The day has finally come. Another motherhood milestone to cross off the list! Today is Mason's very first....wait for it.....SCHOOL PLAY!! That's right ladies and gents, our little dude is making his theater debut. He's finally going to be able to showcase those acting chops! And I know I should be excited but I'm a little...well...nervous.
You see, Mason has the habit of saying and doing the most inappropriate things at the worst time. Like in the middle of a family dinner he decided to follow up someone's comment with a loud "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!" (that's my boy!! insert fist pump here!). Or at church when he decided to show me how he could fart with his armpits (which is actually impressive at such a young age!). Or at the drive-thru when he asked the cashier if he was chubby from eating too many french fries. Or at the market last night when he told the cashier he was going to stab him. You get the point.
So yeah, I'm a tad nervous. Here's hoping that Vet #1 sticks to the script!! But don't worry...I'm taking my camera along in the likely event that he doesn't. Note to self: crush up extra ritalin into Mason's cereal today.
Either way, it should make for a fun day. Watch out world, today, a star is born!
Happy Friday!
Happy Friday!












He'll do great! He also reminds me of my oldest, who has the same habit. Fun times, fun times.
ReplyDeleteCANNOT WAIT!!!!! i want a play by play of the action!!! um.especially if he comes up with some inappropriateness...because i am sorry but that is HILARIOUS...of course not when it happens to you...BUT when it's not your own child...well let the good times roll!!!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!! Good luck to Mason! And props to you for raising a child that understands the pure genius behind a perfectly placed "that's what she said"
ReplyDeletelove it!!!!
Aww! Mason will be the star of the show. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for mine to be old enough for school plays and such!
aww how exciting!! goodluck to the little mr!! :D
ReplyDeleteaw how exciting...wish him good luck with his debut :)
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure that my son might actually belong to you. He'd sure as hell fit in with your little monsters! When we're shopping, he likes to ask strangers if they heard him fart. I have to say though, I would die if he busted out a "That's what she said." Maybe we should teach him that. Lol! Thanks for the inspiration. He did learn a song from The Cleveland Show called "Balls Deep In Love". If you haven't seen it, look it up on YouTube, you'll die.
ReplyDeleteOh, how fun! Hope all goes well.
ReplyDeleteYAY for the Play!!! Break a leg Mason!!! Take video just in case!
ReplyDeleteAwesome. Hope everything goes great!
ReplyDeleteCamera? Girl you better bust out the camcorder, flip, whateva you got!!! if mason does something inappropriate (which i secretly hope he does), i want to see every little bit of it! And that's an order!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck mason!!!!!!
LMAO @ crunching up extra ritalin in his cereal!!! haha.
ReplyDeleteKids are so funny. I love it. He sounds like a fun kiddo :)
I'm sure he'll be awesome.
ReplyDeleteSweet! Hope it's fun AND memorable!
ReplyDeletelove those stories- too funny.
ReplyDeletewish him luck! im sure he'll do amazingg!
xx
I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!
ReplyDeleteI think he'll do an awesome job...especially with a mom that is kind enough to drug him up first ;) lol... you crack me up!!!
Good luck to Mason! I hope he gets his lines out perfectly without any embarrassing ad lib for Mom to deal with!
ReplyDeleteThe great thing about "that's what she said" is that it is cute at any age.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! As a former thespian myself, that's very exciting. I Hope my boys do some acting...lol
ReplyDeleteIt's so fun to watch your kids in school plays or concerts!
ReplyDeleteGood luck Mason!!!
ReplyDeleteaww how fun! Make sure you video tape it! It's always fun to watch back!
ReplyDeleteHow cute! I can not wait to hear how it goes and see the 5000 pictures you are sure to take. :)
ReplyDeleteStanding O for M!!
ReplyDeletehahah he sounds like a fun little kid to have around :) I hope he does great!!! I remember those were so fun when I was younger.
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK MASON!!!! and congrats mama!!! You must be so proud!!! {"insert fistpump here" HAHHAHAH hilarious!!}
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday lady!! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!!
That's so cute, good luck to him! Now I don't know about the stabbing people comment, that's kinda scary! ;)
ReplyDeleteYay for Mason!!!
ReplyDeleteTWSS especially from a little kid is hilarious! :)
don't take this the wrong way, but i kind of hope he ad libs a bit and adds some spice to that play! i am sure he will be WONDERFUL! he's your boy, afterall! :)
ReplyDeleteyay go mason!!
ReplyDeleteWe can't wait to teach our son, "That's what she said." My husband says it all the time, so it probably won't be too difficult for my son to pick it up!
ReplyDeleteAw! Hope it was all sorts of cute!
ReplyDeleteWhich Im sure it was!
I can't wait to hear how it went!
ReplyDeletethat is too funny! i totally wish i could see it! I am looking forward to the recap :)
ReplyDeleteawww, how exciting! i hope he (not literally) breaks a leg! good luck to your little man!!!
ReplyDeleteHope you bring a video camera to Opening Night, so we can enjoy the performance, too!
ReplyDelete