    I love the socks :)
    And happy birthday to Miss Frenchie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dude. I'm SO watching Boondock tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where did you buy those kickass socks??

    Boondock Saints is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always wanted the Irish accent.
    Hello, you didn't mention the Irish guy of the moment...Gerard Butler...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dude. Boondock saints...best ever! I have a crush on one of the brothers. Dang he's hot! But then i have my very own irish at home. Bow chicka wow wow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Boondock saints, how do I not know this movie?! Gotta get rentin'
    Have a great St. Paddy's...make sure no Leprechauns get your "lucky charms"!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stoppin from SITS! I have a similar pair of socks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ok I'm Irish/German but I've never had corned beef & cabbage. Cabbage (minus the 'slaw kind) is sick. I've never even had green beer. But I love me some Irish accents. hot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hmmm, ironically I just saw Boondock Saints for the first time this weekend. I fell asleep, I just didn't "get it"

    where's this guy goin? he's goin NOWHERE...
    ok so there were SOME good parts and that one guy, no the other one...wasn't half bad looking

    ReplyDelete
  25. michael flatley is pretty awesome. i wish i had his legs. happy st. patty's day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy St. Patty's Day!
    Love those socks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. those socks are knocking me out. i love them!

    i love you. i do. i do.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wish my name was Molly so I could make a blog called 'Blogging Molly'

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anything with a rainbow in it totally counts as Irish! You know we're corn-beefin' it up in here tonight!

    Your socks are NOT stinky. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You know, I USED to think I WAS Irish but Sean has been digging into Ancestry.com and so far I am not! He is. Hello...Sean (Irish spelling). His dad's name is Patrick and his grandfathers name is Paul Mahoney. They are from Cork Ireland. I love the Irish...almost more than Sicilian's...which I AM! We are doing corned beef tomorrow. By the way...I was wondering if you added green food coloring to your Red Bull?!? That would be HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy St Patricks day lady!!!
    Corn beef and rainbow cake sounds devine, and I'm wondering how Jordan can keep his hands off you when you have those socks on!!!

    I'll be rivet dancing later, and thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love me some River Dance!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hells Yeah to Flogging Molly & too Boondock Saints!!!! Love them!! Awww Happy Birthday to Mag! I miss her blogging!

    Happy St. Pattys day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'd just like some Irish luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. If the Cowboy had an Irish accent Id be done for!

    ReplyDelete
  36. MMM! I love corn beef and cabbage! Im not Irish but loved celebrating their day last night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. i crown you an honorary irish lassie! for life!

    and now i am adding that movie to my netflix q, as i have never seen it or heard of it! whee!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your St. Paddy's Day socks kick my socks' ass!!
    I am Irish... but not as cool as all of the Irish shit you mentioned... Hope your day was super lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I Love that I am 3/4 Irish! And I LOVE those socks! Those are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Ireland. If I ever win the lottery that's the 1st place Im going!

    ReplyDelete
  41. OMG. Those socks are HILARIOUS!! bahahha!!! Happy Friday lady!! Have a super weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. You are the Sunshine of my life...
    An award fr you at LifeMusic & Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  43. Chica...Feliz Dia de Santo Patricio!

    ReplyDelete
  44. How cute those socks were. I used to LOVE Boondock Saints, but in all honesty I only used to watch it in college....late at night....and that is all I have to say about that

    ReplyDelete
  45. I LOVE Flogging Molly!

    So, quick funny: The day after St. Patrick's Day I was working with some guys and one of them said, "Yeah, I had an authentic Irish night last night. My girlfriend is Irish and we went to dinner at her parents house. Her dad came home drunk and got pissed because her mother made mashed potatoes instead of boil potatoes, with the corned beef, and he threw a fit, screamed like a crazy man, so we left and went out for pizza."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...