I've always noticed Mason has certain little... 'ticks'. He has these little ticks that just make him the crazy little crackhead spirited whipper snapper that he is. Like his OCD traits. Yesterday he was playing WII so mommy could take a nap as a reward for having a great day at school, and when I asked him to shut it off he literally had a meltdown because one of the ranking spots had a zero score in it. Let me explain, there were slots for 1st through 5th place, and he had only played 4 times...the fact that one of the spots said zero literally had him in hysterics. It had nothing to do with getting more play time, it was the zero that just plagued him. You could see it in his eyes that his entire mental balance depended on this zero being replaced with a score. The poor kid was losing it! So I let him play one last time, the score showed, and he was hunky dory. No zeros. Life is good. My own little Howard Hughes in training. Mama's so proud.
This got me thinking of the 'ticks' this little family unit has. Take Jordan for instance (bus...meet Jordan as he goes under it). Jordan HAS TO make the bed every night before getting in it. I KNOW!! That doesn't make any sense!!! Why make the bed when you're going to get IN the bed?? But whatev...he has to or he can't sleep. So last night it's about 1am and I'm nestled in bed dreaming of Jordan hand feeding me delicious pizza and chocolate shakes in his little loin cloth...yeah that's right...meoooooww...when all of a sudden hunky loin cloth dream Jordan turns into creepy-gonna smother your face with a pizza-freaky Jordan and I wake up to find him standing next to me MAKING THE BED OVER ME!!!!
Now I'm glad you've got to center your chi or whatever the heck you're doing, but you don't have to WAKE ME UP because you're OCD is on overdrive!!! It's 1AM! And I was PERFECTLY comfortable, thank you very much! Get the flip in bed!! And put the loin cloth back on!!!!
This got me thinking of the 'ticks' this little family unit has. Take Jordan for instance (bus...meet Jordan as he goes under it). Jordan HAS TO make the bed every night before getting in it. I KNOW!! That doesn't make any sense!!! Why make the bed when you're going to get IN the bed?? But whatev...he has to or he can't sleep. So last night it's about 1am and I'm nestled in bed dreaming of Jordan hand feeding me delicious pizza and chocolate shakes in his little loin cloth...yeah that's right...meoooooww...when all of a sudden hunky loin cloth dream Jordan turns into creepy-gonna smother your face with a pizza-freaky Jordan and I wake up to find him standing next to me MAKING THE BED OVER ME!!!!
WHAT. THE. HECK???!!!!
Now I'm glad you've got to center your chi or whatever the heck you're doing, but you don't have to WAKE ME UP because you're OCD is on overdrive!!! It's 1AM! And I was PERFECTLY comfortable, thank you very much! Get the flip in bed!! And put the loin cloth back on!!!!
So yeah....we're a little OCD up in this piece. But I can't say I'm surprised....Mason is exactly like ME!! HAHA!! Poor poor soul....I know exactly where he gets his crazy genes personality from! So you wanna know my biggest 'tick'? For the longest time, anything I did with my right hand I would mirror with my left. Discreetly though....it wasn't completely obvious or anything. So when I would write with my right hand, my pointer finger on the left hand would rub on the desk and mirror it. I've learned to control myself now, BUT now I have the awesome ability to do this....go on....watch it...
{my hands look freaky in that...stupid phone camera}
But anyhow...Now I write with both hands at the same time mirroring each other. It's like second nature now, but I bet you could do it. Go try, you know you want to...I won't tell...but let me know if it works! See....at least my weird obsession doesn't WAKE PEOPLE UP in the middle of the night and take away hunky mane meat in skimpy outfits with DELICIOUS pizza.....











I cant get the video to play!!
ReplyDeletelol got it now...you got skillz yo'
ReplyDeleteI used to do that mirror writing on my desk in elementary school. Oops.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I think I have it fixed now but if I turned around in a circle to the right, I would have to undo it by turning around in a circle to the left. Then I was balanced again.
OCD, why yes, thank you.
Funny thing, I can't sleep unless the bed is made as well. It is because I get tangled up in the sheets and can't sleep. Some strange form of claustrophobia I think. At any rate, I am guilty of making the bed over my hubby as well. But your hand thing is stinking awesome!
