Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Queen's Proclamation

ATTENTION ALL CLINE HOUSEHOLD RESIDENTS! Please read the attached memo:

For starters, I love you children so dearly, and that is why I'm warning you I'm giving you some tips. Contrary to popular belief, I don't like being woken up by two crazies dressed like cowboys jumping on my bed and shooting cap guns in my ears. Weird, I know. Might I suggest something a little more toned down like perhaps a chilled Red Bull on ice? That would be splendid! And if you could refrain from building towers on my backside while I'm sleeping that would ensure that you survive another day be so nice.

And while I know you may not appreciate my style of decor, please leave the decorating to me. The monopoly money strewn across the house mixed with army men, cars, and every other possible toy you own isn't exactly the look I was going for. So I would be so grateful if you would refrain from redecorating while I'm ignoring you and laying in bed I'm busy cleaning the house. Thanks, I knew you'd understand.

Daughter, this one's for you. I know you love me and that's why you insist on pulling my hair and scratching my face when daddy puts you in bed with us, and while I think it's sweet, I think daddy might appreciate it a little more than I do. So if you could claw his face that would be fantastic.

Oh, and Presley? One more thing. You know the way you splatter painted all over your onesie today and then spit up everywhere when I was trying to get you out of that foul onesie?....that's another one of those things that daddy might appreciate a little more than me, so go ahead and save that for him next time!

Jordan. Dear sweet husband that you are. The half hour back rub was a fantastic way to start the day. And sleeping in was indeed a wonderful treat. However, when I have a major wedgie and have yet to pick it, the polite thing would be to tell me or even pull my skivvies out. I found it a little in-polite when you came up my rear and said "looks like somebody's hungry. nom nom nom!".

Thank you for letting me lay the smackdown taking all of this advice, for your own safety I'm sure you will put it to use tomorrow.

Love,
Her Majesty

DISCLAIMER: This post may or may not have been written during a PMS fueled, chocolate (and every other delicious food) lacking, waiting for the Ritalin to kick in, too friggin early in the morning moment.

47 comments:

  1. This sounds like the walk i took yesterday! I saw children squirting water at each other...lego men all over the sidewalks...loud noises at every corner...with whistling to boot!!! Great post girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! WOW it makes me feel good to hear someone else being as sarcastic as I am sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL this is great. And yet they are still so young. Wait till they get older, it just keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny! Cant help but laugh at what your hubs said though, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Alicia,
    You are my new BFF.
    Thanks
    ThatGirl Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I clean, I like the children out of the house. They just get in the way or fight!!! For heavens sake - I don't ask them to clean the 3D pee mess that their little wieners make. At least, they could leave me alone while I wipe it down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may have one of the funniest blogs around. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the best part of the day/month to post. You can get down and dirty and yet funny. I love your truthful interpretations.

    Did you leave out the part where you step (barefoot) on the legos? That might just be decor in my household. hmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I laughed out loud through this whole post. Thanks for brightening my afternoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, your hubby is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LMAO...still ROTFLMAO...too funnay!!! your a funny lady seriously I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HaHaHa!!! I know you too well, cause the whole time I was reading this I was picturing you writing it! Wedgie and all! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHAHAH You are comedy! You. crack. me. up! I do love the decorating tips from your children, I have yet to try the army men, but I do like the cars look! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. from now on every time i come to your place i am gonna get a snack some delish drink..put my feet up...settle in...and read because it is like my favorite comedy hour show around these parts....i love it and i can't wait for the next episode!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAHAHA hilarious!!! Shooting cap guns in your ears...

    Such an adorable post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you know, sometimes no matter the time you just got to set them straight. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man, is that what I have to look forward to? Actually doesn't sound so bad...says the mom of one. ah ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG. that is the most hilarious way to tell someone they have a wedgie. i about died. for reals.

    long live the queen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE IT!!! You had yet to pick the wedgie out!!
    Ha ha! I'm laughing out loud and the kids are going, "What's so funny, mommy??"
    Snort. I just snorted. True.
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  20. LMAO - Seriously that is like the best post ever!

    ReplyDelete
  21. nom nom nom...I just can't stop laughing....I'm sorry. You kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay, the nom nom nom thing made me giggle. I have never heard that before and now I MUST use it. Now if only someone around me would get a wedgie..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha good on me dear :) yes I would like to know if it works! I hate it when my puppy grabs at my hair like crazy and claws with his feet as if he were a lion or cheetah trying to gut me out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the wedgie comment...I feel relieved after reading this...relieved for YOU! You deserve a nice long vent! Woo-Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  25. too busy laughing!!!the scratching- yes!!- I cant get near him with the nail clippers though- maybe while he sleeps........

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy to have found your blog. I loved the wedgie comment and well now you've laid the ground rules for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i hope you don't mind if oi post these rules for my house,too. they pretty much apply...well, we haven't had that same wedgie incident here, but it's probably good that he knows that in advance, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hahaha... love this post! WHy haven't I found you before - you sound like my kind of woman (anyone that comments on her wedgies has my attention...)

    Just visiting you from SITS - hope you have a great weekend. Feel free to come visit me at SweeterLiving, I love visitors!

    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Sounds like every day really IS an adventure in your house. Awww cute! I'm sure I'll be there someday. I am lucky I can learn some humor about it from you! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE this. Every word. You made me crack up from the second sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  31. F-ing Hysterical! I would love to just be a fly on the wall in your house for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think your children will really appreciate this someday. Does your husband read your blog? Wouldn't hurt... nom nom nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This post really made me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Excellent, I think I'm going to send it on over to my husband! Made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  35. My dear sweet sis, you suck. If I was PMSing I would so be jumping for joy right now. But I love you anyway. I feel ya with just about every other thing that you were kindly informing your family to refrain from. If you like you can forward that to mine as well. This morning I was kindy woken by your nephews cold clammy toes up my butt-crack. GOOD MORNING!!! Ciao Bella! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your Majesty:

    At least you're dealing with physical issues. Wait 'til they're older, and get those smart mouths goin'!

    Your Loyal Subject

    ReplyDelete
  37. Freakin HILARIOUS!!!!!! Best post I have read on any blog in a long time!!! You crack me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. looks like somebody's hungry! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for stopping by my site. Please feel free to visit anytime, I'll leave the light on for you!

    ReplyDelete
  40. SO FUNNY! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a fun comment! Made me soooo happy (I know...I'm pathetic)

    Have a great Saturday!
    Hope to see you soon again;)

    ReplyDelete
  42. OMG..LOVE the wedgie comment! I read it and laughed so hard I almost peed myself! Thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Funny, like always:) Can't wait to get up close and personal w/you @ SITScation. And, thanks for coming to my blog party yesterday. Like you'd ever miss a party:)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Our kids must share brains. Seriously. And our husbands, too. It's like doppelgangers or something!

    Happy Saturday Sharefest to you =)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lol at 'looks like somebody's hungry!" hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  46. So let it be written, so let it be done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love reading (and returning) them! Tell me how you really feel!! bow chika bow wow...