Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend wrap-up a la PMS style...

Another weekend has come and gone in the House of Cline, and nothing terribly exciting to report. It was pretty low key. We spend our weekend tending to some sick babies (no fun), kicking soccer hiney...

{Mason's team won, whoop whoop!!! You go baby!}

....and watching a whoooooole lotta football! GLORIOUS! Plus football goes hand in hand with food, so needless to say, the bean dip was flowin' like manna from heaven...mmmm

{check out my moves....gotta protect my bananas!)

What could be better than good food, good company, and good games??? I'll tell you what, the Colts trashing some Seahawk boo-tay! Suck it Seattle!!

{Touchdown chest bump! And yes, we wear matching Colts shirts, we are that couple}

And after a long weekend of nursing our lil'bits back to health and watching the 49ers waste the Rams(...anybody catch that game??) I needed to unwind a bit, ya know, pamper myself and whatnot. So I busted out the nail polish and set to work on my hooves, when all of a sudden this happens...

{Daddy can suck a mean foot...bwahahhaaa!}

Yeah, that's for real, just ask Liz!! My scrumptious piece of man meat came and starting blowing on my toes so the polish would dry, I didn't even ask!! Well trained...I mean AMAZING, isn't he. Serious moment: Jordan is such a giver. From day one he has always been the perfect example of selfless love. He's taught me what it means to truly give yourself to a relationship and to love with all of your might and all of your heart. This is why after only knowing him for 55 days I knew I could spend an eternity with him. I knew if he loved me even half as much as I loved him, there wouldn't be anything that we couldn't overcome. And so far, so good....this may seem trivial, but it's the little moments like this that show me I'm always on him mind...that my needs are important to him...and my happiness is happiness to him. It may seem like just a picture to anyone else, but to me, it captures the very essence of his giving heart...if we could all love without restraint, without fear of rejection, without putting our needs first, and without conditions, wouldn't it be amazing? It doesn't matter if you know someone for 1 day, 55 days, or 3 years...it's the quality of love, not the quantity of time...

Whoa...ok, sorry to dump that on you. Holy PMS batman! I get emotional and love sick...its a bad combo!! So yeah, that's what we did this weekend...haha!

And last but not least!! The winner winner chicken dinner! Congrats to Court and Tim....the proud new owners of the mustachio cork and charm set!!

And thank you so much to the amazing Atlanta for hooking us up with a little summin summin from her fabulous etsy shop, the Cupcake Concubine. If you haven't checked it out, GO DO IT! It's beyond cute!! Have an awesome Monday folks....only 4 more days til Friday...shoot me in the face.

51 comments:

  1. You are hilarious!


    I know all about emotional honey, I'm on hormones...oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing...Big Man gives me mini pedicures, and I couldn't appreciate it more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny as my husband would NEVER blow on my toes like that....too many years of marriage lol...

    PMS, don't even get me started.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you always make me laugh :) wish you guys a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah, your blog cracks me up. I love it. Hope your weekend was great and that you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband fixes and brings me my coffee wherever I am. Like you said - such a little thing - but so big...

    ReplyDelete
  7. GO NINERS! WOOOOOOOOO! That was the sound I heard from Hubby (aka the displaced California resident who is true to he team fo life) this weekend. No one got smacked around here 'cause Daddy's team won! Woohoo:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe. SO sweet. I know exactly what you mean. It really is all the "silly" little things.

    Completely unrelated: It occurred to me that I love your kids' names, and that I am going to try to pressure you into helping me find baby names. Even though there is no baby in my immediate future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the picture of you, but you should frame him blowing on your toes! I agree with you it's the quality of love, even though I dated my hubs 7 years before we got married I knew we would on our first date. I just waited for my parents to pay for an amazing wedding! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww, you almost had me tearing up! Your hubby may actually be just as sweet (if not more) than mine. I thought I had the market cornered on sweet husbands. ha! No, seriously, most of my friends' husbands wouldn't do that...I don't even think my husband would. :)
    And I love that you have matching shirts. We have a few sets of them. We need some matching Husker shirts for the whole family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad there is another couple out there like me and my sweetheart! People think we are still newlyweds and we are always referred to as "THAT" couple. Glad I am not the only one.

    I can hardly believe I can say this, but HOLY COW my Jaguars won again. That's two in a row. Miracles do happen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want matching shirts...I wanna be "that" couple...I sometimes think Dr. Hubby doesn't want anyone to know we are together...heehee! I think it has something to do with my maturity level...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you protect your bananas. That's important in life.

    I'm glad Jordan is good to you, otherwise he'd need to protect HIS bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh seriously that is too sweet and the matching shirts is too hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha yep-- you were all over the place but I loved it! What a good man!! plus, a girl that loves football as much as me? you're a girl after my own heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww so cute and I totally agree. Kristian and I got engaged after only 6 months which I know many people thought was fast (we started talking marriage after only 2 months) but when you know you know. He's the most amazing person I've ever met. Sounds the same with you and Jordan! I'm so happy you have such a wonderful hubby and father.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are too cute!! loved all the pictures especially protecting your bananas... haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dude whatever!!!! FIRST off if the Seahawks quarterback wasn't hurt, we would have creamed you guys. And especially if we would have been rocking our new lime green jerseys. I mean you all got lucky on Sunday. YOU BARELY WON!! PAAAALEASE, there is no way you all will even come close to the superbowl and if you do, the Seahawks are gonna Stomp all over you!! YUP, so what now huh?

    okay what the F88k am I thinking, I know we suck, we were beat horribly, it was terribly humiliating. I knew it was going to happen before the game even began. However, A girl can dream can't she?

