Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Free dog! Any takers?

I'm done. I've thrown in the towel. And earlier today I made the phone calls...that's right, plural. The phone calls that make all my worries disappear...now you're wondering who I called, aren't you? Let me tell you a little bit about my day first.

There I was, lovingly preparing Little Miss Presley a wholesome breakfast when she starts to whimper. So I rush over, whisk her up from her exersaucer, and plop her on my hip. That's when I feel "IT". No. No no no no no. Oh friggin monkey butt, it is. Yup, definitely poop. The little princess had gone and caused a crime scene on her clothes, the exercauser, herself, and ME. Somehow it had worked its way down her leg and she was doing a friggin river dance to make things worse! 45 minutes, 2 baths, 2 new outfits, and 1 destroyed exersaucer later we were back in business.

So I put her in her highchair and finally start feeding her the now cold breakfast and then it hits me. The dogs!! Where are the dogs? Ok, I see Bruiser, but where on earth is Sampson? Backyard? No. Boys room? No. KITCHEN? LIVING ROOM? OH CRAP!!!

Presley's room. Mmmhhhmm.

Yeah.

Devouring the left overs of the now empty diaper genie. Breathe, Alicia, breathe....

There he was, caught red-handed (or pawed, whatever) looking at me with a chunk of diaper hanging from his mouth. I'm pretty sure I looked like one of those cartoon characters with steam coming out of their ears because let me tell you, I was TICKED!! Fuuuming mad!!

So I clean up yet another disaster and go into the kitchen to wash off, happen to peek at the clock...and WHAT THE FREAK??? It's not even TEN in the flippin MORNING and my house smells like a dang public latrine!! That's when I knew it was going to be a very. very. long day. And that my friends, is when I picked up the phone and called Jordan. I explained to him very calmly that he has a vasectomy scheduled Monday morning because we are never having any more children and that I'm hanging up my bucket and mop and taking a few days off.

Following that call, I called Aleada. Aleada is a gift from above. Aleada is a true bearer of all things happy and lemony fresh scented. Aleada is my awesome housekeeper that I treat myself to now and again. Aleada is coming first thing Wednesday morning. Ahhhhh. Aleada is my favorite.

50 comments:

  1. All hail Aleada! Tomorrow is going to be a great day for you and your house!! LOL at "River Dance"

    I'm FIRST! Im usually last because I do my commenting late night like a crazy person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy CRAP!!!!!!! Talk about a crappy day (censored!)!

    So did you really schedule a vasectomy?


    I LOVE house cleaners!!! They make everything better if even for just a few min (till the kids or dogs destroy again).

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... sorry about laughing at your miserable day! But I have been there too! I also got my husband a vasectomy appointment "or we'll never have sex ever again"... Worked perfectly!

    Love a good housekeeper. Could need one every day in my house!


    Just stopping by from SITS. Hope your day will be fabulous!

    P.S. I'm giving away a subscription to House Beautiful. Interested?
    www.sweeterliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a load of... crap! You should have your day off and a bottle of Jose after that one.

    Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my my my I hate when that happens and everywhere smells! Wish you are passing a great day today (erm its lunch time Wed here in Malta)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a shitty day. Hope today is better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Alicia!!! I am so glad you are recovered now...so that I might say I probably won't read anything funnier this entire day. I have had Exersaucer explosion myself..well, my Mom had it when I was out of town but the public latrine comment rang true here too. Have a better day. I will send you a cocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh crap! No seriously...crap!!! I am sorry your day started out like that. At least you have a housekeeper coming...that is like a gift from God!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. housekeeper????????

    send her over HERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have come to believe that exersaucers were made simply to cause poop explosions, I have yet to have a child who hasn't had this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got my husband fixed too!!! If they ever cheat on us....

    at least the bastards can not breed anymore babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can Aleada come here after Vodkamom's? lol my co-worker asked why i had an "OMG why are you looking shocked" look
    two words
    diaper
    genie

    nuff said

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha! Happy house-cleaning day :) Oh...and the vasectomy...great idea. I made my hubs!!!! Now we can GET IT ON without ANY worries at all. WON.DER.FUL

    ReplyDelete
  14. i may or may not have thrown up a little in my mouth when i came to the part about the diaper eating....OH MY!!! you have a much stronger stomach than i do...i would have lost it...which then thank real goodness for aleada as poor thing would have been scrubbing for days...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally had that kind of day yesterday...I had a nervous breakdown and blogged in the middle of it...I also sent some hate mail to McDonalds...LOL! My housekeeper is Sonya...I need to give her a call...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear about your horrible day...I hope it did get better after that. I am jealous of your Aleada...wish I had one to call ever so often!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Note to self...don't read your blog while eating breakfast. vomit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH my goodness... having a child sounds...

