Monday, August 31, 2009

Birthdays and Meatloaf....

We're all about the birthdays over here at the House of Cline. We don't celebrate for just one day, oh heck no, we party it up for an entire weekend. Living solely off funfetti cupcakes and red bull. Hardcore, right here. That's how we roll. Well, at least until we hit 30, then we'll just stop celebrating and counting all together...

But in the meantime, we had a blast celebrating Jordan's birthday this last weekend. Saturday night we hosted a little get together to celebrate Jordan's birthday, as well as the birthday of a close family friend too. Lots of food, friends, baked goods, and UFC made for a perfect night. I mean come on, who doesn't love celebrating their birthday by watching grown men beat the crap out of each other? Because we sure do. Sorry for the lack of pics, I was busy being the doting hostess!! Here are some of the highlights...

But first, an explanation. When you see the picture of this 'cake' you're going to find yourself thinking that it looks a wee bit different. There's something off about this cake. Here's the thing. My husband's favorite meal is meatloaf (insert gagging noises here). Blech. Sooooo I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and make a meatloaf cake, complete with mashed potato 'frosting'. It was actually a huge hit!! Yup, feast your eyes on this creation......

I know...you're mouth is totally watering, right??


Little Miss Presley completely zoned out...but still looking adorable!


A handmade duct-tape card with a winking Obama....did I mention Jordan's a
conservative republican who is creeped out by winking?? Perfect.


At least there was a year suscription to Guns & Ammo in it!! Totally redeemed himself!

Hey Atlanta!! This one's for you! My SIL made me this AMAZING Elvis apron that I put to good use cleaning up at one in the morning, hence why I look so haggard!
Oh, and I made you cupcakes too :)


On Sunday we had a more relaxed day and took a faaaaabulous nap and then
took the kids to the dog park for a jammie play date.


Our pups were POOPED after their little outing!
And they looked slightly possessed too... Kinda creepy...

We finished off our hectic weekend with some snugglin' on the couch.
Perfect way to end the perfect weekend...

Now I'm off to go wrap myself in a giant bow and wish my husband a happy birthday!! BWAHAHAHAAA!! Who am I kidding?? I'm gonna sit here and blog. But it's the thought that counts, right?

*******HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!!*******
Now, bring that booty over here because it's time for some birthday spankings!! HAAA!!

60 comments:

  1. that cake is really wrong, but I'm not above recreating it next april fools day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake is hilarious! I'm sure it tasted very un-meatloafey though! I just made up a word.

    UMMM there is nothing "haggard" about you in that picture lady! Looking fabulous as always! And your babies and your doggies are all adorable!!!

    LOVE the last picture of the 2 of you. Cutest couple ever!

    Happy Birthday to your hubby!!! WOOP WOOP!!!

    P.S I'm amazed by youuuuuuuuuuuu...prob gonna be stuck in my head for a year so I figured I'd force it up on my lovelies too. Thank me later. HAHA hugs lover!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooow! the cake is kinda... strange to me! but if it was a hit, it was a hit! right?
    sounds you had amazing time together!
    You look so cute in the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday!

    and i can't even bring myself to show that meatloaf cake to my husband (when he gets home TODAY!!!!!)
    cause he may just leave me .... knowing that there are better women out there!
    kidding!
    but really....he would die for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the sounds of it, you people partied up one heck of a storm! But im glad you had a fabulous time!!!

    beeeeee good!!!

    x
    x
    x

    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol nice cake though well kinda strange!!
    Happy Birthday Jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep. The cake made me gag. Like, literally, I got the hot spits in my mouth, But, gotta give it to you for creativity. And, only a dude could really appreciate a meat cake. Looks like you had an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAha, crazy idea - but I love it. Glad the birthday weekend was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eewwwww Meatloaf cake? Was that tomato ketchup you wrote on it with?

    I feel bilious and slightly traumatised!

    LBMxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny cake!

    ...stopping by from SITS...

    Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

    pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you like funfetti cupcakes you MUST MUST MUST try Edy's/ Dryers Slow Churned Ice Cream called "Take the Cake"! It is dangerously delicious! It's Vanilla Cake flavored ice cream with confetti pieces of chocolate mixed in.

    BTW: I LOVE meatloaf! That is a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol you are so funny!! Just when I think you can't do anything worse... you go and do something like that... and TOTALLY redeem yourself!

    I hope that's what you were referring to above lol if not... scratch that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As soon as i read your title, i got prepared...for i know how your mind works and silly me i'd have done the same on the cake :)-
    Absolute BARF if ya ask me, but for the hubs...it's ALL worth it!!! Hope he had a FAB.U.LOUS week. Funfetti cupcakes to all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute, so funny, and so, umm, delish? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cake looks both awesome and disgusting at the same time. The Obama picture and explanation made me LOL. Looks like you had a fabulous weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, happy birthday!!! Sounds like everyone had a blast. I agree, nothing like watching some UFC to get a party going. LOVE the meatloaf cake! That's pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy bday to the hubby! (And I would eat that cake in a minute!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. get OUT about the cake- I would have never guessed that- you are too much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to have my next birthday at your house! And while I personally hate meatloaf, that cake is fantastic.

    Plus, I would love to have a pajama party at a dog park. I mean, what's not to like?

