Thursday, July 30, 2009

Milestones suck...

It seems as if I'm always waiting for my kids to learn something new. To hit the next age benchmark per se. I remember reading What To Expect The First Year and having anxiety attacks because Mason couldn't clap at 6 months. What was wrong with him? Did he have medical issues that I didn't know about? Was I a failure as a mother?! And wasn't he supposed to be crawling by now?!! I called the doctor on the verge of hysteria, all snot faced and sobbing into the phone "MY SON DOESN'T CLAP! bwwwaahhhh!". Motherhood makes you do some stupid crazy things.

I over-analyzed EVERYTHING the first time around. The second time around I was a little less neurotic. Ok , who am I kidding, no I wasn't. At all. And Jordan if you say anything I will cut you!! Be afraid fool! The crazy runs deep in my blood I can't get rid of it. And the third time around....well, let's just say I'm not encouraging milestones at all.

I encouraged Mason to walk at such a young age and the kid went from a crawl to a RUN! And he's never stopped. He just slows down slightly when mommy remembers to crush the ritalin over his frosted frakes for breakfast. And Boogie has had such a struggle learning to talk and now that he's started, the kid never shuts his flippin pie hole and drives me straight crazy. Thank goodness they are so cute, and quiet, when they sleep.

And last but not least, Presley. You see, this is my baby and I'm really not excited for her grow up. She's clapping now. She waves hi and bye. Sigh....And now she's crawling. Is it bad that I pull her legs out from under her when she crawls?? I really don't encourage it. She's growing up way too fast. Maybe I should strap a weight to her back, that should slow her down! And I refuse to let her hold her own bottle. She NEEDS me dang it!

Milestones. Shmilestones. Pooh on them. Can't I just keep her my baby just a little bit longer? On the bright side...I can't wait to hear her say Mommy. I can't wait to take her to get mani pedis with me. I can't wait for her to wipe her own butt. Ok, so maybe there are a few milestones I can live with...Ha...come to think of it, it's gonna be Jordan that has issues with this little beauty growing up. I mean, come on, just look at this face...

57 comments:

  1. AWE sweet! Look at you getting all gushy!
    Look at her face she's a cutie! I love how you dressed her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful. "My did doesn't clap! Bwaaaahhh" LMAO. I know the day I become a mother - this will be me, but it made me laugh today. You seem like a great mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the best post I've read all week! Yup I was/am a super spaz Mom too. And yes, I have one that only stops talking when he sleeps. Both my kids, walked late,talked late, ate solid foods late and gave up the paci LATE. I swear i had my poor peditrician on speed dial for years (poor lady). And they still give me anxiety attacks daily.
    You are a GREAT Mom
    P.s Your baby is breathtakingly beautiful. Love her fashion sense too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling you girl. Can't stand to see #3 acting all big, running, jumping, talking, giving himself a bath! Makes me ill when I see my 7 yr old outside with his friends, I can see him as a teenager and it makes me gag. But, can't stop em I guess so I try to enjoy it. On a side note, another thing that makes me gag is More to Love. I watched the beginning and I was totally geeked out by it. And, for the record, maybe two of those chicks were size 14. I used to be a size 14 and I weighed WAY less than 300lbs. I thought they were gonna be normal girls...they are like the way other end of the spectrum from the girls that are on the regular Bachelor. Why can't they have a show for honest to goodness normal girls? Girls like BFF (Too Fatties)?! She would be awesome on a normal girls show:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put some crisco on the floor. She can't crawl on vegetable shortening.

    Why is there not a step by step book after the toddler years?? I am on my own here!!! I am punting tossing out the best advice for them to make good choices with their dating. I know that their are some books, but the what to expect when your expecting series is so easy to follow. The teen books that I have found are about useless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got it so right! A friend of mine used to say "you spend the first two years trying to get them to walk and talk and the nextsixteen telling them to shut-up and sitdown."

    She's adorable....enjoy her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No rushing it!

    Enjoy a Totally Tremendous Thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, she is beautiful! Gonna be a heartbreaker for sure. You know I am not a Mom but I remember feeling the same way with my nephew. He is 6 now and I still want to scoop him up and rock him to sleep and he is all, "Auntiiiieee, put me dowwwwwnnnnn!" :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha pull out her legs from under her!!! you are too funny girl! yeah I'd want to keep her little for as long as possible too! I bawled when my son turned 5 this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love her little baby legs, she's a cutey. And yes that's one of the benefits of already being a mother with each child you learn to settle in & enjoy the moments just a little bit more, even if you feel like pulling your hair out at times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a precious child. I don't think she should be allowed to walk. She should, however, wipe her own butt. That's just a courtesy, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daughter is so freaking cute it makes my uterus hurt! Thankfully I have my cats to help satisfy my maternal urges for the moment.

    Oh and thanks for the blog comment, actually my nickname back then wasn't cradle robber it was Chester Chester Child Molester! What can I say I had a thing for younger men :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is just so beautiful!! Awww! I can't imagine how rough it must be, life passes us all way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally know what you mean! I think this is why Cutie didn't potty train until now...I was holding her back so she would still be my baby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is adorable and with that face well she's gonna break a lot of hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "I encouraged Mason to walk at such a young age and the kid went from a crawl to a RUN! And he's never stopped."

    this sounds like my son!
    She is gorgeous btw and I totally get trying to keep her a baby longer. We know this one is our last and I want her to be little forever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovin' her baby legs! Aghh they grow too quickly. And I'm talking about my niece & nephew here--not my own kids. Who don't exist, lol. It makes me crazy to see them getting so big. I remember when my niece was learning to say "Kayyy" instead of shouting "Caiti!! Where are you???" *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh oh. We're running into trouble....she's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would NEVER think to make ANY commments about how bat-ace crazy you are in that cuckoos nest of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was neurotic with my oldest and with my 19 month old I just want to freeze time. She is growing up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, yes the milestones... For the first few months of my son's life, I couldn't wait for him to start talking. And of course now I wish he would just shut up sometimes...ok a lot of times. But I can't really blame the kid, he got his gift of gab from fabulous me! he he!

