Sunday, October 25, 2009

I shanked a pumpkin...

Well after obsessing for the last week over what the crap we were going to carve our prized pumpkins out to be, desperation inspiration FINALLY hit! And let me tell you that after 2 days of searching for these suckers and a WEEK of debating what the freak to carve them as, we were ready to cut and gut these bad boys. I didn't know it was possible to harbor bad feelings towards fruit, but alas IT IS! And yes, it's a fruit...I'm just as shocked as you are.

Jordan and I even threw out some pre-carving butt kicking lines to the pumpkins...yeah, we're hardcore like that. Nothing screams maturity like yelling "I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt, and I'm all out of bubblegum" to a pumpkin. But we had a blast with the kids and ended up with some totally radical results...Take a peek for yourself...

{You guys are going DOWN! HA!}

{Don't let the smile fool you...she was a beast!}

{A little father-son bonding...over knives and destruction}

{Even the dogs wanted in on the action...}

{The only thing Boogie cared about was taking his glamour shots...}


{Yeah...soak it all in...awesomeness at its best}



peee eesss....thanks for all the sweet comments on my last post...you guys rock :)

81 comments:

  1. Stopping in from SITS today to say hi!

    This post cracked me UP! I would totally trash talk to a pumpkin. I think I probably have, actually.

    Oh, and that mustache one with the bowler? Freaking. Rocks. My. Socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mustached one.. with the hat. Very original. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'stache pumpkin....only you Alicia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It says something when I HATE football but LOVE a show that includes it ALOT. I LOVE the cheesy mustache! And I also had no idea a pumpkin is a fruit...where do you stand on tomatoes? Can you clear that up for me because I hear both angles and end up more confused...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stache is rocking = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so hoping you would do a mustache!! they all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mustachse and hat! Also loving the glamour shots. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, you crack me up, girl. And you post title made me think of that e-trade commercial with the babies where he's all "shankopotomous." And your smack talking to the pumpkins is classic. We are dorks like that, too, would totally do something like that. Thanks for the laughs, and your pumpkins really do kick butt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea!! I was hoping you'd have a mustache, love the touch by adding the hat. Great pics. We love pumpkin carving at our house, we'll be doing ours this week.

    I also totally thought about "shankopotomous", that baby is freakin' awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pumpkins! And your kids are the cutest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were rocking it with the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A 'stache! Of course! It's PERFECT!

    I'm carving pumpkins today and I have no idea what I'll do. I am not creative at all, especially not mustache creative.

    You guys are beasts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the stache!! Those are awesome! We need to do that this week...along with a gazillion other things!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the stache....really what would pumpkin carving be without a stache in your...stash

    Yeah Im lame like that

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them! Now you should come do mine lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, I am loving it! The mustache is to die for! (so fitting since the pumpkin did die for it.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhhmazing stache my dear!

    Has anyone told you how incredibly fab you are?

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. We haven't carved ours and I'm getting anxious.!!

    the stache looks uhmazing! figgin love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hot Damn, those pumpkins look FABULOUS!!!! Chica you ROCK!


    Smooches,
    Sassy Chica

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your jack is cheesy, but was it easy?

    Too cute! Kids are bangin' cute as always! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The pumpkins turned out great...must have been the trash talkin'!

    Just stopped by again from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those pumpkins were defenseless!
    What did they ever do to you?

    Anywho, great carvin' skills! Cute kids too! Wow, now you have IT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So love the "stach"!!!! Awesome!

    Did you roast the seeds??? Gosh, I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love it....Tristan would love that, too. He adores my dad's mustache. "ahstas" :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. the pumpkins turned out awesome!!
    the kiddos are looking adorable, as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. i feel so cool for already knowing about this...love the pumpkin art. i still can't get over that one pumpkin's BONER! bwahahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ill jump on board with loving the stashe pumpkin' Were cutting into ours tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Even when I have a pattern, I still can't do this!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh.my.goodness. Adorableness. I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the mustache one! Why does it not surprise me that you did that. hahhaha.

