It's Monday night at the
House of Cline and we decided to have family game night outside. We busted out the golf clubs, the long boards, bikes, and the playground ball. The
oh-so-important playground ball. The ball that 10 minutes prior my husband had been threatening me with...that's right...threatening to kick my trash in a rousing game of
FOUR SQUARE!! HA! Who plays that anymore?! That's
so totally elementary school...We're grown adults...Who am I kidding. We were gonna have a battle. Much to my sugar boogar's disappointment the ball was flat....so we had to resort to plan #2.
So what's plan #2?ahem...
pogs. Yeah, I said it.
POGS FOOL! It was on like donkey kong. We busted out the pogs and prepared ourselves for all out war. It was a tense 20 minutes....sweat dripping from our brows. But alas, there had to be a champion....How do you spell victory?
A-L-I-C-I-A!!! That's how! Bow chicka bow wow! It was a close match. I have the pictures to prove it. But victory was mine, and oh how sweet it tasted! Too bad we're playing four square tomorrow...he's totally gonna kick my trash! That's what happens when you're hubby's 6 foot 3 compared to my staggering 5 foot 2. I don't stand a chance, don't tell him that though! Oh yeah, the kids had a blast too!
The yin yang slammer that led me to VICTORY!

Our array of pogs...totally rad!

That's my "Come here Sucka!" face

The final verdict....mine's on the left...booya!

what do you mean will be, I SOOO AM!! It totally fills my day, and well I don't sleep so... it's perfect!
ReplyDeleteOh by the way.. Kuddos on winning... and Pogs, right on!
ReplyDelete2 words to guarantee victory every time... METAL SLAMMER....
ReplyDeleteAnd if you don't win you will once you chuck it his head. ROTFL
Oh, I miss 4 Sqaure! The only "tricks" I remember are "popcorn" and "bubblegum". I do not remember anything else. While you google the Master Cleanse, I'll be googling 4 Sqaure Tricks. And maybe Pogs because I have no clue...
ReplyDeleteSo it looks like Wes has the girlfriend, according to the guys. I was hooting and hollering when she booted David(?) last night. He seemed like he was always drunk. I wrote a blog entry about my picks during week 1 (May 19th entry titled Bachelorette Blog).
Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog. I will try to get caught up on yours, looks like a super fun read!
Sarah
Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all the pictures on your blog and your header pic is so sweeeeeet!
ReplyDeleteHaha! That is so awesome - I haven't seen pogs since I was in elementary school! I don't think I was allowed to ever get any (sad day) so I don't remember how it works.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the win!
Pogs are AWESOME. I had the slammer and the SUPER slammer and up until college I had a pog TAPED to my tv stand. It was a retro butterfly pog with it's tongue sticking out. I used to play pogs until I was blue in the face and even played in tournaments at the mall!
ReplyDelete::dork::
so glad you dropped by! I haven't seen Pogs in... okay - more years than I care to think about!!! Does that make me old? (don't answer that!)
ReplyDeletefor the temple button (and a great selection of other LDS link buttons) check out leeloublogs.blogspot.com :)
I love your blog! I found you on Jen's blog, a modern move. So cute. I love your theme! I just re-did Jen's.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, swing by the blog whenever.
Lol. Love it! When Parker is all healed up I want to come join the fun! Whoop Whoop!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your big win! Stoppin' by to say "hi" and welcome to SITS :D I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers
ReplyDeletecarma :-)
I so don't even know what pogs are! Am I missing something?
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, I love playing games with my Dearest! Sometimes it's so much fun to sit back and pretend like you're 5 again!
Wow...I've always loved Family Game Nite. Please invite me over the next time you plan such an extravaganza, OK? And I've got a couple of chicas over here who could totally kick your hubby's booty in 4-square!
ReplyDeleteWow you have 3 kids? You look terrific! Anyway, thanks for stopping by and directing me to the Wonder Pets party! I really appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteAnd I used to have a slew of Pogs. I think they're in my grandma's shed being stored. I never knew how to play but I had a TON of them!
So you might have won this one. Since you are incredibly competitive and being the wonderful person that I am, I even let you use your favorite slammer!
ReplyDeleteSo you failed to mention that it was neck and neck...we are both slamming away...and I turn away to look for our 2 year old (who likes to ride the long board all the way around the block without us seeing him book it)...and what do you do??? You put all the pogs upside down!!! Then you throws your slammer and don't flip any over and then scream "I GOT THEM ALL...BO-YAH"!!! You such a CHEATER and you only won by four, but a win is a win, I guess.
But when that hand soccer ball is pumped up, I am going to power-skid all over your dome!
Olive Juice - UR HUSBAND
I haven't seen POGS in FOREVER!!!!! Can you even buy them anymore? I want to play!
ReplyDeleteLOL :-)
Omg...POGS! How awesome were pogs?! I collected Yin Yang pogs, my sister collected 8 ball pogs, and one of our stepbrothers collected skulls. Way to go with the win!!
ReplyDeleteOMG...POGS? I barely remember that! But I do love 4-squares...I'm sure I play it wrong, but I still like it :)
ReplyDeletePS I tagged you with the Honest Scrap Award!
ReplyDeletelifeasag.blogspot.com
Pogs!! I remember that craze! I don't think I ever figured out how to play though.
ReplyDeleteseemed like great fun ... haha should suggest the like to hubby
ReplyDeleteOff to google pogs???? I have no idea! Four square on the other hand brings back the memories!
ReplyDeleteSweet pog stash! Way to whip him and whip him good.
ReplyDelete