Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My wedding kiss...

My BF Brooke over at Brooke in Wonderland, whom I love and adore and would even give my last cupcake to (as long as it wasn't the Pink Delicious one), tagged me with a really neat little gig. So here goes!!

1. Open your first photo folder
2. Scroll down to the 10th photo
3. Post that photo and story on your blog
4. Tag five friends to do the same.

My wedding kiss...

Some of you may know that when Jordan and I got married I was a single mom to a beautiful 2 yr old boy named Mason. Being married and sharing my child with someone was an exhilarating, yet terrifying, transition in my life. This picture was taken on our wedding night. We got married in my in-laws living room on a random Tuesday night, dined on fine chinese take out, and splurged with a Costco sheet cake. It may sound weird, but in my eyes it was perfect. I was really struggling leaving Mason overnight and this photo was taken as were getting ready to leave....I'm so glad we have such a sweet and tender moment captured.

Geez, when did I get all sappy?! Stupid period!! I need a cupcake. Oh, and chinese food right before your honeymoon night....not a good idea...

Now to pass on the fun. I choose...

Rocksee
AB Home Interiors
Domestic Urbanite
Maggi
The Scholastic Scribe

24 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am on it sista.. I will give you first dibs, if you give me 10 minutes, I will have my 100th Blogoversary Giveaway up..

    Your the first to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd give me your last cupcake... thats love!! That picture is a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e. Remember to look at it every time you want to sell him on craigslist. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet picture and story! Hmmmm...let me see what mine will be...hopefully not another dog butt. lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the sweetest!!! i absolutely love it! and your chinese food...oh lady i can only imagine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww so cute!! I totally love that pic. I'm so gonna tag Jen on this one. She has so many fun pics.

    So you got married to your online sweetheart and then had take out? Now that's the way to go. Lol. We're planning a small vow renewal ceremony now, just us too. Nothing big cause girl I really don't want to spend one dime on a wedding. Nope.

    OMG! I hadn't looked at the rest of your blog. LOL@ the family motto. LOVE IT! Aint it true sister. Super cute.

    Well chica, I'll go on and post my pic now. Follow my blog if you aren't already. Ciao!!

    Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, if Chinese wasn't a good idea, does that mean I should rethink the Thai food at my reception someday? If that's the case, everyone is getting a funnel cake and I'm calling it a day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I sort of know how you feel. Well, about the overnight part. I'm struggling so hard with this idea with the new baby coming up and leaving Moose, even with my mom. FIRST time in 2 years we've ever been apart (longer than that if you count womb months).

    ReplyDelete
  8. my first son was born two years before were married and when we were leaving for our honeymoon, i bawled my eyes out. he was staying with my parents, who we lived with it at the time. he couldn't have cared less! love your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the Chinese Food/Sex tip! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I definitely got lost at the Chinese food comment, but I can completely understand how it was a sweet moment for you! What a neat picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture is so adorable! Such a tender Mom/son moment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That kind of celebration is right up my alley; had my husband not insisted on a traditional ceremony/reception, we'd probably have gone to the pizza buffet LOL
    I'm making a mental note about not having Chinese food before "action" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Alicia :) Thanks for reading my blog. I agree, Parker is adorable. I'm keeping up with your posts too :) btw, i'm really new to this, dont count on any thing productive , hah. Its most likely to be boring and irrelivant, hah. (sorry for the spelling, lol) I guess everyone has to start out somewhere :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a sweet photo and story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. we got married in the courthouse and had a costco sheet cake at my SIL's house LOL
    WHO CARES! I wouldn't change a thing!
    That's is a SWEEEEEEEET sweet pic! And you wrote that beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute pictures!! Your friend who tagged you also does not like being touched. I will keep this in mind for the classroom. I like to gently touch a kid's shoulder to settle them down.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I have enjoyed poking around yours and will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How sweet.

    Mmm Chinese food. I've been craving that for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  19. loved your story and i loved your wedding hehe mine was grander but hubby wished it grand go figure...we agreed on a big wedding and a bigger honeymoon lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooohhhh...I really like this! I'll get right on it this week! Thanks so much for thinking of me...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just saw this one! This is really sweet...It was perfect because you were marrying your perfect man! :)
    Macey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...