Here's a little something about me you may not know....I am a HUGE Elvis fan. Yeah. I'm pretty awesome, I know. I may or may not have even named a child after said Elvis. Granted it was a girl, but that's neither here nor there. Either way, Presley is a dang cute name. But I'm getting off track.
I'll be the first to admit that Elvis in his later years was on a downhill slope. He wasn't quite the musician, entertainer, or person he had been in his youth, but he was still The King. And he will always be The King, despite what Kanye West may think, no one will ever take his place.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













i didn't realize presely was named after elvis, it is such a cute name.
ReplyDeleteyeah, i don't know who kanye west is in those stupid sunglasses that you can't see out of.....
Right there with ya, girlfriend!
ReplyDeletep.s I have always loved the name Presley
I never knew that's where Presley's name came from! You're so right though..it's adorable!
ReplyDeleteHey, as long as you didn't choose the name Presley because you ran into the King in an Arby's in South Dakota while you were pregnant, I think you're all good.
ReplyDeleteAwww that is so cute that you named her after him!!! I love The King too...thank you thank you very much
ReplyDeleteMy boyfriend was telling me during all the Michael Jackson hoopla that before his death, Elvis Presley had also fallen from grace. I didn't even realize that. I thought he'd been huge from the beginning of his career all the way to the end.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you were a huge fan, but that DOES make sense, I can see it now! :)
ReplyDeleteKanye West sucks dirty dog butt. Yeah, I said it...
Macey
Nothing wrong with likin elvis. I think every now and then eveyrone should lift there lip and put on thier blue suede shoes.
ReplyDeleteMy youngest was born on his bday. Her middle name is Grace. She always asks if she was named after Graceland. I'll never tell.
ReplyDeleteI totally love Elvis too! (And Presley is a cute name. Heck, I almost named my son that!)
ReplyDeleteNow you have made me want to shake it to some Jailhouse Rock!! lol...
Young Elvis? YUM.
ReplyDeleteMy lovely late Nan was born today so I will celebrate two wonderful people's lives. I really like young Elvis, even his films. Oh, and the theme tune to Vegas, "A little less conversation.." made me get up and boogie everytime the show came on. Used to crack my husband up
ReplyDeleteLove me some Elvis! Seriously, the man was hot in his day. I was only 7 when he passed on but I remember watching coverage on TV with my parents. They were both so upset. :(
ReplyDeleteI love Elvis too! There's a scene when he dances in GI Blues that I have to stop and re-watch over and over again because he's so cute.
ReplyDeleteI went to Graceland when I moved cross-country. It was the ONE stop I had to make.
I love Elvis. My Mama used to watch all those old movies of his and that's where I really learned to swoon over young hot Elvis.
ReplyDeletehaha. that's cool. elvis was pretty rad.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Elvis!!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally jealous you got to name a child after him, no way B-rad would ever let me get away with that!
There aren't even words. I just....
ReplyDeleteI love me some Elvis too!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love your daughter's name! Can I steal it if I ever have a girl?
Shake it girl...now if only you could learn to play the guitar. Or maybe you already do :)- Miss ya lady!!!
ReplyDeleteI've often thought of naming a child after my favorite dead golfer, Payne Stewart. I like the name Payne, and I'm sure it would be fitting after labor, but I don't think Sean would EVER go for it. Presley is perfect.
ReplyDeletepresely is an adorable name!! i love it!
ReplyDeletehave fun shakin it girly ;)
He died???? WHAT???
ReplyDeleteHe was soooo hot before the bloated strung out on drugs phase
ReplyDelete