    interesting. lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. ahhh! you need to put warnings on the top of these posts that say "all childless readers, proceed with caution. this post may change your mind about having kids..." or you know, something like that lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you totally deserve to have Ms. Aleada over.
    I can not believe your dog would eat that....icky poo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this was fun to read.. i even imagined you all cartoon-ish and such... hilarious.. tough i bet it wasn't fun by far being in your shoes at the moment! Oh, but cheers to happier days!
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. God Bless the women willing to clean our homes for profit! I couldn't do it, but I ammmmmmmmmmm soooooooo glad that they do! Sorry for your explosion and mess that follows. At least he didnt' rub himself in it! My dogs will find roadkill or a dead animal and rub themselves ALL OVER IT! It stinks for days!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Don't you hate it when your having a crappy day and you realize that it's not even close to lunch time yet? Hope Aleada is helping make up for yesterday.

    Dating in the Dark: I love they way they stare wide eyed in the dark too. I would totally be the girl who hand gestures even though no one can see me. And....of course I watched More to Love! Totally addicted! It's like a car accident that I can't peel my eyes away from. The guy kinda creeps me out too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I SO know this kind of day and for that matter I know this kind of morning. I used to have a housekeeper, damn I miss her. I hope that rest of the day got better.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Maybe baby has IBS too...she has lots of blow outs! Poor baby.
    Omagosh. I would have KILLED the dog. That is so gross, why, WHY do they eat poop? Blech. My dogs eat some pretty savory stuff too. Ick.
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  26. Remember my posting about the Cherrio Moments? You're going to miss the poop too!

    ☼ Happy Wednesday ☼

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's just nasty. but hilarious. I love and hate crazy days like that. I love them because although at that moment you may being seeing red, I love how after the fact you can look back and laugh. That's what lifes about right?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh.My.Gosh. What a morning!!! I'm so glad you survived! Holy crap. You handled that very well I must say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dogs and diapers, yuk.

    And all before ten. So you still got to enjoy Judge Marilyn Milian?

    ReplyDelete
  30. LMAO....okay I don't mean to laugh...but that is hysterical! Only because I can see the dog with that innocent look on his face like "HUH? WHAT?" And you practically running after him with child on hip, screaming!

    Thank God for housekeepers!

    What an awful day....I hope it gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh dear gawd that's disgusting. Poop beats out dead birds any day.

    Can ya send the housekeeper my way when she's done at your place? Maybe a chef too

    ReplyDelete
  32. Alicia... Just thought I would send you this lovely little link. Maybe you can make some better "non-soggy-milk-bone" bread!!! :D
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Cooking/Gluten-Free/Main.aspx

    xoxo,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my God. I almost puked. I don't know how you dealt with that.

    ReplyDelete
  34. and this is why i will never have a dog. thank you for reinforcing it for me. the kiddie poop i deal with everyday is MORE than enough for me! yuck. glad you're housekeeper is coming (jealous, too)! hopr the day improves!
    ps - am i the ONLY ONE who got fixed instead of my husband? sheesh! he has it soooo easy!

    ReplyDelete
  35. My angel is Monika! Every so often I can't take it anymore and she comes and makes my house fresh again! Sounds like mama needs a bubble bath!! Don't forget the wine! ah ha

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gee....I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I started out laughing but the thought of it all.....oh god, it brings back such icky memories. I'm sort of giggling and tearing up at the same time.
    You know what it is? It's traumatic......motherhood, from the day of birth and all the way through is traumatic.
    :-)
    Gosh I hope your day has gotten a whole lot better since your posting.
    ((HUGs))

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dogs and diapers... Oh man. The thrills of being a SAHM. Keep the faith, girl!
    xo,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  38. I swear my youngest was a poop machine when she was smaller. It didnt matter where we were she was always getting poop on her and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Everyone needs an Alaeda. Hope she works her magic.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Exersaucers should seriously have a warning label. They ALWAYS cause explosions like that, yuck! Glad you and your man enjoyed the concert btw! I am just starting to catch up on "my reading".

    ReplyDelete
  41. The doggy has gourmet tastes, huh? Hope y'all get that crime scene cleaned up and smelling fresh as a daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Just wait until you start the potty training. I'm excited for my sister and her dogs to get here so that I don't have to pick up poopy from the floor anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh, God bless you. How.do.you.do.it?

    I would have thrown my hands in the air 5 dirty diapers ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. first off- eewwwwwwww! what is it about damn dogs and poop -and dare I say it- in my house its maxi pads- DISGUSTING!!!!!!! talk about carnal savages!

    ReplyDelete
  45. love you blog... natalee http://totmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  46. My dogs think cat shit is a delicacy and eat in freely from the litterbox. And on the rare occassion that I take them out to see my horses, they eat horse shit.

    ReplyDelete
  47. oh sweet G...i just threw up in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...