ReplyDeletelol..cute post. And yes I tried it and could write Alicia with both hands like you did. Not sure why I didnt write Vodka, my own name. :)
ReplyDeletexx
I like that he made the bed over your body. That cracks me up! CJ cannot leave the house unless he knows the televisions are off. And it makes him crazy when he comes home after I left the television on. Oh, and about a million other weird things. But I can't say I don't have my weird tics, too.
ReplyDeleteI can't do it. I wanna be able to do that. I'm so un-coordinated. I think we all have out ticks. lol
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing like climbing into a freshly made bed. Where the sheets and covers all all tight because they are firmly tucked under the mattress. If it's not made you have to almost fight with the blankets and sheets just to get you coverd correctly. It's the same feeling one proabbly gets when they climb into bed just after the sheets ahve been washed!!
I'm not OCD about it, but it does feel better and I sleep better too.
Oh that writing thing is way cool! I have to try! When my oldest was little I found out I could write with both hands, upside down even, and it was legible...who knew!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour OCD makes me feel better about my hubby's ODd (yes, I made that up and wrote about it and will probably write about it again!) Oh, and I tried your trick and I can do it too!! We must be cosmic twins or something!
ReplyDeleteI've noticed that when you feed "the monster" it gets worse, and you develop more and more ticks. For me it started with the closet, color coordination, long sleeves separated from short sleeves, then it moved to drawers. Then I had to fold laundry the same way. The cabinets in the kitchen were next, vegetables together with labels facing forward, then alphabetized came next. Can't watch tv unless all the movies in the case are in alphabetical order. I am getting better but if you don't stop yourself....it will consume you! :)
ReplyDeleteWoah...that is freaky! Pretty cool "tick" to have. My thing is that after saying a sentence I will count the letters in the sentence and then if it doesn't divide evenly it's very upsetting. I'll think of how I can reword it to add extra letters or take away letters so that my division is even.
ReplyDeleteI guess we're all strange in our own ways. :)
That is CU-RAZY! I have never seen that before. I am going to have to try it.
ReplyDeleteAnd I would kick my hubs Chuck Norris style...in the face....if he tried to make the bed while I was sleeping in it. Un-cool.
ReplyDeleteMy entire mental balance does hinge on my many tics...so whatareyou saying?
ReplyDeleteI can't even figure out what your hands are doing; and I am going crazy trying to figure out how YOU took the picture. hahahaha.
My youngest has so many rituals and tics it's scary. He can tell if his blankets are not on his bed in the correct order! His shoes have to be tied so tightly I'm surprised his feet don't turn black and die from lack of circulation. This when most kids don't even tie their shoes. gah.
OK aside from the freaky-cool hand thing, I am still trying to grasp the concept of why Mr. Loin Cloth makes the bed before getting in?!?!?! But, I confuse easily, sooo....:-)
ReplyDeleteThat hand trick is awesome!!! You're like a circus freak! haha j/k. I have to make the bed before I get into also and even worse if I get up in the middle of the night to pee often I'll have to remake the bed before I get back into it. I hate having the sheets all wonky. The boy "loves" this!
ReplyDeletewhoa whoa whoa!!! you're going to have to teach me that trick. it's AWESOME!!! i could never do that. my left hand tends to become shriveled and weak anytime it holds a pen and the writing, well you don't even want to see what it produces. but anywhoozle, you and your OCD family are quite the interesting bunch.
ReplyDeleteHe made the bed with you in it?
ReplyDeleteYou should clean the toilet while he's using it. It might get messy, but perhaps it'll clarify a point.
Oh my crap! That is hilarious! I have OCD; not as bad as I used to since I'm medicated and such...wink wink...but seeing all of that crazy handwriting is AWESOME!!! I can spell any word, ANY WORD backwards as fast as I can forwards. How freaky is all of this stuff?! I do feel bad for little Mason though... : /
ReplyDelete......................................... No way.
ReplyDeleteno wonder he married you.
You are crazy talented. Like someone should pay you.
ReplyDeleteI make the bed before getting in it too.....le sigh.
HUGS GOSSIP GIRL BUDDY!!! lover you!
okay- you are hilarious! and I can't believe he was making the bed over you, that cracked me up... sorry it interupted your wonderful dream.
ReplyDeleteAnd you are seriously talented... I had to try to write like that, it was a definite no go for me.
Hmmmm...what a genius, you are. Pizza and chocolate shakes?? Wow. Primo combo.
