Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'd rather give birth...

This whole back-to-school thing has just thrown me off! Showering before noon??? That sucks!! And less time for blogging? Well that's just stupid. However! I do need to tell you about today...

For starters, I HATE going to the dentist. I detest it. LOATHE IT! I would rather give birth to triplets than go to the dentist. Well today I had to go to the carnival of horrors and get a temporary crown put it. I've had this appointment scheduled for weeks. Circled in black marker with unhappy faces on my calender....mocking me. At last the time arrived.

I took a deep breath and stepped into the office when the anxiety hit me like a ton of bricks. As I sat in the chair waiting for the doctor to come in, his assistant came in to do the prep. His gorgeous assistant. Sigghhh. As if coming in wasn't hard enough, now I have to stare at her while she vacuums spit out of my mouth? Perfect. Why couldn't I get the haggard looking chick in the other room?! This was already off to a bad start. I was ready to just cut my losses and make a run for it. Who needs teeth, right? Meth addicts don't, why do I? But the doctor came in...dun dun duuun!

He was ready to get the party started, let me tell you! 4 shots of novacaine later we were having a rousing game of 'how many metal tools can we stick in alicia's mouth at once'. Loads of fun. Truly. I would have been paying more attention to the game if I didn't have the lovely assistant staring at me with her giant doe eyes while spit and residue splattered all over my face and in my hair. I'm pretty sure I had a booger or something because I swear lovely assistant Bambi was looking up my nose the whole time. It didn't help that I had to fart so I was squeezing my butt cheeks together like there was a hundred dollar bill between them, in fear of letting out a silent but violent! Dang IBS.

Once the dentist had done his dirty work he left me in Bambi's hands so she could place the temporary crown. This would have been fine except for the fact that Bambi was completely incompetent. As she set, reset, and removed the crown time after time after time after...you get the idea....well I thought I was going to hog tie the chick with floss and make a break for it. I can just see the headlines...."Crazed drooling woman goes on dental floss rampage"....But on the bright side, in between the pain and the frustration I caught some pieces of the Beach Boys 'cocomo' playing.

FINALLY she set the dang thing and told me to rinse. I threw back the mouthwash and began to swish it around when I noticed it dripping all over the sink and my shirt. Apparently my mouth was still numb and I was drooling...slightly...a LOT slightly. Let me tell you I make one heck of an impression. I looked like the Joker on crack with half my mouth slightly curved down with a line of dribble running down. But at least it was over...for now!

All I know is the next time I go, Bambi better go frolic in a field or something because there's no way she's touching these pearly whites again!

Peeee Esss: I've been a bad blogger, there's a lot going on, but I will be back commenting soon!

57 comments:

  1. ahh I hate dentists! ok... I don't hate them, I just don't like them much but WHAT I don't like MORE is bad teeth and bad breath so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i feel you on this one!!
    after a few years of root canal after root canal....i finally found out that because of a vitamin d deficancy....my teeth were NOT absorbing calcium...so they were just breaking!
    totally weird!

    but i'm hoping that now the doctors know that....maybe it will be easier to keep the teeth that god gave me!
    (lord i hope so!!....root canals are not only annoying and painful...but expensive too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping in from SITS to say hello! Hope you will do the same! :)

    I think the pictures of you and your hubby at the top of your page are so cute! It makes me want to drag my BF and get some just like them!

    Have a wonderful day! :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh damn i hate dentists too and i really need to make an appt next month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry sister. That is the worst. Hopefully the worst of it is over and you will only feel better from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ughhh hate it! but you are soo funny girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. freaking hilarious as always!!

    and bad blogger no...but i do MISSSSSSYOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to go TODAY! How crazy is that? Okay, not really that crazy, people go to the dentist all the time...but, I am having the exact same thing done as you! Except the crown is going on a tooth that had a root canal years ago and recently broke in half. The good thing is that I skip the root canal portion. The bad thing is that they have to somehow pry the 10 year old filling off in order to "prep" it. Thank God for Novocaine!! You go back in three weeks for the rest? I have to...yeah for us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "It didn't help that I had to fart so I was squeezing my butt cheeks together like there was a hundred dollar bill between them, in fear of letting out a silent but violent! Dang IBS."

