Forgive me if I'm rambling incoherently...my kids are sick and waking up at 10 minute intervals...so needless to say I'm friggin tired. But on the bright side, Jordan is tucked away drifting off somewhere in never never land snoring like a frackin banshee. Isn't that great? Yeeaaahh. Remind me to tie all of his shoe laces together tomorrow. Jerk.
But since I'm awake I'm going to take advantage and introduce you to someone near and dear to my heart...and kitchen pantry. I've been fortunate to have found some really awesome friends in life. And while I have a select few I call my besties, I have to introduce you to the original bestie. She's the OG of my bestie world....the Romy to my Michelle...she's Megan....
It all began when I was 12 (holy days ago batman) and this little hooligan from across the street would come over and try to barter her Hansen's soda in exchange for a Pepsi, I was happy to oblige. She had an uncanny way of showing up every time the Schwann's man was there delivering ice cream. So, I took it upon myself to show this girl the finer things in life...and the pantry. Our love for food developed into an amazing friendship that I've treasured for the last 14 years.
From sleep overs to motherhood, we've been through it all together. Countless inside jokes (you ate yours, these are mine!!), countless heartaches, countless laughs. We've swooned over *N Sync together and held eachothers new born babies....The ups and downs, good times and bad, I know she'll always be there for me...with a carton of nacho's in one hand and a fountain soda in the other. That's my girl!!!
So now that you guys have met, go on over and say hi...I finally got her to start a blog. GLORIOUS!!! Just be nice...or I may have to kick some butt!
**this post was part of mama kat's workshop**
peeeee es- i did a little guest post...head on over if you get bored..and don't forget to enter the giveaway!!!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












Sorry your babies are sick. Hope they get better soon!
ReplyDeleteMe and my bff met in 4th grade. She's the best!
awwwl Besties are fab. I can totally relate. mine are awesome too.
ReplyDeletegreat writing. laughing here like a mad woman
The intro to this post is so ironic considering Toot woke up at stupid 5:00 this morning and the hubby is sleeping peacefully while I have to pry my eyes open with toothpicks...
ReplyDeleteI hope your kids feel better soon!
My best friend and I have been friends since we were 12 and I can't imagine life without her! It's so awesome to have a close friend like that!
Isn't it fun getting long term BFF to do stuff you do just so you can have more stuff you do together. Why do ya think Too Fatties is heading out to Vegas with me? That's right baby, 'cause I didn't want to go it alone:). And, I've known her since I was 13, kinda like you guys, only we've been together a little longer since we're older. Funny, we too share a food obsession curious how come ours shows all over our thighs and hips and bellies and backs and yours and Megan's shows, um, nowhere. Ok, maybe I don't want to see you all hottied up in Vegas:(
ReplyDeleteSorry about the kiddies and hope they get well soon.
ReplyDeleteYou're lucky to have a BFF who loves you and gets you.
I hope it isn't the pig flu and I hope they all get better soon. Heading over to the blog!
ReplyDeleteOooh... who was your favorite N Sync-er? Come on, fess up. There's no wrong answer here (unless it was Chris).
ReplyDeleteIsn't it great to have besties!!! When i was younger my sister and I were at odds becuase I was an *nsync-er and she was a die hard backstreet boys! LOL....Just dropping by from SITS! 80)
ReplyDeleteYay! I always love new friends!
ReplyDeleteBye bye bye... can you see me doing the dance?
What a great friend you are to send your friends to your besties blog. That is a true friend! Can't wait to learn more about her and hear more of your untold tales. I am sure there are tons!
ReplyDeleteHope your kids feel better soon. Checked out your buds blog and love Mad Men just like her! Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteI can SO picture my hubby sleeping through the whole thing too! yeah for besties!
ReplyDeleteoops! i forgot to leave a comment here!
ReplyDeletei jumped to Le musing of moi (still crying over the pug...)and then the link you gave for that brilliant post of Summer and then went onto megan's blog!
hope you managed to get some sleep and that your kiddos are feeling any better. (not asking about the hubs who apparently got all his beauty sleep!)xxx
You have an adorable blog. I will definitly take a stroll over to your BF's blog as well. I love the sweet story of how you both met. I'm visiting from SITS. Nice to "meet" you!
ReplyDeleteOooooh, how selfish am I? Texting pictures of shopping all the while you have sick babies?!? Will you ever forgive me?
ReplyDeleteYour bff is adorable, much like you....and I love that you guys bonded over food.
mmmm.....food.
Btw, a million thanks for the awesome guest post! That bed...ugh, amazing.
You da best girlfriend.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteConsider yourself lucky to have a friend from childhood. I'll be lucky to have a friend from college lol
ReplyDeleteah, friendships created over someone having better food than you. classic.
ReplyDeleteThat is really cool that you still have that connection as best friends. Just awesome. That friendship has lasted longer than most marriages!!!
ReplyDeleteSick kids are so not the coolest! Hubbys always get to sleep while we slave away. You should put worms in his lunch.
ReplyDeleteI wrote about my bf today but in a totally different fashion. I'll be sure to check her out.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading her blog (so much that I actually became a follower). She's a pretty hip chick :)
ReplyDeleteoh hey megan! what up yo!
ReplyDeletewe've already "met" and when she told me she was your bestie, her coolness factor went way up. anyone that's friends with alicia is a friend of mine.
going to check out your guest post now...PEACE!
