WRONG!!! That is unless your best friend leaves you steaming piles of mudbutt at 5 IN THE FRIGGIN MORNING! I'm pretty sure my bestie doesn't....I'd be slightly alarmed if she did. But for some reason Sampson and Bruiser thought it'd be a great way for Jordan and I to start the day. Screw birds chirping outside the window, the aroma of hothole is the way to go.
So there we were at 5 in the flippin morning, donning rubber gloves, undies, and scowls scrubbing doo doo butter out of the carpet. Well....Jordan was scrubbing the carpet while I had the important job of holding the trash bag and replenishing paper towels while trying not to dry heave at the same time. But I got to thinking of why exactly we still own these dogs....I mean in the last 6 months alone they've eaten a highchair, destroyed a baby jumper, demolished our backyard, raided the diaper genie...and that's just the beginning of the list!!
So why exactly do we still have these dogs? And why are they not on Craigslist?! Well because of moments like this...
{ The mudbutt bandits strike again!}
{He takes his bodyguard role very seriously}
{Snuggle time}
{Slippin' Daddy the tongue....blech}
{Throw me a friggin' bone here}That's why they're still here...for now. It may even have to do a little bit with the fact that they're so loyal, smart, loving, obedient, protective members of our family....maybe a little. I'm SO glad the puppy stage is finally over!! But if I have to wake up to Montezuma's revenge all up on my carpet again then we're gonna be having ourselves a little boxer giveaway! I'll even throw in a leash.
pee esss...holla holla to all the new readers! so glad you're here!! I can't wait to get to know you all better! I'm only slightly crazy....promise. HA!












"the aroma of hothole is the way to go"
ReplyDeleteBWHAHAHA! LADY! You have a gift with words OMG!!!
Awwwww...the fur babies, SO CUTE but so naughty. The one with Presley is freakin adorable...
LOVE me some boxers. Love you, thank you for being there and not thinking I'm a l-o-s-e-r! LOVE YOU to pieces! May your dogs never do that to you again!!! :)
dude...you're so freaking funny! you sure know how to turn my crappy Tuesday-i'm-stuck-in-training-out-of-hell, in a much happier one!
ReplyDeletethese dogs are adorable...think i might need to go see mine this weekend for some frenchie luurrve...
btw...at least you didn't WALK in it at 5am...yes i have...on my way to the shower...not such a nice sensation...
OH yes...I've been there. And actually I've woken up to the cat dry heaving more than a few times too. I'm remembering (not so) fondly the time I woke up to start my day, slid my feet over the edge of the bed (covered in hairball) and planted my foot right smack dab in the middle of a gargantuan splut of kitty barf. The best part of wakin' up....is NOT hairball on your foot.
ReplyDeleteThis post cracked me up! I especially like the first two doggy closeups...too cute. And I sincerely hope they have better BOW-l control next time. (Get it??? Bowl control...bow-l..*crickets* Right. It's probably too soon for me to show my horrible sense of humor. TOO LATE.)
We just got new carpet...I can't wait for it to be christened with doggy doo. At least my dog is too small to eat furniture...
ReplyDeleteOh gosh I know. I have the same love hate relationship with my pets.
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute. The Cinco de Mayo picture was hilarious. They look like a fun part of the family.
ReplyDeleteThose darn cute dogs! They act cute after they do something bad and they KNOW they are in trouble. My parents bought a new puppy who was born the same day as Madi and he is a bigger baby than the actual baby! He takes her toys and runs off. I swear he's teething and destroys EVERYTHING in his path, but he's so dang cute!!!
ReplyDeleteaww they are so cute!! minus the whole shit thing!! I just asked myself that about our dog the other day! ugh! they steal your heart in one moment and then you can never kick em' out. That's how they getcha!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to get out of the puppy phase. Big one ate up my daughter's flip flops last night..and when I say ate, there was just a flip left, the flop was gone! Love the stache!!
ReplyDeleteMine housetrained really easily (I know, right?) but just the mere quantity of fur... fur just flies in the air...
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you made a story about cleaning up poo funny. Love it.
more power to you girlfriend! i have enough human messes to deal with on my floors. i think dog ones would put me over the edge!
ReplyDeletehehe... a hate having "presents" from the fur baby!! but they are totally worth it in the end...
ReplyDeleteWhich is why I don't have a dog... and to her new readers she IS crazy.