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is toooooooo pretty!! The dude isn't walking yet and I'm trying not to care. I know that when he starts I'll be running around even more. But those darn baby books I read get into my head. Gotta ignore the voices. Ah ha. Oh and he just turned one and just started clapping.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, she is super cute!
    Yay for wiping their own butts, boo to school and stuff. I wanna keep my 3 year old a baby FOREVER so I know what you mean. :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw, she is a beauty! Chris has already warned me that if we have a girl he will sit on the porch with a shotgun!!! lol

    I have given you a blog award! Woohoo!! You can stop by an get it anytime!!! :)

    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  25. Could she BE any cuter? She definitely needs her Mama now, but watch out, world...this child's gonna be a LOOKER, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  26. awww, she is such a little baby doll!!
    & what a cute outfit she is wearing :) i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes...the milestones!!! They come too quickly i must say. My kiddos are 5 & 6...how i wish at times they would go back to the baby stage, but then again...NO THANK YOU. I look forward to my kids getting older, because they learn more and become more responsible. With age comes chores...and YIPPY SKIPPY for little helpers.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You crack me up! I am so much the same way! I don't have kids yet, but I think I drive my Sister and Sister in law CRAZY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. #1 I want those leggings and
    #2 frosted frakes?

    ReplyDelete
  30. haha...the night we brought meghan home from the hospital i sat in bed crying in hysterics and when c asked why i replied, "because she is already getting older every minute!!!" i wanted my second baby to stay just that...and while i am not so sure about a third i have to say i LOVE my shopping pals...my mani/pedi buds...my girl talk queens...and my favorite dance partners...baby girls are the best...but growing daughters are even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awwwww you are too cute! And hilarious!

    She's precious. Just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I feel you. I was so all about the milestones with my first but now its all about slowing things down.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an absolute little darling!!! Too cute! I've seen your button around, and everytime my five year old sees it she laughs her head off, so I had to come see your blog! Love it, and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  34. OH WOW she's is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! What a blessing. I dont have kids yet, but I can only imagine how it feels to see them grow and I bet those baby books are freaking psycho! Let things happen! Treasure it! AWWWW! :) This got me teary lady!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the baby legs! You are so funny and so fun to read! I hope I have this attitude when I become a mother...FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  36. um.. is that baby wearing legwarmers? I'm clapping!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I need legwarmers like that! Bring 'em back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. binding their feet helps! that way, even when they're an adult, they won't be able to run away from you too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  39. She is so precious! Treasure the little girl now, 13 is fun, but so totally different than that sweet little girl age! I miss it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Is she getting ready for her Sweatin' to the Oldies in these photos?

    ReplyDelete
  41. OMG she's so darn cute! I bet I will feel the same way when I have mine! lol

    ReplyDelete
  42. She is absolutely adorable! Love the leggings. I hear ya on the Daddy having issue with his baby-girl growing up. I have a feeling we're going to have that too!

    ReplyDelete
  43. She adorable! I cannot believe you have her in baby leg warmers!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ummm...Hello??? Could she be any cuter! That Little Punky Monkey! You know better then I (w/the boys)how fast time flies by when it comes to your children but I have to say my 2.5 year old daughter is more mature then me! I'm Half Kidding...but lets just say I'm in for it! LOL! And I'm SKEARED!!!
    I've narrowed it down to 2 tee's for you...
    http://www.chaoticcreationsbykristen.com/item_440/Sweetee.htm
    Because she's SO SWEET and I like the flow of "Sweet Presley Rose"
    or
    http://www.chaoticcreationsbykristen.com/item_288/Kindergarten-RocksTee.htm
    in Pink/Purple and put "Rock Star" underneath because that is what she is and it would match those cutie leg warmers!
    Hope this Helps!
    Have a great Weekend!!

    XOXO,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yikes...that's a BIG Comment! It looked so much smaller when I was typing in the box...LOL!! SORRY...feel free to read and delete!
    XOXOX,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  46. LOVE the leg warmers - makes me want a girl (I don't care if they make those for boys, too, I will NEVER put my son in them).

    And you really don't let her hold her bottle? lol That's so cute. I was the same way with the "What to Expect" with Moose (heck, still am...I have What to Expect when you're expecting, the first year, and the toddler years). See...he doesn't seem to do half the crap that book says, but my doctor says he's fine and I just gotta realize he's only with me all day. No older, outside influences like some kids. :) PS you crack me up "I'll cut you." omg

    ReplyDelete
  47. Ha! I like your attempt to thwart her growing up. 'Fraid it won't help though :-( My "Little Bugaboo" now has a voice deeper than my husband's and is taller than me *sigh* When the heck did all this happen???? and I hope I wasn't blogging at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  48. You're so funny but how true! Time goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  49. So cute! And very true too...

    Just stopping by from SITS today.
    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  50. she's adorable! and...painting nails with my girls was one of my favorite days yet! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  51. i can't wait for the four of us to have little lunch dates!! emma and presley are going to be great little girlfriends

    ReplyDelete
  52. she is cute n sweet !

    -bluffmaster
    www.gr8bluffmaster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...