
Apparently the Il Divo concert was the place to be last night. The hip crowd was there in full affect, hearing aids turned up and loafers shined to the max. The average age of the party animals around us had to be around 65 (no joke). They were tossing back shots of Ensure into the wee hours of the early evening like they were going out of style. We could barely hang!
The music, however, was incredible! We had awesome seats and were fortunate enough to make our way down to the front row. Whoop whoop!! They put on an amazing show and the only thing that could have made it better was if the gentleman in front of us would have stopped passing hot mustard with a touch of deviled egg stink bombs our way. Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln my eyes were watering and I'm pretty sure he singed all the hair in my nostrils. Pun-gent.
I think my favorite line of the night had to be when Guido (that's what we call him) asked the crowd in a sexy spanish accent: "Did you miss me?.... Did you miss....my curl?" The guy seriously has the best hair EVER!!
I even attempted to make Jordan jealous by letting this guy come down and grab my hand (yes that's my hand he's holding) while he sang to me. He even threw in a "Hi there...*wink*" (jealous?)

...but my husband was busy being enchanted by Guido who cast a spell on him by waggling his perfectly sculpted eyebrows at him...he's hypnotizing, isn't he?

BUT....the best part of the evening had nothing to do with the actual singing...let me preface this with a little background. The groupies of Il Divo are, um, different. Let's just say they're not the kind I'd like waiting for me back at the bus. One of these ladies took it upon herself to provide the fellas with a little entertainment of her own during one of the songs. Sorry for the crappy video!! Just look for the flailing body that's "dancing"... you won't regret it....
So all in all it was an awesome night! The ol' ball and chain and I had a blast screaming like little girls at a Jonas brothers concert and it gave us an excuse to be all kissy kissy face with each other. Plus I learned some pretty sweet dance moves...