ReplyDeleteYou guys put the "fun" in dysfunctional.
ReplyDeleteI love it!
Leigh
My whole family knows, unless someone is barfing, bleeding or dying. NEVER wake the Mama.
ReplyDeleteIt would be like pinching a Yehti (you know, a Bigfoot)
i live with two kids who have asperger's "different" behavior is my normal, then again both Hubby & i are "different" too. i'm beginning to wonder what "normal" is anymore.
ReplyDeleteThose are some mad skills. I have to admit that I am somewhat jealous and about to try to do that myself.
ReplyDeleteI usually make my bed before I go in it or else the blankets are everywhere but where I want them to be. I could do it in the morning, but my husband wakes up after me, so there is no point.
OMG HAHAHA That's classic! My little OCD is weird...I eat but nothing touches my lips...I KNOW strange huh? If it does it like freaks me out...Phew...okay now I feel better I aired my dirty laundry....or Wait was that you who smells? HA!
ReplyDeleteOCD up in here too lady!!! I will stay up ALL night cleaning just so i can go to bed peacefully. My hubs will be sleeping and there i am vaccuming...dusting away :)- Now making the bed while he's in it sleeping...never tried that one. Maybe i should as an April Fool's joke though.
ReplyDeleteThe nintendo is a demon i swear. My son freaks on me if i say it needs to be turned off. But hey...it's on my side now, because damn X-BOX now flashed the RED LIGHT of DEATH...hehehe!!!
Ok, so I totally have to make the bed before I get in it too! Every time! I didn't even know that was weird. I think the most OCD thing I do is what my husband calls "petting the couch". I have a micro-fiber couch, and I like all the fibers to face the same way... I know, I'm crazy...Oh well!
ReplyDeleteLMAO!!!! You are insane!
ReplyDeleteWow, the mirrored writing is fascinating.
ReplyDeleteSo it wasn't until I was an adult that I was officially diagnosed with severe OCD. I'm now under control because of lexapro (bless lexapro) and I now realize how much of my actions were consumed by my OCD. My brain has never been so clear and able to process stuff as it is now. I'm also able to look back and realize how bad my ocd was as a kid and how consuming it was in my actions and thoughts. And yes, my Dad's side of the family are all OCD so it's now comical for me to visit them because I am under control with my ocd so they all seem bizarre to me in their rituals when just a few years ago they seemed perfectly normal to me.
What up, dawg! Yo, yo, yo! Sorry, I'm practicing my Randy Jackson voice. Why? Long story. Anyway, at least your hubs makes the bed. Mine hasn't made the bed since, um, since never. Oh, and he wears a loin cloth?! How awesome is that. I wish mine would wear a loin cloth instead of those baggy ass basketball shorts he wears all the time. Actually, I'd probably just laugh if he did that, which would totally kill the affect. How bout you send yours over in his loin cloth to make my bed, and I'll send mine over in his basketball shorts to, um, well to not make yours? But, he'll totally play WII with your kid for like, hours!
ReplyDeleteWhat a freak! You should join the circus! ;)
ReplyDelete...stopping by from SITS...
Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge
pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com
Wow, you've got talent! I'll have to try this out, now I'm curious! lol
ReplyDeleteLOL! You make my crazy look normal!!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's freaky!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try it later and let you know!
So cool but wierd! :D
dude i have SERVER case of ocd when it comes to certain things...i don't ever think about it until i notice i am doing it and then i am like whoa whoa whoa slow your roll lady and pull it together you are CARAZY up in here!
ReplyDeleteokay and that video...not gonna lie totally creeped me out...until i tried it and i can TOTALLY DO IT!!! auhmazing! may have something to do with the fact though that i was supposed to be left handed but my dad wouldn't let that happen and would always force me to use my right...may ma is left and so is my girl meghan...i love it! and you of course! even when you're coocoo for cocopuffs!
and LADY YOU DID NOT TEXT ME!!!! WHAT DID YOU GET LAST NIGHT?!?! DID YOU GET YOUR BOOT BOOTS?!?
I used to have cleaning OCD but it has subsided a bit due to the small apt. and constant clutter. When we get into a bigger place I hope I can embrace it once more.
ReplyDeleteLoin cloth...love it!
that is crazy! i'm going to have to try this later! the ticks make your family unique ;)
ReplyDeletewish i had dreams of my man in loin cloth feeding me pizza! ha!