Your friend is beautiful : ) What a nice thing to have someone to go thru life with you! I hope your kids feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteGreat post......you and your bestie sound alot like me and my bestie! Oh and your husband does the same thing as mine when it comes to getting up with a sick baby! Hes always the first to go to sleep! im gonna try the tying his shoe laces thing...hahahaha
ReplyDeleteOH...EM...GEE. Alicia this seriously just made my day, especially now that i'm thinking about 7/11 nachos!
ReplyDeleteyou are the macaroni to my cheese....the peanut butter to my jelly...the pancake to my syrup...how many more food analogies can i come up with? thank you so much for posting this!
you guys are all awesome, and i hope you all get to experience the type love that Alicia and I have for each other. she is one of the very few people in my life that i can ALWAYS count on to be there for people, especially when i make stupid decisions and feel like everything is crashing down. she's been a wonderful blessing in my life for the past bazillion years and i dont know what i would do without her (or her food stash).
LOVE YOU BESTIE!!! (despite the fact i've lost my Big Spoon/sushi buddy due to your difficult as hell intestinal system. arggg)
ahhh, it sounds like you guys (gals) :) have an awesome friendship. So excited to meet her in Blogland :) Thanks for sharing! Sorry you were up late and hubby was snoring away! :)
ReplyDeleteAWWWW MEGAN SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH!! you're so good to me!! and don't worry...you and i are planning a cheat day....bring on the cookies & cream and the mikunis....its gonna get rough up in this piece! love you!
ReplyDeleteI had to stop by and say... You and I have the BEST NAME EVA! :) Oh, and you have a fabulous blog. :)
ReplyDeletenow i am calling you MRS. CHEESY CLEAN - HA! and i went over and ready your pal's blog and became a follower - what what - and am back to say that i love blogging about BFFs too!
ReplyDeleteHope the little ones feel better soon and be careful not to catch it!
ReplyDeleteit is good that have a friend like that.
ReplyDeleteTotally get the BFF stuff... I have been blessed with one since age 12 too! Just stopping by from SITS!
ReplyDeleteMake it a great day!
Awesome! Too cool that you've been friends that long. What a treasure!
ReplyDeleteArent besties great! I cant wait to check her out...ya know in a non perverted way
ReplyDeletei hope your babes are feeling better soon and you get some sleep!
ReplyDeleteheading over to check out your besties blog now :)
Ohhhh I'm sick like your kiddos, want one more?! haha kidding I hope they all feel better!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY for best friends! She sounds like a doll!
I'm off to check out your guest post! Love you lady!!! Get some rest!
Well, it's fantabulous to meet Megan! :) My daughter's name is Meagan (pronounced MAYgan as she repeatedly reminds everyone). I'll go over and say neiner, nei... errr, hi.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear the icky icky poos have descended at your house. I hope someone brings you appropriate gifts of appreciation and gratitude - whatever those may be for you.
Toodles!
Besties are the BEST! BTW, hope the kids feel better. I am in the same house boat over here and it SUCKS!
ReplyDeleteI'm stopping by from SITS again. I just thought I'd share a bit of comment love. I'm so sorry your kiddos are sick. That stinks. It is hard having sick kids.
ReplyDeleteNow, besties are truly awesome! I have 2 that I've had since I was about 11 or 12 y/o. We all still stay in contact with each other to this day even though we don't live close together any longer. It is truly amazing how, no matter how much time goes by between talks or visits, we can still pick up right where we left off and it is like we were never apart. They are like sisters to me and I love them so much! They would do anything for me and vice versa.
Well, I hope and pray your babies are well soon. Take care of you.
Teresa <><
http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com
Let's hear it for Megan besties! And the cake was delicious from what I could tell from the one bite I had. The wait staff mistakenly cut the whole cake and didn't save us any. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteSo great that you two are still so close!!! Great post, a great honor to besties everywhere!
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Cameron from
Conquer The Monkey
Awww... besties are lush (as we say her in Bristol!)
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna go and check out her blog now!
Oh and I love that you call your boy a jerk. You're so my kinda gal!
LBM xxx
Now you will just post blog notes all day to each other!!!! NOT GOOD!!! I hope the kids are keeping it in the toilet for you. I hate shaking the sheets out from the vomit!!! Or, wet vacuuming the floor at 2 am.
ReplyDeleteThis made me miss my best friend. She's in Ohio and I'm in Wyoming. Hmph.
ReplyDeleteYep I am LDS. 80) You crack me up as well. I will definatley keep reading! 80)
ReplyDeleteaww you are so sweet! it is such an amazing experience to have those unique besties!
ReplyDeletewhat a tribute to your bestie. I have a feeling you've got quite a few besties. (counting me, right. bahahaha. jk)
ReplyDeletegoing to check her out. you know what I mean.
What a nice post about your BFF...if you both love NSync you gotta go to Shopaholic Social Worker's blog and check out her new blog with her BFF all about NSync. :)
ReplyDeleteAwww, what a good friend you are!!! Is there anything you are not good at?!? :-)
ReplyDeleteUsually friends leave. If she does, you can just leur her back with a brownie. I'd totally come back for that too, though.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the sick lil ones! I just popped over and your blog is adorable! COunt me in on following you lady!!! Welcome to your friend!
ReplyDeleteHope the household feels better soon and hope the hubs loses some sleep!
ReplyDeleteAnd friends that eat together stay together. I'd be your friend too if you gave me a pepsi over a hansen soda...ick!
Heck I'm easy I would have been happy if you told me to have a coke and smile and shut the hell up! haha
I'm picturing you guys swooning over N*Sync together :D
ReplyDeletehey now...Hansen's soda is good in moderation. cherry vanilla creme...mmmmm.
ReplyDeleteright guys?