Monday, August 10, 2009

Baby Showers and Crisco...

On Saturday, Le Brooke and I hosted a faaaaabulous baby shower for one of our besties, Eliza. After many late nights planning, glittering, cooking, and decorating we managed to pull it off. We were ready to shower said baby. We were so happy to be able to spoil our niece-to-be with tons of mouthwatering food, amazing decorations a la Brooke, and great friends. Here are some photos of the festivities...for your viewing pleasure...

Scrumptious goods made by the baking master, Courtney...


The delicious spread, complete with virgin mimosas and chocolate covered strawberries....
Nom nom nom..


Some of the adorable little touches from the bird themed shower...


The gorgeous mama to be opening all the loot...


Me, Courtney & baby to be, Eliza & baby to be, and Le Brooke..


All in all it was a fantastic affair! Eliza, we love you, but I'm SO glad it's over!! HA! Now we have to start planning Courtney's! WHOOP WHOOP!!!

So wait...you're probably wondering about the crisco. Well, you know how every group of friends has that one crazy guy that will do, say, and eat pretty much anything? You know who I'm talking about. Ours is lovingly nicknamed Dizzle. This guy equals hours and hours of entertainment, oh let me tell you!! I once got him to eat a sandwich made with jufran banana sauce, peanut butter, ketchup, and tartar sauce. Vomit in my mouth. Well this weekend....I got him to EAT CRISCO!!! SEEEEEEEE!!

Blech. Seriously gag.

We videtaped the horrifying incident, but trust me, you don't want to see it. Just thinking about it makes me dry heave. But since he was such a good sport I decided to make him a special treat.

A personalized chocolate covered banana...
awwww, I'm so nice.

The rest of the weekend kind of paled in comparison. Just the normal stuff like Presley peeing ALL OVER the floor and having horrid stomach pains for cheating on my diet. Nothing exciting. What about you?

47 comments:

  1. What a fun party! I loved your dessert table... very nice!

    Now poor Dizzle - bad girl, Alicia, bad girl!

    See you around;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the dessert table haha I wish I could have tasted them cupcakes :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun party! Love the personalized black bananna. Those are hot. You sound go to market with that concept. Have a good one Alicia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww the shower looks like so much fun!!! good job with the planning! everything looked delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful display of treats! Nice. I love when food is threaded through kebabs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok this guy is hilarious! but the special chocolate banana for him made my laugh even more!

    the baby shower looks like you had fun girls! and the food looks delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh forgot to tell you... apart of following you now, I put you on my J'adore blog roll. Hope you don't mind...

    bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what Crisco is..but the sandwich you made him eat that time is seriously making me gag a bit ... yak!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...chocolate covered bananas were my craving with my second pregnancy :) Had the hubs running out for those at weeee hours of the day. What a sport!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All those goodies look yummy! And I love that banana!
    That guy must have a stomach of steel if he can eat all the stuff you make him eat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute shower...crisco! that is so gross!

    Choco covered banana...you naughty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fun...and i am a sucker for showers solely for the food and i would have been all over that in a second!! YUM!!! and your poor friend...i don't know how much i would love you after that...actually probably still a.lot but i wouldn't be calling for a few days...haha!!

    loveah you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I DO have that friend!

    He will almost anything willingly. I don't even have to bribe him with anything.

    The watermelon dipped in buffalo sauce (trust me, the smell was foul) got my cookies up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crisco?! BLUAH! funny though and I now want a plate of choc covered fruits! yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ya know?, the Crisco thing KINDA makes me glad we live 3,000 miles away. *Vomit* Thats just wrong. Funny, but wrong. The strawberries and the baby showers make me wish we didn't live that far away. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those yummy treats look...well, YUMMY! And I love the birdhouses, I may have to steal that idea from you for the next baby shower I host. LOVE that you got your friend to eat Crisco, that's hilarious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute shower! I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries like no body's business.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It all looks sooo yummy. What a lucky lady to have such a baby shower. Stopped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey!
    collect your award over at my blog!!

    http://diaryofanallpakistanigirl.blogspot.com/2009/08/another-awardfrom-girl-who-is.html

    nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. you have all this yummy food on here mixed with your bud eating crisco! ha!
    the shower sounds like it was fun though! cute pic of you girlies :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry to hear about the accident and the stomach pain. But the shower looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is SO gross!!! Why must people prove themselves by eating things that could make the on-lookers vomit too?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a fun party. does your friend do those things for money or just to gross everyone out? also, i can't imagine kissing this guy. ever. especially after that banana, peanut butter, ketchup and tartar sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow you plan one fun party! all that food looks so good. i love your blog alicia...it is so entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  25. cute shower! i so love a good theme!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The shower decorations were adorable and the food looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You guys did a wonderful jobn on the shower. As for Dizzle or was it Drizzle. You need to give him the cinnamon challenge. Bet him $20 he can't eat a tablespoon of cinnamon and get that one on video. It's impossible. YOu'll pee your pants as he chokes and puff of cinnamon smoke come out his mouth. lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mr. Fairway is crazy like that. One of his "party tricks" is to consume an entire martini glass. I'd hate to see an ex-ray of his stomach! Your shower snaps are so delightful...do you hire out for other special occasions?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I want to come to one of your parties.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You guys know how to put on a party. Are you free next Feb? I have a bridal shower that needs to be planned :)

    I have an award for you if you would like to come pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The real question is, Why did he eat the crisco?

    ReplyDelete
  32. That looks like a beautiful shower! Oh and if you could send me the leftovers...on ice...that would be fab!

    The crisco, that makes me want to hurl. And the chocolate banana? Um that is a bit scary and perverted LOL

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awe! Super cute! You girls sure are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a pretty shower and Mama!

    Ew...crisco.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my gosh, sounds like so much fun!!!
    That chocolate covered banana sorta is disturbing...
    Are any of your family or friends ugly, or at least plain?? Cuz you all are seriously pretty, sickness.
    WHAT is that crown looking thingy in the first picture?? I like it a lot! I think it's cool lookin, is it just decoration??

    ReplyDelete
  36. It looks like you have a fun group of friends!!! You all did a fabulous job on the shower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Omg you are HILARIOUS. I'm kinda gagging at the thought of eating crisco...but in other news the pic of the 4 (6) of you is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm seriously gagging over the Crisco! And that shower looks like it was so precious. I want to go to town on that food!

    ReplyDelete
  39. That first photo is gorgeous!
    Crisco NAST!
    That Banana...phallic

    ReplyDelete
  40. The baby shower looks fantastic. Wish they did things like that here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Ah the baby shower looks fun, Ihave never been to one before :(

    ReplyDelete
  42. The other week the one year old I nanny for got in the pantry and started eating crisco....seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  43. you ladies are like mini martha stewarts - what a great party - love the cute birdhouse theme

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a spread! Lady. I'm impressed.

    K - I need to know what you promised Dizzle to get him to eat Crisco....seriously, so sick. That picture is hawt though! Nice banana.

    You make me laugh so hard, I think I'll skip my abs workout tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Awesome shower! The food looks delicious! Hmmm...maybe I should hire you to make the food for the shower I'm giving in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Totally cute and fun shower you had..
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...