    We finally went to get our pumpkins today, have NO clue what we'll carve. But we're getting the chainsaw and power tools ready for the destruction.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A moustachioed pumpkin! OF COURSE! Cute, cute pics. I miss you guys like crazy! Kiss my nephews and niece a coupla times for me!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those pumpkins were perfect before and after. You must really have an eye for choosing; they're perfectly round and shiny and well, like I said twice now...perfect. I love the spooky after picture. What a fun family project. Spooky photo effects...(if I could just get picnik to cancel my account, but that's not your problem.) Wow, did I just digress, or what?
    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stache perfection.... these turned out awesome!!! And it looks like you had some fun in the process too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that you worked in the 'stache!!! fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the moustache! That is my favorite one!

    ReplyDelete
  36. you HAD to do that - it is so you and COOL!!!

    :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. those are some awesome pumpkins!!!!

    And your previous post... beautiful, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  38. hahahhahah I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Now you're just gonna have to find a cheesehead to adorn the gourd of the punkin with the stache. I love your Little Ghoul!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Those are the coolest:) I love the stache. I can't wait to do ours this week.

    Stopping by from SITS:) Hope your Sunday was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Those are totally awesome! You have a multitude of talents, I see! Not to mention how gorgeous your son is! Beyond cute!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  42. haha! love them! totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  43. beautiful pumpkins! and i have wanted a boxer since the beginning of time, and you have two of them! soo jealous.

    oh and your baby girl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  44. My dogs like to disembowel the pumpkins!

    If I finally get around to getting pumpkins soon, I'm so going to talk smack to them first, then let the dogs have their way with them.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great pumpkins.

    I love the mustache one.

    ReplyDelete
  46. OMG That's awesome! I LOVE the stash! And the hat makes the pumpkin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Ahhh the 'stash. By the way I think you need more pictures of your dogs up! They are adorable. Ever need a pet sitter I am wayyyy available.

    ReplyDelete
  48. WOw I haven't visited your blog in a long time. Stopping by to say hi and have a great week.

    From SITS :D

    ReplyDelete
  49. That picture of Presley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I die!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Very cute pumpkins! I wish I could carve pumpkins like that.

    ...stopping by from SITS...

    Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

    pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Nice stache! I get it, since I just grabbed your button to follow more carefully! :)
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  52. Found ya on SITS, glad I did cuz you cracked me up this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Stopping by from SITS!

    What great family fun! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hilarious! I can never get pictures of our lit pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  55. how cute!!! I love it :) the mustache pumpkin cracks me up. Your family is so adorable. have a great monday

    ReplyDelete
  56. OMG Alicia...the mustache...I'm dying. I wonder if Mayra would like it? ah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love it! You have the most gorgeous children! (Well, next to my little Jacob, of course, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Those are too cute! I love the mustache!!! And, btw, I gave you an award on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I'm not even going to lie...I'm jealous of that awesome freaking mustached pumpkin.....

    ReplyDelete
  60. dude you are awesome...the best text ever...any suggestions to show off my skills tonight?!?! gonna get my carve on like.whoa!!!

    hahaha....LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. They look awesome! Unfortunately squirrels decided to eat our pumpkins :) I guess we could say they "carved them" and be done with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. We haven't carved ours yet. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  63. i LOVE THEM!!! and your pics?! and your kids?!?!? so adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. HAHAHAHHA- i love the stache picture! that fucking rocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. omg! i am so in love with you! like even more than ever now and those kiddos - PRECIOUS! we did not carve ours but they have staches. i just posted.

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  66. Dear lovely,

    Your blog is just a fun and cute as you are in real life. Oh, and your kids are freakin adorable.

    Hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  67. Girlfriend you never cease to crack me up and I am LOVING the mustache pumpkin! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  68. LMAO omg the mustach is totally classic!! LOL OHHH man that's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  69. The mustache is the clear winner!! Very original.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Stopping in from SITS today to say hi! Hope you will do the same...
    I so need to go get a pumpkin to shank! It's been poring down rain here though. I haven't wanted to walk out the door and get soaked...I hope it stops for the trick or treaters!

    ReplyDelete
  71. They turned out great! Last year my hubby made a Jeep pumpkin since he loves his Jeep and off roading is one of his hobbies. I am not a big fan of the work required to carve pumpkins so I will just be cheering them on.

    ReplyDelete
  72. you ended up successful..that's nice!!! but i have to note: that're kick ass dear ;D love the first pumpkin out there..

    great blog btw.. nice to MEET you guys

    love.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Love the pumpkins! Especially the mustache! Very Funny!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...