ReplyDeleteand that was funny. I didn't realize there were so many different words for shit...
xx
oh my gosh...the photos are the best...i LOVE boxes and even with your horror stories of foul over processed dog chow on your floor...i would take one in a quick second...
ReplyDeletethe one in the bowler hat is sheer http://kai41megh.blogspot.com/...when i come to visit (soon!) i better see that framed and in your house...preferably in the guest room so i can fall asleep with a smile...hahahaha!
Very cute puppies....
ReplyDeleteI'm not a dog person. I've owned dogs and I liked them but I hate dog hair...with a passion!
I love dogs but would have so been puking with the whole poop thing.
ReplyDeleteOnly you can turn steaming piles of dog shat in to something freakin hilarious!!! Yeah, we dealt with crap and puke from our little furball last night. Well, the hubs dealt with while I slinked away to another room!!! Still, that furball is family...we deal!
ReplyDeleteMudbutt? Flippin hilarious! Poo automatically triggers the dry heave in me. We're screwed when we have kiddies.
ReplyDeleteCUTE pups! Love me some boxers!
LOL mudbutt now that is just wrong. LOL They are the cutest dogs I've ever seen. I think maybe I'd even keep them!
ReplyDeleteNo matter what they do or how much you gag, dogs are worth it! ♥
ReplyDeleteYou had me at "mudbutt bandits" and I'm just in stitches over here with all your different words for poop. Hilarious!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, too hilarious!! Great way to perk up this rainy dreary morning down south. I love my furbabies, even the one who keeps leaving a night deposit in the back living room...blech...but at least it is solid and easy to deal with!!
ReplyDeleteBleeck, I hate when that happens! The good times do make up for it...almost...
ReplyDeleteAhhh nothing says waking up like the smell of dog doo. I was wondering the why do I still have this question yesterday as my puppy chewed up a brand new sippy cup, two bottle nipples and had to be taken out 8 zillion times.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA!! Hothole, that word is hilarious!! Titan has not had that in awhile (Knocks on several things that are wooden.....oh please god don't smite me for calling out fate like that....) I love the pics of them!
ReplyDeletemudbutt. hothole. doo doo butter!
ReplyDeletehahahahahahahaha!!!
oh lady i have had my share. my dogs are cute but they are ASSHOLES. swear! they are the like the shitty kids on the block and when they cry, dude...they sound like inbreds dying. i sometimes wish i could kick them to the moon but i can't because i love them so.
and your pups are adorable so keep 'em. a little doo doo butter never hurt nobody.
ICK!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is EXACTLY why we will never own dogs. Sheeesh girl, three kids and dogs???
You are crrrrazy....
But, that's just why I love you!
oh no! that sounds horrible!
ReplyDeleteat least your mudbutt pups are cute and sweet though!!
my dog has a pissing problem...ugh, i don't even want to think about it. too frustrating! but he is the baby of the fam ;)
you poor thing. i would have wanted to give up the pups too but how could you give away your loyal smart pups? they are soooo cute!
ReplyDeleteI posted this way before you were reading my blog, but there's a woman in my condo complex with a boxer, who "walks" it outside her car. I took a picture. She drives around with the dog on the leash while he runs outside the car. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteLOL Omgoodness girlfriend - you are so freakin hilarious and I never know what to expect when I visit your blog every morning and I love the unexpected! :o) xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteyou always make me laugh! i love you for that. those photos are priceless!
ReplyDeleteThese pics are AWESOME! I tried to put antlers on our boxer one year...mmmm hmmm. Good luck. She chewed on them instead.
ReplyDeleteBad bad dogs! Oh they were naughty. I have that problem occasionally, but mine are Chihuahuas so even if they do leave butt treasures, they are teeny tiny.
ReplyDeleteAnd I can't believe you are telling your new readers those lies. Woman, you are just as crazy as me, and that's pretty C-R-A-Z-Y! :P
Love!
My dogs have been doing that lately to us too. Dang dogs. So they spend the night in the ice motel once or twice. AKA, the garage.
ReplyDeleteYour pups are adorable. I couldnt' get mad either. We are currently without dog so I have to say that clean up doesn't sound fun.
ReplyDeleteThey ARE really cute though! I have a boxer too but he's crate trained cause I do NOT do poo. At. All.
ReplyDeleteIck.
omg! they are ridiculously cute and you as always are HILARIOUS!
