Friday, July 10, 2009

We've Got a Piper Down!!

This is Jordan (Alicia's Husband) posting an important message for Alicia!

***I couldn't let him post this blasphemy without editing it first!....alicia**
While she was walking barefoot to the neighbor's house (which I've warned her about I don't know how many times because walking barefoot is dirty), (actually I had socks on, thank you very much) she was bitten by something! She came running into the house hopping like a wounded animal. (I was a wounded animal...in excruciating pain!) After jumping around and mumbling incoherently for what seemed like the longest minute ever, she finally sat down and showed me her 'wound'. All that whining for one tiny red dot! (a deep tear to my tender flesh throbbing in pain) She insisted that I go hop with her out to the front lawn. So hopping we go, we find two GIANT wasps on the lawn. Terrified, she looks at me like she's going to spell out her last will and testament and says..."what if I die?!" She tells me "I'll give Sampson and Bruiser to Tim and Courtney..." and as she is thinking of all the things she can give away, I blurt out..."HEY! I'm still alive, REMEMBER!" (what if I was allergic?! he didn't know if I was or wasn't!) So she hops back into the house and Googles wasp sting pictures and says "I totally did"!

So she turns around and falls to the floor insisting that I tend to her every need. And of course, like the strong husband I am who is not about to taken advantage of and tend to her whining...I immediately get her an ice pack to put on her 'wound' to keep the swelling down. So apparently I grabbed the biggest ice pack ever and it wasn't good enough. I resorted to four ice cubes in a sandwich baggy filled with water. She's quite now and stopped whining...kind of. (The least he could have done is rubbed my back while the poisonous wasp serum crept it's way through my blood system)

She wanted me to post a note in case this is her final goodbye...or she ends up on the ground milking this for a while. Send your love and support. (Actually he was pointing at me laughing while telling me he was going to tell everyone about this, but you can still send your love and support...I'll need it while I'm in this fragile state.)

ps- dear jordan, if you ever try to taint my blog with your vile words i will unleash the beast. just remember....you mess with the bull, you get the horns...so stay clear of my little piece of cyberworld, ya dig?
love, your wife

49 comments:

  1. If it's not safe to walk on your own front lawn sans shoes, I don't know if I'd WANT to live anymore! Jordan, you and your "dirty"....you overuse that! Wasps are vile creatures, sorry Alicia!! Hope you feel better soon Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeeeeewwww...wasps! They scare me to death...I'm allergic, you see. Hope you're OK. Like the "edited" guest post...nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Alicia! How could you not baby her to death? She could have DIED!! Bad bad hubby!! :)

    I hope your foot feels better and if it makes you feel any better, I walk around outside without shoes or socks all the time in the summer. I hate shoes. They're evil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's just think a moment about men when they are sick. GIANT babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two are funny. You should do this once a month. The double blogging, not the wasp-walking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Conrad says: "She said taint *chuckles*"... Thats what he got from the whole blog, go figure! lol
    But on a serious note, I would have been just as big of a girl as YOU Alicia. I was outside cleaning the hamster cages and was divebombed by a Bumble Bee that was so huge it was a freak of nature, and I flew of the patio like I actually move that fast on a regular basis. I was praying no neighbors saw me out their Windows cause it was quite entertaining Im sure! Good Thing Conrad and the kids were nowhere in sight or I would never live it Down. And Dear Jordan, Um, really? "Dirty?" You have 2 little boys dude(not to mention you are supposed to be one yourself),you might have to get over your fear of dirt very soon! =) Love you guys and Miss you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wasps suck. hope your foot feels better soon! oh...(hanging my head in shame)...i always wear shoes. it makes me crazy that my kids take theirs off all the time! how did i wind up on the guy's side on this one?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! what a hilarious story. next time pull a scarlet, no one sells drama like her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a classic story! I would have been just like you....MILK IT MORE!!! I'd milk it all weekend long!

    p.s. I hope your foot is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another hilarious post! I'm sending my love to you though...I was stung on my toe once and hopped all they way from my neighbors backyard to my house. And we lived in the country, so it was quite a long hopping thing. : )
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was so funny.

    I'm so sorry about your wound though. This is why I detest bees and wasps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha this cracked me up.. Your husband is FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so are you swollen? Maybe you should get a toe facial

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...
    Well, I've heard that a yummy cupcake, with lots of icing atop, is great for stings of any kind.

    Hope Jordan gets over to the bakery fast, so you can begin to heal and enjoy what's left of your weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am absolutely heart this!!! absolutely!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. side note: i completely enjoy the axe murder reference...one of the best movies ever made!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Alicia! Stalking you from two places at once (ooh, creeeepy!): Keep In Touch With Mommakin and Nerdy Jess. And boy-oh-boy am I glad I did! I'm stickin' around for sure!

    This story? Freakin'. Hilarious.

