Friday, May 14, 2010

Summer lovin...

Last year I was pretty much dreading Summer. I mean, I had experienced the wonder that is free daycare public school, and I was totally loving my down time during the day. I didn't know what the heck I was supposed to do with 3 kids home all day. Raise them? I was terrified!!

Right now, I'm actually excited for Summer. This could be the delirium setting in because it's 2 in the morning and I can't friggin SLEEP! But the thought of a Cali Summer full of late nights, lake trips, watermelon, road trips, slip-n-slides, and flip flops sounds pretty dang good!

I'm ready for it. I've stocked up on otter pops and sunscreen, and I've got enough beach toys to supply the whole neighborhood. Let the Summer games begin freaks!

Here's what I'm most looking forward to....

1. I don't have to be up at the buttcrack of dawn shoving cereal down The Dude's mouth and dropping him off at school in my house robe and bed head.

2. I can pelt the kids with water balloons as hard as I want and they think its FUN! SUCKERS! Talk about a stress reliever.

3. I can toss some bubbles in the kiddie pool and count it as a bath....right? two birds, one stone.

4. We bbq all Summer long which mean The Hubs cooks since I can't even start the grill! And I don't plan on learning how any time soon! Score.

5. The kids wear just bathing suits ALL summer long which means way less laundry for me.

6. Popsicles are totally an acceptable meal.

{Nom nom nom...}


See? Sounds pretty friggin glorious to me. I guess there is a flip side to it...like the fact that it gets insanely hot and I get swoob (sweaty boob). Or the fact that I actually have to shave. Boooo. But all in all I've got high hopes for Summer 2010...20 days til the school doors close...let the insanity begin!!

Happy Friday Folks!!


ps- go check out Project Mommyhood's 2nd Annual Mommy Blogger of the Year Contest and nominate your favorites!!

37 comments:

  1. hey todat Thursday may 14th
    i love summer i enjoyed summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally identify with your list of upsides!

    Pelting the boys with water balloons = AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post!!! it actually makes me crave summer even more now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I could survive in a world without popsicles in the Summertime, nor would I want to...lol, I pretty much live on those things :)

    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have a Pebbles swimsuit when I was younger.

    If I still had that swimsuit, I'd wear it all the time.

    I mean... it goes with everything, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. As hard as it may be to believe, I'm actually looking forward to this summer too...minus the contortionist leg shaving and the excessive sweating that I'm sure to be doing. I'm really liking the bubbles in the kiddie pool idea. That way Logan, Vivienne, and I can all get a bath! I'll need as many shortcuts as possible if I'm going to survive 3 months of maternity leave with a 3 yr old at home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swoob!!! OMG! Thats just awesome right there.

    You could shave IN the kiddie pool.. That whole 2 birds one stone thing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I love that summer = grilling season = husband-only cooking. Like you, I refuse to learn how to start the grill. Guess that means he has to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to blow your mind....hold onto your socks. A shit ton of people do not know Otter Pops.

    When you stop screaming, I can point you towards a post I did a couple months back about Otter Pops and people thought I was a lunatic for even suggesting them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm....popsicles...the best summer meal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy summer to you!!! I wish I had a summer.. but regardless, I can still eat Popsicles for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for summer! And more nude Hoff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. um yeah, I'm going with the delerium theory. ;-) Sorry, not quite on board YET!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Popsicles! yummy yummy! I totally understand swoobs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE Popsicle. :)

    Bring on the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Huge fan of summer. Huge hater of swoobs, which I was totally unaware of the awesome name for until just now. Seriously learn something new everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY!! me too! I am so excited for the summer!! ARE WE THERE YET?!?! LOL ;) Happy Friday lovely lady! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tans....don't forget that beautiful summer bronze! I think I'm liking your list....very very much

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so with you on the hubs grilling! It's nice when we grill outside because boyfriend at least as the meat to take care of. Then all I have to worry about is prep, sides, clean up... wait a minute... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't cook in the summer, either. My husband grills. He has asked me if I would come outside so he can teach me how to use the grill, but I come up with an excuse every time. I don't want to learn. I'm free in the summers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. dude! this just MADE my day!!!! i LOVE the pelting of the children with water balloons!!! hahaha friggen awesome!

    the grill...yeah if it isn't c turning it on then that baby goes without any action from this lady!

    and running around in bathing suites with popcicles is the best...i may even let the girls do it too this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Work sucks :( I only get 1 and a half days of vacation a week. JEALOUS!

    SWOOB!! I totally get it

    ReplyDelete
  23. I totally am looking forward to not having to get my kids up and on the bus in time. Also my older kids will be home all day so I can make them do stuff for me that I don't feel like doing :X

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't have any kids, but I kinda want to spend my summer with popsicles and bathing suits and kiddie pools. Maybe I can install one on my roof.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay! I'm so excited Jordan gets to cook for us too! And we get to pee in your pool and borrow your toys! Wahoo! And all I can say is the lake trips better be frequent! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm soooooooo looking forward to summer, too! The end-of-school hubbub is getting to be waaaaaaaaayyyyy too much for these old bones to handle...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mmmmmm. Ice pops. I lived on those things as a kid. I'm feeling great about summer this year too...totally atypical of me. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the bath idea and water ballons, HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  29. SWOOB! Ha! Ha? Yuck? No, I liked it. Who doesn't like having sweaty boobs?? Dip your swoob into that bath you described and there's 3 birds with one stone. Talking about score! I also really liked how you called your son "The Dude". I have two sons & I call them "Dude 1" and "Dude 2" all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so ready too...except for the heat part!

    ReplyDelete
  31. As a teacher in free daycare, I mean public school, I LOVE summer.

    I think the pool as a bath only counts as long as their is not some neighborhood kid swarming in it in a diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  32. hmmmmm good to know that bubbles in the pool count as a bath! I love summer time except when it get over a 100 here for like a good 2 months ugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I definitely have high hopes for this summer; besides taking a summer course 2 nights a week, it should be good! And seeing as I can't find a job yet, I've got a lot of free time!! Hello camping and beach days!

    ReplyDelete
  34. SWOOB. How did I never think up a name for this? I hate it. But everything else, I love! Our neighborhood pool opens in 2 weeks! Bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your summer sounds pretty flippin' fantastic... I love those popsicle things. YUM. I eat about 80 of them at a time... surprised I have any teeth left.

    Swoob?!?! Hahahahaha... miight be my new favorite word.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. swoob?! oh lady don't get me started. i get it bad. i'm talking mary carey style. okay maybe not that bad.

    yay for summer time. my reasons for loving summer are a little different but it's all the same love ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...