Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thanks for knocking me up honey!

NO! I'm not pregnant! I just wanted to share a little Father's Day looove by telling my man thanks for giving me such adorable babies...FDW (Father's Day weekend) is kind of a big deal at the house of Cline. Everyone likes to get in on the celebration, just look at the picture below...
I'm pretty sure Sang Sang was cleaning his "hindquarters" about 7 seconds prior to this picture. Blech...We started the celebration early by taking Jordan to play, I mean the KIDS to play at the park. He's a grown man...why would he want to play, right?
WRONG! Just look at my honey go!!

So for part one of my gift to Jordan I've compiled a list of tips to help him through his journey we call Fatherhood:

1- Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.

2- First you have to teach a child to talk, then you have to teach it to be quiet.

3- Hire a bully to toughen up your kid.

4- Never use the check out with the candy display.

5- Ice cream is the answer to pretty much everything.

6- If your kids are giving you a headache, follow the directions on the aspirin bottle, especially the part that says, "keep away from children."

7- Monster truck rallies can be educational.

8- When you hear the ice cream truck, cover their ears and run inside!

9- The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

10- Give your awesome wife all the credit when you're kids turn out to be friggin amazing.

I found these tips on the internet so they must be true! And here's one more token to show my love and appreciation for you...ok, so maybe it's more for you to show your love and appreciation for me...whatever works...I leave you with the soothing sound of Bryan Adams and a young Johnny Depp.


28 comments:

  1. How sweet! I have zero plans for Father's Day - isn't that sad? Not that we did much for Mother's Day. But I'm thinking the pool - oh crap, nevermind, the in-laws are coming. They ruin it all. ;)

    Funny list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so flippin' funny!! Love the shot of your honey on that little bouncy thing at the park! He's having way too much fun! :)
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tips are amazing!!! Especially loved #6 about the aspirin. {So true...true...true}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Father's Day to your hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!

    I've given you an award over at my blog hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your tips, pics and blog. And, yes, your honey is indeed a hottie! Enjoy the day with the gorg and fun family of yours! You sound like a fun and rockin' momma. I'll be back...
    xo,
    Christina
    ps. thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wholeheartedly concur on the ice cream. You ARE familiar with my Ben & Jerry's Stressbusters Diet, right? BTW, don't forget to swing by and celebrate Sx3 with me today. A Tar-Jay Gift Card is at stake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #9 is so amazingly true. How does that work? The second I get my butt all cozily nestled in my Stressless chair, my son calls me to see something on the computer, normally some inane thing on failblog or a new juggling video. Then I am plagued by guilt if I don't get up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. loved it! he looks great on that park toy hahah -have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. You seriously crack me up every time I read your blog!!! And that pic of your hubby and your dog is priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the best Father's Day post I have read to far! Too funny and totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great tips, especially the one about the candy aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband is a firm believer in #1.
    Hope y'all had a great Father's day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice pic at he park. My DH would be too shy to even attempt that much less let me get a photo. Too bad. LOL
    Happy Father's Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, he painted my nails. They aren't perfect but they were painted with love! :) I didn't think he'd do it...now we'll see if he'll shave my legs too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this song. I want to spread it like hummus on a pita chip and try to savor it, but instead repeat the action 17 or 82 times.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh . . . Number 6 and number 9, ultimate truthes in life. lol.

    Great Father's Day post!

    And your pup is sooo sweet.

    Hope you and the kiddoes had fun at the park (it's quite obvious that your husband did :-).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent Fathers Day post!

    Sang Sang smooch...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great FDW post. So funny. I love the pics too!

    Stopping by to welcome you to SITS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for posting on my blog and for the good wishes. Love your list! lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sure that he really appreciated this, Alicia! I just know he did.

    FYI: I'm really tired of word verifications!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute post. Those are truly good pieces of advice for all dads!

    Just stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...