ReplyDeleteMud butt is good. We call it liquid butt, but I like your term better. It is at moments like those that you find yourself thinking about all the pleasures of a dog-free life, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping the bandits have left your house.
Hothole? You are a freakin crack up! I understand the love/hate relationship with the dogs, I have the same thing with my 2. Thankfully though no crappin' in the house...blech
ReplyDeleteWe had dogs, we kept them till they met their maker, it was sad...I don't miss them.
ReplyDeleteYour use of the phrase hothole had me laughing out loud... ahhahh hahahahahaha!!
ReplyDeleteYeah... pets can drive us nuts sometimes, but they do seem to always redeem themselves in the end....
that pic of your pup sleeping with your little girl is too precious...
raided the Diaper Genie - I would not have wanted to be at your place the day of that incident!!
ReplyDeleteLove the antlers!
ReplyDeleteThis is why I don't have pets. I seriously couldn't love anyone or anything enough to scrub their poo out of the carpet at 5am! It'a hard enough to clean up my kids' puke when they are sick!
ReplyDeleteLove this: "the aroma of hothole is the way to go."
ReplyDeleteSometimes, you just manage to paint such a vivid picture for me that I swear I can almost smell the toilet fodder.
You have over 300 followers?? You're a beast! Good for you!
wow!! thanks for the sweet welcome note ;D
ReplyDeletelove the dogs you have, despite their naughtiness haha:P
"The aroma of hothole." Now THERE'S something you don't hear everyday!!
ReplyDeleteI HAVE woken up to that...and it's RIDICULOUS! Nothing smells nastier.
I'm still laughing...you and my BFF Joanna are bad for me...I have a trach, so when I laugh really hard I can't breathe... Joanna says I'm her favorite person to make laugh...Hmm.....
We could never have dogs that big. For one, I'm worried that dogs that big will try to eat me. I'm afraid of big dogs, I admit it...
ReplyDeleteDon't forget your 'old' readers. :-)
ReplyDeleteI for one would have sold my house before tackling that mess. I don't know who would buy a dog crap filled house though. I guess I would just have to walk away. I love it when I leave my whole thought process as a comment, don't you?
UGH!!! NASTY!!! the pets sure are good and bad. poop. ugh. UGH. i have two cats, and one has a TERRIBLE habit of shitting anywhere but the litter box. it is MADDENING. absolutely maddening. i cannot figure out what his problem is. argh.
ReplyDeleteomg you are freaking hilarious! My dog did one better lol. He decided to take a dump in our spare bedroom...oh wait there's more....he then proceeded to put his paws in it and spread it ALL OVER our walls! Like he was a 5 yr old finger painting! lol! Gotta love our dogs! :)
ReplyDeleteNow, you wouldn't put your cute little doggies on Craig's List, would you? I understand the gag reflex all too well. Cat barf triggers it in moi...
ReplyDeleteI have to say, I've never heard the term "mudbutt." I like it! Those photos are so cute ... except for the tongue one. Don't dogs eat their own ... you know ... feces? Blech.
ReplyDeleteYou'd do it every morning before you let those dogs go!
ReplyDeleteAww those big ole bruisers, they are so cute! Makes me want to talk all stupid and be dumb, because as long as you talk all sweet they wag their little stumps and dance around you....No matter what you say, you could tell them you are taking them to the gas chamber and as long as you are sweet and stupid they will be all excited!
ReplyDeleteBoxers are so dang cute!!!! Theys big ole sweeties yes him is!
Love the pics and your sense of humor!!!
ReplyDeleteSmooches,
Sassy Chica
Yea you served up more pictures of your dogs!!! Love me some puppies and I cannot wait to have one of my own.
ReplyDeletehahaha we have cleaned this mess up more than I'd like to admit. We take turns dry heaving and gagging. You have to really love them to do this!!
ReplyDeleteSo they take after you, huh? Totally kidding! They're too cute.
ReplyDeletehi! great pics!
ReplyDeletestopping by from sits to say hi!
wish you a great day,
justyna
We all have had the pleasure of stepping in cat gak in middle of the night in my home. This really pisses my husband off! He made the fatal error of charging the cat while he was mid throw which left a trail of puke going down the hallway... did it twice before the man caught on not to charge athe cat while puking!
ReplyDeleteBut nothing beats the cat gaking up a freshly digested chipmunk in front of company...
Hard not to love your animals when the are so entertaining.