    ReplyDelete
  19. dude, i left a comment earlier, don't know what happened to it! must have closed the window too early as my boss was walking by...ha ah! i was just saying that you were a real sunshine and on that rainy monday, all the luuuuve of your post was heartwarming...
    hope y'all feeling better. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing. I feel the same way about my hubs. Keep it up, we just had our 27th anniversary. Stay strong together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you two are freakin adorable!! i love it!!

    have to say you are lucky your man is the giver in your relationship, i am the giver in mine...i gave my fiance a foot massage the other night...after hockey! what was i thinking!?! i should have at least put on mittens first!

    whatever makes the relationship work, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Chest bumps are totally what makes football ROCK. And it's great to have that type of relationship, I don't know what I would do without my husband. Aww...and I'm not even PMSing:P

    ReplyDelete
  23. bwahahahahahahaha!!! i freakin LOVE you my little cheesy pupusa! your love story had me all choked up...and i'm not even PMSing! you and jordan are an inspirational to us all. now if only i can get dave to blow on my toes...hmmm...

    yay for mason kicking soccer butt...yay for the colts' win...yay for chest bumps all around! woop woop! never a boring day at the cline house.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey, I like Annie's idea! I think I need a foot rub. Really though, I was just trying to get you done sooner so we could watch my National Geographic show on Air Force 1! Didn't work...Booooo.

    Olive Juice Lover...

    ReplyDelete
  25. {sniff} I'm like bawling and laughing at the same time...must be PMS here too! You have a beautiful family!
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a good man, blowing your toes.

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG Alicia! Your serious moment has brought tears to my eyes. Goodness girl... I cannot start crying up at work. lol. I really really hope to find love like that one day. I refuse to even be in relationship if it is not real! My friend once told me that I could have a man, but that I don't beacuse I won't settle. (This was not from a mean place. She was just being honest) I won't either. What is the point... you know. I know that I will be blessed with true love someday! I am glad that you have found it! You have such a beautiful family! Really! Thanks for reminding me that love like this still exist! Have a fabulous week! I know. Monday came much to fast for me! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awwwww...sappy and sweet. Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. ah, it's so cute to see you all sappy! crazy football gal and sappy gal all in the same post. awwwww

    happy monday doll!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow, what a guy. two of you sound so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  31. OH LADY!!!!! You are SUCH an inspiration to me and so many, like I told you...I LOVE THIS!!!!!! I love what you guys have and I hope it happens for me. I love our talks and the fact that I can email you at 1 am in a love panic. haha. JORDAN IS SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!

    You are the cutest thing. I can't wait to go shopping at HM with our men!!

    LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your hubs is well trained! So is mine...I like to crack that whip on the Cowboy from time to time

    ReplyDelete
  33. My fiance and I wear our Colts jerseys to watch a game. We look pretty ridiculous. I don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ya'll are just too cute! I love the matching shirts and the sweet words...it's so nice to see a happy couple in this Jon/ Kate world!

    ReplyDelete
  35. SO sweet. And I couldn't agree more. I knew really early on how amazingly selfless the hubs was and how lucky I was to have him. Glad I finally got on the nice guy train. Ah ha. And you would think PMS was catching through blogging. I've got a mean case.

    ReplyDelete
  36. My hubs doesn't "do" fee but otherwise he's a giver too. The other moms are all jealous cause he brings me goodies from the concession stand. Baaaaaaaahaaaaaaa! Wrap that in your ducky sweaters ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  37. ...doesn't do FEET, that was supposed to say...

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love that you wear matching Colts shirts... and your love story (PMS inspired or not) is amazing... I am so jealous you found someone who would blow on your toes for you... maybe someday I'll find that :) You're a lucky lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. It IS the little things! 1000%. Just between you and I, I think we have two of the best men on Earth...and I've always thought you were perty (you remind me of an old friend of mine), but damn lady, you are SMOKIN hot in that banana pic! Way to kick butt!

    ReplyDelete
  40. You are such a adorable couple :)

    SE x

    ReplyDelete
  41. sweet! nice to read such positive thoughts on a monday from hell!

    ReplyDelete
  42. You are too cute. Love that Heisman move with the bananas.

    But really...must we tell Seattle to suck it?

    LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Sounds like a great weekend. I noticed though that you did not watch the awesomeness that was Penn State this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'd be afraid if I let hubby blow on my toes that he'd want payback of a foot massage or something and there's no way I'm going into that cornfield.

    ReplyDelete
  45. who are you and what did you do with cheesy?

    jk...I've always known there was an inner sensitive soul willing to share her innermost deeply felt feelings underneath all that cheese. Forever.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Okay 1st PMS sucks....I really think that since I am done having kids I should get the added bonus of being done PMSing....dont you think??

    And don't even get me started on sick babies...ugg...

    And last....a COLTS FAN??? Ohh Alicia I had higher hopes for you than that! HAHA Coming from a true TITANS FAN!!!! =) I know they suck this year what can I say Fisher needs to pull his head out!

    ReplyDelete
  47. You're absolutely hilarious! This is my first stop into your blog and I love it! What camera do you use to give your pictures that aged/vintage feel? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...