    You guys do it right.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW. that's all i'm gonna say about that cake...

    gotta love birthdays. i will celebrate hardcore til the day i die. whatever about age. that's not the point! haha.

    that card is AWESOME! did you really give him a year subscription to guns and ammo. hahahahahaha!!! total republican. yet my democrat would probably like that too.

    hey btw, where do you live? i had no idea you were near sac. i freakin LOVE sac.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Meatloaf cake! Who knew you were THAT talented?? Amazing. I bet he lovered it!

    All about the Weekend of Birthday, you can never really fit it all into one day anyway - - when you are so awesome.

    Happy B-day Gordie! Love you!! (oh yeah, and you're old!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want to have my next birthday at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  23. L A D Y!!!! thank you for your prayers this weekend!!! definitely helps to have such amazing support from friends like you!!!

    and as for this post...GOODNESS YOU ARE FLIPPEN GORGEOUS!!! seriously....SERIOUSLY!!! so glad to have such a beautiful gal as yourself (both inside and out) in my life!! and um...i want some of that meatloafcake immediately!! LOVE ME SOME MEATLOAF!!!

    happy birthday to the man...what did you end up getting him?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Best.Birthday.Ever. I mean how can you beat meatloaf cake & a sub to guns & ammo (pretty sure Obama approves, I mean he is on the card after all). LOL.

    Happy b-day Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday to your hunk of a man!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday Jordan!!!
    Why do all men love meatloaf! Blech! I have to make that every November for my husband's b-day. I love the card! Love it! It would FREAK me out too! Seriously FREAK me out! And not just cuz of the winking either. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  27. You two are the cutest two ever. I love the idea of the meatloaf cake. Mr. Peach Tart is so meat and potatoes, he would be blissed for days by that kind of cake. I'm so stealing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  28. that is hilarious he is creeped out by winking! LOL

    guns and ammo? pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fantabulous time it was! Even gaining 2.5 pounds in 12 hours...literally! That's how we roll at the Cline casa.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very very creative!!! Way to go on the cake!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love birthdays too. Funny I use to take a whole week to celebrate my birthday until I turned 30. It's like 30 was the kiss of death. lol How great was that fight on Saturday. Randy is my new hero. My post today says it all. lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. aw, i love the picture of you two! it's adorable!
    and you do not look at all haggered in the picture! you look boootiful in your elvis apron!
    your dogs do look slightly possessed in their pic, haha!!
    the meatloaf cake was a fabulous idea! i might just have to make that for my fiance a night this week...i'll write something else on it though.
    i have to say that i did used to love meatloaf back in the days when i wasn't a vegetarian, ha.

    glad you had a great weekend lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You're so cute! Meatloaf cake with mashed potato icing...how creative! I don't care for meatloaf but if I did, that would be yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  34. you do one awesome birthday. LOVE the 'cake'!

    ReplyDelete
  35. My husband would love you! He loves meatloaf, too.

    just dropping by again from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  36. MEATLOAF CAKE!?!? HAHAHAHAH!!! that is brilliant!!! i love meatloaf! love it! and i wish i had thought of this!

    btw, you are GORGEOUS! and your man is a cutie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I FRIGGIN LOVE the meatloaf cake! SERIOUSLY!

    CUTE apron sexy lady!

    Happy Bday J

    ReplyDelete
  38. OH and the Obama card with the Guns and Ammo subscription AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  39. me again...did ya miss me? hee hee

    I just gave you an award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your writing skills on your "cake". My writing never looks that good.

    I also love your apron. Quite jealous over here.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Ha!....OMG....I love that meatloaf cake...and the card.....so fun....so great. :-D


    So....what did you get at the garage sales? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Meatloaf cake? You are fantastic!!!
    BTW...thanks for the award. You are such a good secret lover. You know how to treat a lady right!

    XO
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fabulous idea with the meatloaf cake! And that card freaked me out....

    ReplyDelete
  44. Meatloaf Cake. gag....but hahahaha.

    Funfetti + Redbull, now that's tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the meatloaf cake! Amazingly unique!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today - SITS is the bomb!
    - CougarTales
    www.cougar-tales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ok I am seriously disturbed by the meatloaf cake...insert horrible puking sounds here. Yucky!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Happy birthday hubs!! I love the cake. Gimmie.

    ReplyDelete
  48. That cake looks YUMMY! Happy birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  49. seriously how long did it take for me to understand that meatloaf cake? "alicia is it meatloaf or a cake? meatloaf diguised as a cake? cake diguised as meatloaf??"

    oh me. fun times that night. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  50. That cake looks great but sound disgusting! You're so awesome for doing that!

    You're dogs are too cute! I forgot how big Boxer tongues get when they're hot!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Happy Birthday! Looks like you outdid yourself! I absolutely love the meatloaf cake...although I'm not a fan of meatloaf either! And I can't think of a better way to end the weekend than snuggling...you know except winning the lottery or something!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hoping the spankings went well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  53. I would put a hurtin' on those pancakes! Hope your man candy has a fab bday!

    ReplyDelete
  54. That cake is fantastic, is that ketchup on it?!?
    Happy Birthday and spankings to the hubs, hope he enjoys them! lol

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wow! That is fantastic! The meatloaf cake...I am so doing that soon.

    Great blog--visiting from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love the meatloaf (gag here too) cake

    ReplyDelete
  57. The winking Obama ducttape card is my fave

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...