Awww...you look sooo pretty! And what white teeth you both have. Flash those pearlies :)
ReplyDeleteI think we should ALL take dance lessons from that girl...it was HAWT to trot...NOT!!! LOL
Thanks for sharing & hope you two have many more date nights. You deserve it ♥
Sounds like a great night! Glad you had fun.
ReplyDeleteOh you know it was really you doing that dance...cmon admit it girl!
ReplyDelete* Visiting from SITS
ReplyDeleteLove the blog! I just went to a concert with my hubby the other night! I love when we can get some "us" time which rarely happens. Lol
Looks like you had a great time!
your so stinkin cute I want to barf and stuff.
ReplyDeletesounds like a rockin night
creating memories so awsome, right!!
http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com
Brittany
you look cute! um coulda cropped that pic a little from the left but otherwise PREFECT! ;)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a fun night out!
Hilarious post. I'll be honest, that flailing lady...better dancer than moi. No joke. Glad you had fun!
ReplyDeleteYou're too funny! That womens dancing is crazy!!
ReplyDeleteI told you you were going to love it. You two are soooo cute. That lady dancing....priceless.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool experience...yuck to old colonel mustard...lol...wow...that girl could sure dance! NOT!
ReplyDeletewas that a belly dancer? simon cowell? scared of that...
ReplyDeletesounds like you guys had fun. usually my dancing involves more arm motions.
ReplyDeleteso glad you had such a great night; you look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteand I'm glad I spilled the beans. Can you imagine if he'd gone his whole party sans underwear? ha
HAAAA!!!!!! that video is classic!
ReplyDeleteHuh...Seems you had a blast..Well for some fun from my side of the world check out:
ReplyDeletehttp://diaryofanallpakistanigirl.blogspot.com!!!
Nice blog though! *cheers!
That's a beautiful shot of you and Jordan!! :)
ReplyDeleteFrame that one, for sure.
That lady dancing?? Oh my gosh, why don't I hear you laughing? I wouldn't have been able to contain myself.
Gosh! What a great night. You guys partying with the AARP members and all. And that dancing- why? oh why?? Those Il Divo dudes are soooo alluring with their accents and winking. I would have been cast under their Il Divo for sure :-)
ReplyDeleteThat girl took her dancing lessons from me.
ReplyDeleteDid any of the old folks around her have a heart attack or anything? Or at the very least slip her a single? lol, WOW. Glad you had a good time my love, we are off to SHOP! Ciao Bella! Love U! Wish you were here!
ReplyDeleteI must be going blind!! I saw very little dancing by the ensure crowd!! How fabulous that he held your hand while he sang to you. Please tell me that you washed it.
ReplyDeleteAAAhhhhhhh,... I am so jealous! Green, awfully green! I love them,...
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a superb time.
Wow someone becomes like dancing jello when drunk! LOL - You however - look like the little hottie that you are! That is an awesome pic of you and Jordan! So jealous. I need a hottie pic of me and the hubs - oh wait a minute, first I gotta get the hottness part down right?
ReplyDeleteWow! You two are such a gorgeous couple. Seriously! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a blast! Those nights w/o the kiddos are few and far between. Gotta enjoy every minute!
I can't believe you caught me on video...it's just that the music completely takes over my body. It's like...we are one...and I that's just how I move. Try not to be jealous.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of jealous I'm slightly feeling that way since you got to have such an awesome time with your hubby sans kids! Lucky!!
That must have been incredible and im sure you had a fabulous time with the hot singers and the fans of age!It is definitely a story you can talk about to you're grand children!
ReplyDelete* I honestly haven't heard one of their songs, i know they are brilliant from the people who have raved about them. so i will check them out to stop embarrassing myself.
x
x
x
Umm, yea, anything in Reno, is gonna involve old people. As I was driving past the Il Divo billboard, I thought to myself, "Who would see that aside from Grandma's?" Now I know : ) Glad you had fun!
ReplyDeleteSo will you be posting a video of the new dance moves you learned?
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a great time! Sure beats my dinner with friends for her bday Friday night! LOL
Totally off the subject...did you ever see any of that high chair in the house from the dogs? LOL!!!
Sounds fun and I haven't ever heard of him...sorry! Guess I don't get out enough.
ReplyDeleteStopping by to give a little blog ♥
WOW sounds like a great night of fun to Me & yeah that lady dancing..wow. LOL
ReplyDeleteoh my god :) you seemed in a grand mood hahaha and I feel tired still from just an early bbq ha!
ReplyDeleteI gave you an award, although the language is less than ideal....either way, it's yours!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, how funny is that? she had some crazy dance moves, that's for sure! wait -- was that secretly you?! juuussttt kidding!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is seriously funny.
ReplyDeleteIf your kids are toy story crazy then you need to watch for when Toy Story & Toy Story 2 will be playing in 3D together. It is supposed to be a limited time...2 weeks I think...but it is both movies for the price of one. We saw the preview when we went to see GForce!
ReplyDeletehow "stinkin" fun!! hahaha!!! i do not do well with smells so i probably would have DIED from that man's bum bombs!! blyuck!
ReplyDeleteseriously though you look gorgeous in your photo!! i love your little dimple!! and you and the hubs make a great looking couple!
Heh, I love the description of the 'hip' crowd with their hearing aids turned up and their shoes shined to the max tossing back shots of Ensure...LOL!!
ReplyDeleteIn spite of the stink bombs being sent your way, it looks/sounds like you had a great time! Did you wash your hand? ;) That girl 'dancing' was hilarious! Love that picture of you and your hubby - such a cute couple!
Sounds like you had fun MAMA! I love your commentary on the photos, how classic :)
ReplyDelete~Samantha
Ummm, Reno + Il Divo = Old People. We have a lot of those here and they creep out for the best shows that only Reno would ever offer.
ReplyDeleteOMG I was in Reno on Friday, a total drunken spontaneous trip. I so wanted to see HEART. We were there for only the night, didn't even get a room. Spent the whole night at blackjack in Silver Legacy and Circus Circus. LOL
ReplyDeleteHope your trip was as fun as mine!!
the great joys of living les then 3hrs from Reno.
WOW!! looks like you had a great night!! :)
ReplyDeleteI can see what kind of people you were partying with in that first pic. The lady behind you looks like she could get down.
ReplyDelete....
Great photo!
ReplyDeleteHow cute is the picture of you and your hubs? TOO CUTE! Looks like you had a blast! :)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like an enchanting evening!
ReplyDeleteThat is great! I'm glad you had so much fun. Sorry to hear the crowd was a little rowdy. I love that first picture of you and the hubs, although I had to laugh when I looked past you guys. Ahem, ready for a party!
ReplyDeleteThat lady has some moooooooves...
ReplyDeleteI am glad you had such a great night out!
Wow. That lady rivals Elaine from Seinfeld.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I could get my husband to a concert like that. He'd be making fun of it the entire time.
Awesome night!! And my my that is some dancing haha!
ReplyDeleteYou are gorgeous girl! XO
What a beautiful couple you two make! And I also read your recent post on the Free Dog... days like that are the worst! Hope things have calmed down around your house!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from SITS...and wow...the girl dancing was something!!!! Yikes!!!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you and your hubs got a night out. Those are always wonderful!