    Hope your foot feels better soon! (Wasps are the devil...)

    ReplyDelete
  18. And PS - I feel awesome now because I am Official Stalker (a.k.a. 'Follower') #100!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL you have me laughing badly here Jordan & Alicia eheh sorry for the wasp sting I know its horrible had some stings me in my younger days. Get well soon and Jordan well a wife likes to be cuddled a bit when something goes wrong come on give her a hug :)

    Great weekend guys me at work :( but this Afternoon we are going to the beach and after have a beach BBQ yay!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So funny! I hope you are well now. I LOVE THE "piper down" and "you mess with the bull you get the horns" reference. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hilarious. I was laughing the whole time. Loved the editing. Your husband cracked me up describing your whining. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you for making me laugh today, i needed that. we actually use the "we've got a piper down" whenever one of us falls, our children think we are totally crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jordan! I am shocked....SHOCKED!!!....that you can even THINK of making light of this very serious and dire situation!!! Alicia NEEDS you!!! You MUST attend to her every need and want for as long as she is in this excruciating pain! You MUST!!! Her life depends on it, you know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LMAO - Lemme just point out, I am in miami, I forgot my epi-pen, it's back in Oklahoma and your post is the first reminder I have had of it! First off what a great hubbie to actually do your post for you, second to take care of you. I am allergic to wasps and bee's and immediately have to have an ephifran (sp?) shot or it's a trip to the emergency room. The good news is you're not or your throat & tougue would have swelled and well, let's just say it's not attractive at all. LOL. Of all of the kids, my brother (who hunts and fishes and risks his life when he goes out side) and I are the only two who are allergic and it sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely hysterical! Love it. I, too, get flak from the hubs for running around barefoot. What can I say, I'm a redneck and grew up rarely wearing shoes. Not about to change now!

    Hope your wound heals quickly and you are adequately attended to in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is Jordan's mom. Who are you, Jordan, and what have you done with my son who lived barefoot all summer and scoffed at its danger?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was laughing hysterically throughout this whole post! Not at you and your injury, I promise, but because I can totally hear in my mind the dialogue. How funny! I hope you have a fun SITS weekend, despite your injury!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Girl! You need a pedicure!!!! That is the only way to heal wasp stings on the foot. Well, and shoes...luv ya.

    ReplyDelete
  29. BTW, tomorrow I'm hosting my weekly Silly Sunday Sweepstakes, and some real prizes are involved this time. Please tune in!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wasps are bad but this story is great!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yuck I hate wasps. I run and scream like a child when any come near me! I have never been stung though so I guess it is working.

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh no! i totally hate wasps! ekkk!! I hope you are feeling better :) You and your hubs are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi, one of my favorite punks! I am just checking in on your poor poor stings and making sure all is alive and well! I am about to head to the bar to meet my brother in laws new flame and watch me some UFC!

    Gotta go get gorgeaus - LOL~

    ReplyDelete
  34. Props to the hubs for blogging for ya...I think his intentions were honorable, though his technique in no way compares to you. YOU are funny. And stepping on a wasp is 10 trillion times worse than a normal sting. I know because I have lived it. The throbbing pain...

    gosh, I am glad to be back. When you wrote about the hard times you went through before you met your husband and of his gallantry towards you was very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  35. did he suck the venom out? Cuz a real man would have... OH! Don't be hatin'!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lol, this is the funniest thing ever. It totally sounds like something my hubby & I would do.

    I clicked over through a blog that I subscribe to, and lo and behold, I see a bunch of my readers in here! Not even connected the blog I clicked through! Ha!

    Love your blog. So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hahaha - husbands and sympathy do not always go hand in hand!

    I'm so glad you made it through your ordeal, not leastly because it would really stink to find a great blogger, and be reading your final goodbye!

    Funny SITSta you made a follower outta me lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is too funny! I love it!

    And those stings hurt like heck!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I wandered onto your blog from your response to parenting BY Dummies. Oh my goodness this post had me cracking up. I'm so sorry that you had to get stung by wasps for my amusement. Hope your wound is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'd not ever been stung by bee or wasp till I was 37!! And it was horrible! And then it itches for weeks! Hope you're feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  41. I stepped on a rose thorn yesterday, went right through my flip flop and into my foot. I feel your pain. Grabbed your button.

    ReplyDelete
  42. hilarious!
    you two crack me up!
    glad you survived that one! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ha! This is the best post EVER! In my house, it's the hubby that stumbs his toe and thinks he's dyin!

    ReplyDelete
  44. So, was it really bad? I've never been stung by any of those flying, danger zones (that incl. bees as well). That's due entirely to a life lived largely indoors (just how I like it, thank you very much). Hope things are healing up nicely:)

    ReplyDelete
  45. That was so funny because Jerkob is constantly telling me to put my shoes on!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Sounds like your Hubby took his life into his own hands by posting on your turf.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...