    Of course with my warped sense of humor, of all the post, this is the thing that caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate going to the dentist too. Luckily the dentist I had back I Dallas didn't have any hot assistants for me to hate, only ugly ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you poor dear! I get sedated for stuff like that. Shoot, I'd get sedated for a cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I detest the dentist too but I sure loved your retelling of the story. I wish you would have 'flossed' Bambi and shown us pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't hate the dentist but it's just one more thing on the list that I don't really get excited to do. However, my dentist is pretty funny since he talks to himself the whole time in a very low & slow voice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1st off...hilarious.
    2nd...you chose novacaine over laughing gas? You?
    3rd...I would rather go to the 'female' doctor than the dentist. You are not alone in your loathing. Hope that makes you feel all better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dentist, doctor......even nurse......not a favorite for me. Sure, we need them but in a better world.... ;-)

    Have a beautiful day

    oh hey!....did you get a new toothbrush? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. You poor thing! Too bad you couldn't have accidentally spat on the girl. Whoops! :) Hope your toofers feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My Dentist in Louisianna (the one I went to right before we were supposed to go to Bahrain) was A BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL man. I mean hunk of delicious man meat. Ugh... so I think thats even worse then the Bambi. Cause atleast she didnt have your heart rate up! (or did she? ;) ) lol. Ok, but I CANT WAIT till you get your BOX!!! Tee heee! I cant wait... Im probably more excited than you are! lol Ooo and I LOVE my purse btw! =) I swapped it out in the car after getting the mail.. while I was driving!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I once had a friend who got a job through a medical recruiter. His ENTIRE business was providing medical workers to medical offices and hospitals and such. The reason he had a business was he ONLY provided extremely attractive females. Perverted doctors and dentists (of which there are obviously quite a few) come to him knowing he'll staff their offices with attractive women...but this friend is incompetent. She's been fired from every job he's sent her to within months because, guess what? When you hire based on looks you take your chances on whether or not she has the skills or smarts to get the job done. It's so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  19. There really is nothing worse than going to the dentist. I'm with the other chicks, I'd rather have my annual whosit checkup.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, I totally understand the need to recuperate after that ordeal. Don't worry, we'll be here when you're ready to get back to blogging and commenting. I don't know how you mustered the will power not to punch Bambi in her head, I would not have been able to resist! Feel better Ms. Cheesy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. AHHH, I mega-loathe going to the dentist's office. I'll go to the eye doctor and have that puff of air shot into my cornea as many times as you need, but the dentist is a big fat no.

    I hope you tried to spit up on Bambi. She earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know what you mean. Just ask me how long I've been putting off my cleaning. And, the best part? My boyfriend wants to be a dentist! One day I might be MARRIED to one of those freaks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it. Hate it.
    The post. The dentist.
    You know.

    ReplyDelete
  24. blech. I have been avoiding going to the dentist for WAAAAAAY too long. Not looking forward to it. PS, totally farted at the gym this morning. At a tough guy gym, not a commercial gym. So embarASSing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh, you know Sarah is doing the same thing today! Dentist trauma.
    Did you ever read my post about dental trauma? Boogers and such. Yuck.
    Uh, wait, I see Taylor K said she farted at the gym this morning, so I must go see her now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. ha, too funny!
    i do not like the dentist either! i avoid it like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Um yeah, I would rather give birth to triplets too (But I must tell you the giving birth to triplets part is easy its everything else that it hard.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. How come everyone I know is getting violated by the dentist this week?!

    BAMBI. lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. *raises hand* I hate the dentist too!!!

    It took me almost 10 years to go back. Ugh Ugh Ugh. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard...

    Damn Bambi.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I feel your pain sister. 2 crowns and we're going for a third. Woo hoo. Hope you aren't in too much pain!

    ReplyDelete
  31. haha, that is funny that she was incompetent, i mean if she's gorgeous she can't be great at everything, that's just plain unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  32. ugg I hate the dentist too, and after the one crown I got I swore I would go in faithfully...yeah...sure...they've been calling me for 3 months to make an appointment LOL

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dentists & their doe-eyed assistants are evil. Pure evil.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Haha...that was funny!