Thats just insanity! And I LOVE how you're both ocd in your own special, crazy ways. I KNOW you've seen that show Obsessed right? Talk about weirdos.
ReplyDeleteBest loin cloth sexy time dreams! :)
the whole writing thing totally freaked me out and i was thinking you were the only person ever to do this, but wow, i can't believe so many others can do this too! i may have to try it. i totally straighten the covers before i get in the bed, too. even push and pull the top sheet out from under my husband WHO INSISTS ON SLEEPING ON TOP OF IT EVEN THOUGH IT MAKES HIS WIFE INSANE. ahem...sorry about my momentary loss of control. touchy subject.
ReplyDeleteHehehhee, I can't tell you how long it's been since I've heard someone use the term, "whipper snapper" heheheh :)
ReplyDeleteW.O.W.! little howard hugheses in the making! you are cracking me up.
ReplyDeletei had to fly up to northern california last week and i was a total fucking basket case about it. i had to run through all of the steps in my mind REPEATEDLY. get in car. drive to airport. park. take shuttle to airport. check bags. wait for plane. get on plane. fly. get off plane. get bag. rent car.
it went on and on and on, and my stomach and brain were still at full fritz mode. sheesh. we all do what we gotta do, even if it includes making the bed over mom!
I've got OCD in my family... I understand.
ReplyDeleteHOLY BALLS! I do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI thought I was alone in this OCD world! But i do this and have done this. People think i'm weird that I can write backwards like that w the left hand.
Another OCD of mine is that when gas is pumped into my car (by me or whoever else, usually the PoPo if he's there) it HAS to be end on a "0" or a "5" MUST! or you have to keep pumping. (keep what? LOL)
My boyfriend said he once had a girlfriend who could write like that. Pretty amazing! As for those quirks, I've learned we all have odd things we have to do. I, for instance, will rotate my wardrobe. I wear things in the order they are in my closet, front to back, and once I've worn something, I wash it, then place it at the back of the closet to rotate forward again.
ReplyDeleteThat's freaking cool!
ReplyDeleteThere for awhile I tried teaching myself to write left handed, only because I think it's neat. LOL But I failed miserably.
*sighs*
I have OCD somewhat. But nothing like making the bed with my boyfriend in it. lol I'd probably have had to get violent *haha*. My OCD is mainly I can't have the forks/spoons/knives mixed together in drawer, they have to be in their spots in the silverware rack. I also can't handle having a mistake on a written piece of paper. You don't know HOW many notebooks i went through in HS. *ugh* Thank heaven for computers or there would be no trees left on earth because I had to throw away the paper if it had 1 little mistake on it.
ReplyDeleteWhoa. I am WAY jealous of that skill! I think I'll spend the rest of my work day practicing! I have to have the TV and radio volume on an even number AND when I take off and land in an airplane I have to have both feet on the ground and be looking out the plane window. I help the pilot land. Pretty nice of me, right? When I was little I used to count the amount of letters in words people said and add them up for the entire sentence. Super weirdo.
ReplyDeleteOMG Alicia - you crack me up so much! The reason I am sitting here LOL is because I am living with a husband who does the same thing to me when it comes to fixing our bed covers - his OCD drives me NUTS some days too - especially if he wakes me up to do it! HA! Men!
ReplyDeletewhoa that is skills right there.
ReplyDeleteI should try that my name is kinda long though...thanks for sharing your randomness!
You continue to amaze me with your random talents. I didn't know Jordan was a freak like that though! I have to admit, I like to climb into a freshly made bed, but I'm not a nut about it!
ReplyDeleteSyd is OCD too, and sometimes it's easier to just go with it and not drive them insane. She HAS TO shut the van door herself...if I hit the button before she pushes it, I have to open in again and WAIT for her to close it. That's just one of her ticks. I can't wait to discover the others as we go along....(not)
I wish my husband would show and interest in making the bed; with or without me in it!!!
ReplyDeleteGuess we all have our own idiosyncrasies. I wrote a blog post last year titled "the OCD'er feeds the fish" about my compulsions while watching the neighbor's fish :D
Haha! Funny post! Cool Talent! :o)
ReplyDeletei cracked up laughing imagining Jordan tuck you under a made bed...lol...and those seriously are skills girl, i tried it and mine came out shitty.
ReplyDelete