
You know what I miss about being 6? Being able to wear a one piece swim suit with an attached ruffled skirt and people thinking it's cute. Those were the days! You know what else I miss? Being flat chested and people thinking it's cute. One more thing...I miss pig tails. The ones that sit right on top of your head with the big obnoxious bows...why can't I wear those anymore?!
As we hung out and bbq-ed on the 4th I had such a blast watching the kids
For some reason when I walk out the door with toothpaste dried on my shirt and baby spit up dribbling down my back it's not so cute. Weird, I know! Apparently some people don't appreciate the finer fashion that comes with motherhood. And if I walked out in a ruffled one piece
ps- bachelorette tonight!!! booya!!pss- sorry if i haven't stopped by your blog recently...the fams in town and my bloggin time is minimal!!











Yay for pigtails..
ReplyDeleteWe're in Stampede/rodeo time here so it's allowed to wear pigtails.
The pig tails are a go! The ruffled bathing suit skirt...not so much....but hey just think when you get like WAY up there in age....it becomes cute again...or is it just necessary?
ReplyDeleteIm lovin those pigtails!! Maybe a ruffled swimsuit from neck to knee would be flattering for me...maybe not
ReplyDeleteYou might be the only person older than 21 that can pull off those pigtails! Very cute!
ReplyDeleteI would love to have a swimsuit that made me look like Cindy Crawford. If they can put a man on the moon, why can't I look like Cindy Crawford?! Why!?
Ok, have fun at your partay!
Macey
To be flat chested....oh NO girlie!!! I think those pig-tails are a little too tight :) I paid good money for what i've got and NEVER going back. Now for a ruffled swimsuit...we can talk. Of course you'll have to do the sewing. As i don't know how. LOL
ReplyDelete{{Hugs}}
GIRL! Lovin the 'bringin back the ruffled swimsuit' idea. You do it in CA, I'll be in charge in bringing it back in AZ. It'll be a nationwide revolution. Holla.
ReplyDeleteWhite sandals with your ruffled suit, for sure.
ReplyDeleteOh Cheesy, I agree! I would love to rock the ruffled suit and be so carefree again. Great post!
ReplyDeleteI think they are cute :) and BTW I still do pigtails myself :) not that high up though as my hair isn't as long and they would stick out like pippilongsocks...does it exist that one over there?
ReplyDeleteI have my hubby on very low expectations for me!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteThe pigtails are HOT!! Put on your old cheerleader outfit to go with them on Friday night.
I know you did the cheer thing!!!
I think you were made for those pigtails!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from SITS roll call :o)
i say just wear the suit and the pony tails and go from there....
ReplyDeletevery funny...had the same thought about ruffled undies this weekend. cute on tiny bottoms...not so much on me! vis SITS.
ReplyDeleteI'm so with you on the ruffled bathsuits!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya. I would love to be flat chested when I am playing in the pool with the boys. The tend to think the top of my swimsuit is a handle. Yikes. I feel for people that swim with us.
ReplyDeleteI love the pigtails- go for it! and damn-it I forgot to record bachelorette b/c my in-laws were in town! so I dont even know what happened...
ReplyDeleteCUTE picture!!! I love that shirt. And I love pig tails, although I do wear mine a little lower. But I do like to wear them.
ReplyDeleteLove the pigtails! But you're adorable anyway so it works!
ReplyDeleteYou rock those pigtails, for sure! I wore low ones well past the age when to do so was cute or charming in any way.
ReplyDeleteI personally think you could rock a ruffled bathing suit, haters be damned!
ReplyDeletelady you look so good i say bring back the pigtails AND the ruffle bum suit!
ReplyDeleteOh baby, the ruffle is back, just not in a bathsuit yet, check out Rumba Shorts - if I knew how to put a picture here I would - just so you can see how sassy and fun they are. :)
ReplyDeleteWho said you can't wear ruffles!? You can wear anything you want. Pigtails are cute.
ReplyDeleteOh my Dear! I bet The Man will be walking around the neighborhood with a petition to "BRING BACK PIGTAILS!" ;) and as far as the ruffled one piece goes! Eghem...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.unique-vintage.com/images/unique-vintage/9473larger.jpg
or
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/getgoretro/Ruffle_Swimsuit.html
AND:
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/getgoretro/SDSwim/Pink_RuchedSwimsuit.html
and this last one is amazing and would look horrible it you WEREN'T FLAT chested! See how good I am?
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/getgoretro/DQ/absinthe_swimsuit.htm
Ta-da! I know, Im awesome. Its ok to say, it we all know... ;) Love ya
take comfort, once you hit about 60 you can start wearing the ruffled suits again. thats what the older gals at my pool do. and the best part, they are old and can do whatever they want!
ReplyDeletei think you look cute with pig tails! ;)
ReplyDeleteand you can wear whatever you want, people judge no matter what. you always look adorable so pull off whatever you feel like you can!
have you ever seen the show "big comfy couch"? that girl always wears her hair in pig tails, ha!
i love pigtails as i always wear my hair too short for one ponytail, but can usually scrape it into two low pigtails. and i love rumba shorts, too. and...my favorite bathing suit has a ruffle on it, but across the top, not the bottom. i think that works a little better for those of us over six!
ReplyDeleteWell you know, they do have ruffled swim suits but they usually come with an X somewhere in on the size tag. It's pretty much one of my goals to NEVER have ruffles on my swim suit lol.
ReplyDeletecustom...with ruffles only on the butt and a seriously low cut front then he;ll be begging for the ruffle suit. LOL
ReplyDeletePS are your eyes blue?
I still wear pigtails except they're lower, down by my chin.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your hubby would love it if you donned a cheerleader outfit with those pigtails!
Who are you kidding? You could so rock that ruffle look.
ReplyDeleteLOL. I once put pigtails in my hair for a workout and the boyfriend looked at me like I had grown another head. Guess I can't rock the pigtails like you!
ReplyDeleteVisiting you from SITS--have a great day!
The pigtails look cute on you. You could sooooo pull off that look :D
ReplyDeleteYou've got it all wrong! Ruffles and swimsuits are totally in right now! Oh yea, I've been eyeballing a few, with cute little ruffles right on the butt/crotch area. They probably make your butt look huge but they're totally in, I assure you of this.
ReplyDeleteAwww you look adorable! I found your blog on SITS - glad I stopped by - too freakin cute! Love your blog :)
ReplyDeleteMy DH is a cheesehead - WI born and raised...I thought for sure your blog would be covered in beer and Packers info - glad it wasn't! hehe
Being an adult does have its drawbacks! LOL.
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by. Have a wonderful Thursday!
Ms Cupcake
ZenCupcake