    I dont care for dentists either. I cant stand the noise the drill makes when it's touching your tooth...ahhh (*cringe*)...

    ReplyDelete
  35. bah. going to the dentist is such a drag. and an incompetent chick at the helm makes it a whole lot worse! hopefully you don't have to go back for a while.

    if i could, i'd go for you, and you'd have to go to the doctor for me. fucking hate going to the doctor. i'd almost rather croak than be subjected to THE DOCTOR.

    ReplyDelete
  36. ugggggggg.

    this post made me gag a little but not your fault. i despise the dentist probably more than you do. and let's not get started on the assistants...

    anywho, no bad blogger here. take your time. we're not going anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thats where we wanna go...down in cocomo...Aruba, Jamaica....

    ReplyDelete
  38. LMAO Poor you!

    I hate all the needles and the drooling when I go to the dentist too! yuck

    ReplyDelete
  39. Tortured by Bambi to the tune of Cocomo, what could be more like Hell on Earth?? Sorry hun!

    I've had 3 crowns myself, stupid genes, and they are SO BAD!

    And, silent but violent? I choked on my dinner of PB&J! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  40. HA! I TOTALLY know squeezing the butt cheeks together -can't believe you said that tho...or maybe I can.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  41. ick i hate dentists too!!! dread it everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  42. too funny - good work holding it in...BTW, what is it with pretty dental hygienists- the one at the periodontist's office I go to has porcelain skin and beautiful features. Makes me wonder why someone so hot is stuck looking in people's mouths all day...If I was that hot, I'd not be a hygienist. What a waste of hotness ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Why are most dental assistants really cute? I think it's to make everyone feel even worse when they're at the dentist. I actually don't mind the dentist, but only because I like to focus all my hate onto the doctors office....

    ReplyDelete
  44. LOL If you farted, you could blame it on the assistant. LOL Kidding!

    From SITS :D

    ReplyDelete
  45. Are there human beings that don't hate the dentist? Doubt it. I think if my insurance didn't allow me to be raped every time I went, that would probably help a bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hot Danm, that was a funny story!!

    I am not a fan of the dentist either...but having teeth does make me look better and eating easier, I suppose.

    Smooches,
    Sassy Chica

    ReplyDelete
  47. That was such a funny story but only because it happened to YOU and not to me. Glad it's all over now though. There really isn't much worse to me than a trip to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I hope your mouth is back to normal now.

    I hate the dentist too. I've needed a bunch of work done for years...but I keep putting it off.

    I think my wisdom teeth make me smarter....

    ReplyDelete
  49. UGH!!! I totally HATE the dentist! HATE HATE HATE!! UGGGGHHHH!!! I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  50. * Popping in from SITS!
    I can't stand the dentist either, I feel your pain. I had to get all four of my wisdom teeth pulled and had to mentally prepare myself for it and asked to be completely KNOCKED out! I didn't even want to know what was going on. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh my, this made me laugh. I can completely relate to this story in EVERY way! However, try having to go through all that then finding out that part of the porcelain on the crown that just got put in is cracked and you have to come BACK so they can CUT the crown out and put in ANOTHER one!!!! Yeah, still haven't gone back yet. Stopping by from SITS, the picture and the self-proclaim of total awesomeness hooked me because you know, awesome people are drawn to one another :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. I can top that...I had THREE crowns put in last year. Apparently I grind my teeth when I sleep. Wowser...not a happy camper was I!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Your not a bad blogger!! You just have a family.

    I love the vision of the mouthwash drooling all over your face! Nice

    ReplyDelete
  54. Well, at least you go to the dentist. I haven't been in years because the idea sends me into a panic attack...

    I'll be writing about the dentist tomorrow since I do take my children regularily and they went a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hey girl,
    I am stopping by from SITS
    cute blog...your post are fun and make me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  56. so funny! I love it. Finding you from Steph in the City. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Tell them that you get really bad panic attacks and maybe they'll prescribe you a muscle relaxer. My dentist did that for me because I am such a wuss when it comes to dental work. Half way through the procedure I was so hopped up I told my dentist that I loved him.

    XO
    Leigh

    PS Our Blog Love is one of a kind. Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...