Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Grandma knows best...

It's not a secret that I HATE going to Wal-Mart. But sometimes...sometimes...I enjoy my visit there. Last night took the proverbial cake. Best Wal-Mart trip EVER! Hands down. Even better than the time that crackhead tried to kiss my kids. Blech. So grab a snack and a cold beverage and I'll tell you all about it...

Jordan and I had the kids in tow as we headed to the store. We had barely made it through the doors when I was approached by a sweet lookin' Grandma with a Betty White vibe. She stopped me short, clasped my hand in hers and proceeds to say "You are the most adorable thing!" Dang straight Grandma!!! I smiled at her and thanked her kindly, telling her she was too sweet. All the while, she kept her vulture grasp on my hand. Next she turned her attention to The Hubs and instructs him to "Tell her everyday just how adorable she is! Don't you forget it!" (Did ya hear that J? Everyday. Take notes!)

{Don't let the sweet smile fool you!}

Grandma loosened her grip, and just as I thought our little encounter was coming to an end she grabs me by the shoulders, pulls me in close, and tells me she's got a secret for me. I'm so close to her face I can smell the Poligrip. "Panties!!", she whispers. "Buy yourself 3 pairs of panties. Black, red, and pink. Got that?!" WHOA! Holy crap! In the blink of an eye Grandma's morphed from Betty White to Sue Johanson! I wasn't sure whether I should run or take notes...so I took notes.

{She's the sexpert}

"The men, they love that stuff. Trust me. And now, you've got to be a real babe in the bedroom," she purred in my ear "Mmmhhmm. You've got to make him want you more than those girls on Dancing With the Stars! You don't want your man to go looking in other ladies bedrooms." (For the record, he KNOWS better.)

So I assured her that things in that department are, ahem, covered and thankfully she morphed back into Betty White and continued lecturing Jordan all about cherishing me, being a gentleman, and all about how adorable I am. She counseled us to always express our love for one another and as she gave me one last hug she says "Hold on to this one, he's a hunk!". And just like that she was gone, and I was headed to the pantie aisle...

Grandma was a little crazy, but her eyesight was obviously perfect! ADORABLE FOLKS! Best trip ever.

{I found J some red pantaloons....meow}

36 comments:

  1. At least she knew what she was talking about!!
    How sweet. Guess it could have been worse, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty darned funny! Do you think she was being sincere or just off her meds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahhahahahahaha lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha this sounds like something my grandma might do; she rolls napkin joints and pretends to smoke them to get a laugh, and then she likes to talk about the odd Dr Oz show that she has watched where he talks about sex..always at christmas get-togethers--very appropriate haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, HellMart just brings out all kinds of crazy!!! But at least she got the adorable and hunky parts right! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I love this! I wish I could meet her! :) Good thing she gave you some advice! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I would DIE! You always have the best stories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, you gotta watch those crazy Wally world workers. I would have jerked backwards when she tried to grab me and walked away fast, I'm not into strangers touching me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's one sexy parachute....I mean pair of red panties! HAHAHA hot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Panties is not my favorite word. But you really are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahhah!!! grany knows what she's talking about!! lols...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, clearly you ARE adorable. So, yes. 20/20 vision on that feisty, old broad.

    Now, if that happened to me at Walmart, I might also learn how to not hate it!

    P.S. Love that panties are the secret.

    ReplyDelete
  13. well of course you're adorable!! You needed Betty White to tell you that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! I LOVE it!! I hope Im an awesome old lady. I cant wait to hand out sexy advice! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just about everyone in Walmart (minus the Clines) are completely cray cray!! I have completely boycotted the place (though I do miss their low prices).
    Nothing like a crazy Betty White encounter to make you cherish your man even more?!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow - that was certainly a successful trip. If someone even compliments my hat I get all excited :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. BWAHAHA!! granny got it right...nothing makes the men go nuts like black, red and pink panties. or dancing with the stars!
    hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? So did you buy panties? Are you now hotter than the babes on Dancing With the Stars? Are you hotter than Kate Gosselin?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been making a list of things I"m going to shop for in CA and now I'm adding black, red and pink panties to the list.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing your wonderful WalMart stories. I do not have one near us so I cannot easily go for entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That Betty White knows her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you're heeding her advice. It's all about the PANTIES. Ah ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LMAO to black, red and pink panties! Pink?!? Really??? I don't think you're going to find much in the way of sexy panties at Wal-Mart... Thank God I never encounter those "Wal-Mart people" when I go!

    ReplyDelete
  24. BWAHHH!!! that is about the most awesome thing i've read all day. i love old people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I got a pair of those in green just last week!

    We all fit into them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Out of control! I'm laughing still... at least she wasn't a crackhead..? Right? I mean it's hard to hate someone who sees how obviously beautiful you are!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lol...Grandma was going all Dr. Ruth on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! It sounds like a scene on a TV show or something

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey! I don't know if you remember me but we met last year at SITScation. I have a blog called Leelou Blogs. Anyway...I ran into your blog and you're FREAKING HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, my. This grandma definitely did NOT get run over by a reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear lord you crack me up. All I ever see at walmart are people that make me walk quickly to and from the parking lot. Though last time I did see a dude in Hammer pants tucked into Women's knee high boots. That was pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  32. No way, Alicia! I can't believe that. I think I'd like to go shopping with you sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. You and the fam are probably the best looking thing that's walked into that Walmart in a looooooong time! No wonder she was so enamored!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...